Woody Pet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stephanie wrote:
Ilove it, Jim. Too funny. You must sleep with that bag of Woody Petcurled up next to you at night. :p
It actually goes everywhere with me. It's in the trunk of my car right now.

icon_neutral.gif

Is anyonecomposting Woody Pet? I can't imagine a reason why it wouldn't compostjust fine as long as it was spread out well across the pile and turnedthoroughly. But I'm not having a lot of success with my compostpiles...:(So, I thought I'd ask for your input on the WoodyPet part.

RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Is anyone composting WoodyPet? I can't imagine a reason why it wouldn't compost just fine as longas it was spread out well across the pile and turned thoroughly. ButI'm not having a lot of success with my compost piles...:(So,I thought I'd ask for your input on the Woody Pet part.

RaspberrySwirl
i have been composting it for as long as i have been using it,thats about 5 years.. mine is mixed in really well with everythingelse, i have also used it directly into the garden no problems..although if it's dry out and your not on a water ban it helps to wateryour compost pile

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Is anyone composting WoodyPet? I can't imagine a reason why it wouldn't compost just fine as longas it was spread out well across the pile and turned thoroughly. ButI'm not having a lot of success with my compost piles...:(So,I thought I'd ask for your input on the Woody Pet part.

RaspberrySwirl
There was actually a study on Woody Pet composting. I'll see if I canfind it. Until then this was what it said on the Woody Petsite>>>>

[font="Futura, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]COMPOSTING[/font]
[font="Futura, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]The Uria inthe Urine is what begins the decomposition process. Because the woodfibers in our product are much smaller than shavings and sawdust, andbecause the Uria is not diluted by resins, oils, tar, and excessivewater as it is in shavings and sawdust, it begins the decompositionprocess immediately, and decomposes much faster than shavings andsawdust.[/font]

JimD wrote:
Therewas actually a study on Woody Pet composting. I'll see if I can findit. Until then this was what it said on the Woody Petsite>>>>

[font="Futura, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]COMPOSTING[/font]
[font="Futura, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]The Uria inthe Urine is what begins the decomposition process. Because the woodfibers in our product are much smaller than shavings and sawdust, andbecause the Uria is not diluted by resins, oils, tar, and excessivewater as it is in shavings and sawdust, it begins the decompositionprocess immediately, and decomposes much faster than shavings andsawdust.[/font]
This is the kind of news I need to hear!

OK I went on their website *woodypet.com*and I dont think that there are any dealers near my state *MA* Iclicked on "Find a dealer" and NONE of those places are any where nearhere. Is there any place I could find that has woody pet near me? Doesany one know of some one who sells it in MA? Any info would be great! :D

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
OK I went on their website *woodypet.com* and I dontthink that there are any dealers near my state *MA* I clicked on "Finda dealer" and NONE of those places are any where near here. Is thereany place I could find that has woody pet near me? Does any one know ofsome one who sells it in MA? Any info would be great! :D

~Amy
Hi Amy!!

E-mail Dave Jr directly. The dealer he found for me wasn't listed on their website for some reason. Maybe you'll get lucky, too!

[email protected]

~Jim

I'm so EXCITED! I called my local feed store andthey have something that is the exact same thing as woody pet but has adifferent name. there is two of them, pine soft, and stable blend. theyare $6.50 for a 40lb bag...is that a good price?

ayglnu13 wrote:
OK I went on their website *woodypet.com* and I dontthink that there are any dealers near my state *MA* I clicked on "Finda dealer" and NONE of those places are any where near here. Is thereany place I could find that has woody pet near me? Does any one know ofsome one who sells it in MA? Any info would be great! :D

~Amy
i'm in Ma, are you near leicester or hardwick? I cantell you 2 places for sure that carry it there, otherwise i'm sure wecan find you a place, i know others have it.

ayglnu13 wrote:
Iam in Hopkinton, MA. I dont think I am near either of those places :? Ihave heard of leicester but not hardwick.

~Amy
you are about 30 to 40 mins from leicester, but i'm sure there has to be one somewhere near you...

ayglnu13 wrote:
Iam in Hopkinton, MA. I dont think I am near either of those places :? Ihave heard of leicester but not hardwick.

~Amy
i wasn't sure with the made up town names if yours was realor made up, because hopkinton fits in real well with the bunny board;)

RaspberrySwirl wrote:

RaspberrySwirl

I have been composting Woody Pet also. It goes eitherdirectly into the garden or on the compost heap. Since wehave so many cats, we also compost our cat litter - minus the solidwaste (poop). Urine provides nitrogen for green plantgrowth. BTW, we can still tell where the old outhouse used tobe on our property by the large, luxurious patch of grass.That outhouse was torn down about 25 years ago.

The Woody Pet and cat litter helps keep the grass clippings in thecompost heap from being so slimey. We have some spectacularblack-eyed susans that grow in mounds of used Woody Pet.Fresh rabbit droppings don't burn the way other fresh manurewould. No need to let it sit for a year or 2.

Anotheruse for used Woody Pet or cat litter - encouraging aresident skunk to move away from the house. A skunk dug hisden close to our back door and was 'fragrancing' the area.The Division of Wildlife suggested we put ammonia soaked rags down thehole at night after the skunk left to feed. The ammonia wouldcause the skunk to relocate. We utilized some well-used catlitter instead. The skunk relocated further from the house.

Hm-m-m-m-m-m, 101 uses for dirty litter and Woody Pet......

I too am interested in trying Woody Pet. Maybethose who have access to it can pack individual trial-size bags to sellon ebay so those who do not have access can try it. Just a thought.

ARRRRRRGH!!!

My local supplier of Woody Pet is out of stock, it's on backorder, and they don't know when it's coming in.

I OPENED MY LAST BAG THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!!

The next nearest supplier is almost an hour away.

Can you say, "PANIC ATTACK":scared:???

JimD wrote:
ARRRRRRGH!!!

My local supplier of Woody Pet is out of stock, it's on backorder, and they don't know when it's coming in.

I OPENED MY LAST BAG THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!!

The next nearest supplier is almost an hour away.

Can you say, "PANIC ATTACK":scared:???

Latest posts

Back