Woody Pet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help with that one, Buck. I've only picked up 2 loads and it all looks the same.

We used it in the litter boxes for the first time this week. Thebunnies took a while to get used to it. The next day it was evidentthat they liked it by the amount of poops and urine.

Benji's pan is tied down so I just scooped out as much soiled litter as I could and replaced it with fresh.

Binkie has a little pan so we just tossed the whole works, wiped it with a paper towel, and put fresh WP.

S'more waited until we removed her pan from her cage and then she raninto the corner and peed. It was so funny. She had been using her panand still is. I think it was just a comfort thing for her and she wasmaking sure her territory was still marked. The pan under the cage hasWP in it so there's no problem. The little stinker ;)

Changed three pans....ten minutes. This reeealy works for me.

I going to pick up pans for the other 3 bun as soon as I work out thespace problem in the smaller cages. I've got one larger cage that wejust bought that we will move one of the buns into (probably Brindle).Then I was going to rework the two smaller cages into one large cage.Here again I run into a space problem. The bunnie room is just not bigenough.

Hmmm..... maybe if I knock the back wall down and expand out....:shock:

:~) Jim

Buck Jones wrote:
Now, I have a question for you WoodyPet users, also. I'vebeen using it for years and it seems to me that of late thegranules have become smaller and "less defined," than theyused to be. It hasn't seemed to affect its efficiency andmight even be more comfortable than the larger granules of old, but Iwas wondering if anyone else noted a change?

Buck
it seems to crumble easier, and i had thought it seemed a bitsmaller, but i thought it was just my imigination playing tricks onme:peither which way it still wors wonders for the buns...

Meganc731 wrote:
...I can't get anyone to convert though:shock:It's so cheap and so easy to maintain, why wouldn'tthey want to change????? Oh well, one day when they come over and Itell them that I haven't changed my cat box for 3 weeks they'll seewhat I'm talking about ;)
I guess it's hard to imagine there might be a better product than oneyou are currently satisfied with and at a lesser price, too!

Often had me stymied, too, when people would write why they were sosatisfied with whatever they were using when they hadn't triedWoodyPet. If someone, whom I respected, recommended somethingto me, I wouldn't react negatively to their suggestion until I triedthe item. Till then, I 'd try to remain open minded about it.

The only cheaper thing was wood stove pellets, but they did not break down so easily after absorbing the moisture.

Buck

I E-mailed Dave from Woody Pet and unfortunatelythere are no woody pet dealers in my area :( Iguess if I go to Lake Geneva this spring or summer I can take a driveup to the nearest place that carries it.

I really would like to try it because I've heard so many wonderful things about it ;)

Jenn

Buck Jones wrote:
Now, I have a question for you WoodyPet users, also. I'vebeen using it for years and it seems to me that of late thegranules have become smaller and "less defined," than theyused to be. It hasn't seemed to affect its efficiency andmight even be more comfortable than the larger granules of old, but Iwas wondering if anyone else noted a change?

Buck
Well, this is interesting. I posted about this on a differentthread. My first bag was the smaller stuff.... the new bag isthe bigger stuff (maybe they had it longer) and it has a very strongsmell of wood ... almost a damp wood smell.

I prefer the littler stuff myself.

My huge bag of woody pet arrived today!I mixed it in with the litter I was using previously. HoweverCosmo has noticed theres something different and he picks out pieces ofwoody pet and eats them....is this really bad forhim? I have hay in his box that he also eats whilehe's pooping...

maybe he's just checking out the new kind of litter..and eating it is his way of "checking it out"...what do you think?

Thanks,

Vanessa

It is biodegradeable, therefore, I would suspectit would not hurt him. WoodyPet Professional Animal Bedding'sprimary purpose was to be wet down, dry out, and provide soft beddingfor horses. I doubt they would produce a product potentiallydangerous to such expensive animals as horses can be, if you follow myline of thought on that matter?

Buck

In the Woody Pet website under Horse Bedding;

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY HORSE EAT THE BEDDING?

The first thing that most horses do when they are introduced to WoodyPet Professional Animal Bedding is taste it. But because allof the tasty stuff has been removed it really tastes terrible, and itinstantly dries out their mouth. So far we have not had asingle report of a horse either continuing to eat our product, or introuble from doing so.

But what happens when a bunny ingests it and it expands 3 times the volume........FAT BUNNY!:D

Rainbows!

Chippy munched down on the WoodyPet for the firstcouple of days. It kind of looked like the same thing happened as withhorses. She would start eating it and within a few minutes you couldtell that she was not enjoying the way it broke down in her mouth.After that she hasn't eaten any, as far as I can tell. And no apparentill effects

I'm trying to locate a store in my area, Oshawa, ontario, canada. Can anyone help? I've emailed the sales team at Woodypet also.

Any comment s would be helpful!

Lyndsy:)

lyndsy wrote:
I'm trying to locate a store in my area, Oshawa, ontario, canada.

DaveJr., in Customer Relations was very helpful in getting Woody Petfor me. There was no dealers in Edmonton, but he madearrangements for me to pick up some from an Edmontonwarehouse.

Check thewebsite:http://www.woodypet.com/about.html,and email DaveJr. They are located in Surrey, B.C.

Rainbows! :)

Oh really? That kinda sucks:(I needed some kinda quick... OH well I guess everyones busy this time of year...

Anyone live by me that uses woodypet? If so where do you get from?

LMBO, come on i'm DESPERATE!

:D

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Check thewebsite:http://www.woodypet.com/about.html,and email DaveJr. They are located in Surrey, B.C.
That's funny, I purchased a product by Magnum Horse Bedding that fitthe description of this Woody Pet product you all so highly recommendand it appears the two companies are in the same town, Surrey,B.C.

www.magnumbedding.com

I got a 40lb bag for $5 at Animart.

Do you think the two are one in the same?

British Columbia has a big industry in forestrydueto their natural resources. Theyhavelogging, and pulp and paper mills. I wouldn't besurprised if there are several saw mills in the same place.So having two companies in the same town is possible.

How does your Magnum Horse Bedding work, Bojay? I'm sure Buck Jones would be interested now.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back