Woody Pet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Greetings all!

I'm having a difficult time finding a store that carries Woody Pet. I was using CareFresh for a long time. It's way too expensive to be using for litter. Yesterday we tried some Yesterday's News. It works out to be a little cheaper, but I'd really like to try the Woody Pet litter.

I tried searching on the web, but I just keep getting asked to submit a request for locations that distribute the stuff. They say that they do not publish a list of distibutors and I'm still waiting for their reply.

Buck, you're in NJ... Where were you able to find it? I'd like to find somewhere closeby, but I'll consider driving a ways to make a large purchase. I'd even consider ordering online, although I love to wander through the pet stores.

Jim

hi JimD

Is that right that woody pet is used FOR HORSES AS WELL AS RABBITs?

I'll have a look...What part of the states are u in?

Greetings JimD.

Did you try www.woodypet.com ? Often times, they see it at TractorSupply Company stores...and if you think you like pet stores...wait'llyou go in there. ;) I think Buck found a store down his way that wasabout an hour's drive or more if I'm not mistaken.

Whenever Buck visits Tucker Town, he'll usually always make a visit and he'll stock up with bags and bags of it.

You might check places in your area that sell horse supplies because it was primarily sold as horse bedding.

It's sold for under $5 here, and I completely appreciate what you meanabout the prices of the litters you mention, besides the fact, it's agreat product.

-Carolyn

JimD, It's the mostfabulousstuff! I tried it on Carolyn and Buck's suggestion and havenever looked back! I get mine from Tractor Supply company and it runsus $4.99 a bag. We use an inch or two in our litter box and a bag lastsus amonth and a half or more. It is so much more economicalthan the litter we were previously using. And it smells so much bettertoo. No more stinky litter box! Good Luck!

Raspberry

As Carolyn says, we usually "stock up" at TractorSupply Company outlets whenever we visit Carolyn or our son inNashville TN. Do not believe there are any TCS outlets in NJ.

Other people have found WoodyPet in Agways. You might haveone somewhere in your area, Sussex County or western counties in NJ,although Agway seems to have a diminishing presence here in the stateas the farms disappear and the "McMansions" take their place.

For some reason, the link to independent dealers is not functioning asit should be at the website. You might try querying them viae-mail, asking for the most local dealer(s) in your area.Actually, that may have been what I did to find a localretailer the one and only time I bought WoodyPet here in NJ. Now, Iusually pick it up during trips north and south.

If memory serves me correctly, and don't hold me to this, I think webought it at Rick's Saddle Shop, 292 Rt 539, Cream Ridge, NJ, 609758-7267. I tried calling them, but being Sunday, they areapparently closed. You could try tomorrow.

In truth, any equestrian type shop or feed store that caters to horseowners might carry it. It is worth a yellow pages or internetsearch to locateany such places nearby and ask if they carryWoodyPet Professional Animal Bedding. It is primarily usedfor horse bedding, but functions admirably as litter for buns.

WoodyPet markets animal litter as well, but I've never used it becausethe one and only time I saw it, it was in smaller bags and there was noprice on it. I didn't want to "horse"(pun intended) aroundwith the smaller bags and I surmised the price would likely be higherdue to the change in packaging and expressed purpose, but, in truth,that may not be the case. I can't imagine the product to bemuch different, however, and the Animal Bedding suits my purpose andwallet quite well, thank you!

I store it in the basement in the bags it comes in until I need it,then I opena 30 lb bag and transfer itscontentsinto 2 ea 30 lb capacity plastic tubs that formerlyheld Equisi-Cat clumping cat litter during a previous life withprevious bunnies, when I didn't know any better. The 30 lbsof granulated WoodyPet fits nicely into the two tubs and the sealingtops and bail handles of the tubs provide for easy and accessible useon a daily basis.

It is the best stuff I've beenable to find and several other posters here are in agreement.

Good luck in your quest! If for some reason you are unable tolocate any, it would be no great inconvenience for me to pick some upthe next time we visit Carolyn's Tucker Town, which we will be doing inthe not too distant future.

I would just ask that you call the Tractor Supply Company store in herarea prior to our making the trip to insure it is in stock.You could then pick it up at our place, or we could meet somewhereconvenient to the both of us if we are passing through your area andthe timing is right.

Let me know.

Buck

Even if you have to drive a bit, it's worth it.We recently made the switch from Yesterdays News to Woody Pet and I amhooked. My rabbits love it too, they actually use their box more.

It's a big of a haul for us, down a dirt road no less. Next time I needsome I'm going to buy the store out and just store the rest.

i found the woodypet about 5 years ago,having had rabbits a very long time now i've tried numerous types oflitter/bedding, and as far as i'm concerned woodypet is tops in mybook. And I do think my rabbits like it better aswell.

I found it at TRACTOR SUPPLY as well. Ihaven't used it yet, but this HUGE bag (40 lbs I think) was like $5!!!!compared to Carefresh and all that other stuff, that's nothing!

I'll let you know what I think, but definitely try your Horse supply places.

Another feed store tried to sell me something they use...... I didn'tbite..... it had dust flying everywhere when I moved a bag.

I use critter care or carefresh for my bunniesand my son mouse. The woody pet seems so much cheaper. can i use it forthe mouse too? I have to go to the feed store today so imight look to see if they carry it.

Cristy

Woody pet is made RIGHT HERE!! Yuppers, here inthe Lower Fraser Valley of beautiful BC....who knew? When I wassearching and searching for the perfect litter that it twas right underme nose? They deliver too boot! I wouldnt go back to anythingelse-girls love it, tiss cheap compared to some of the other *organic*brands and I buy 3 bags of it at a time.

Cher

Cher wrote:
Woody pet is made RIGHT HERE!!... They deliver too boot!....
Cher
You lucky sonofagun! We all have to go on quests to obtainit,butthe Queen and hersubjectsgets it delivered totheirdoorstep.

Yeah, I know, it's a tough job,and someone has to do it, right?

Buck

mygrl2k3 wrote:
Iuse critter care or carefresh for my bunnies and my son mouse. Thewoody pet seems so much cheaper. can i use it for the mousetoo? I have to go to the feed store today so i might look tosee if they carry it.

Cristy
Yes, it says it's for any animal.

I didnt see it there at the feed store, but ididnt ask. i feel silly asking for stuff thats for horses. Maybe i willdo a seach online for it sometime.

Cristy

JimD wrote:
I'm thinking that BC is for British Columbia, Canada. Right?

Jim
Yes, Cher found "us" while working in Taiwan, but has since returned toCanada. It seems, though, she is looking to go back in thenot too distant future.

Either way, she's an "old" friend to many of us and a frequent poster.

Buck

mygrl2k3 wrote:
Iuse critter care or carefresh for my bunnies and my son mouse. Thewoody pet seems so much cheaper. can i use it for the mousetoo? I have to go to the feed store today so i might look tosee if they carry it.

Cristy

Hi Christy,

According to their website, Woody Pet can be used for any small animal. Good for birds, reptiles, bunnies, horses, etc.

Now if I could just find a store that sells it. I may have to arrange a trip to BC and bring some back;).

Jim

I cant find any place close enough to me. Theclosest was at least a three hour drive. I have only been driving foreight months and have a bad sense of direction no way would i go on along road trip. I did just get my very own car not too longago after sharing with my husband. Can you buy it online?

Cristy

I finally emailed them (using Buck Jones' name asa reference ;) ) and they sent me the address of a tractor supply storereally close to me. I am going to wait for the Yesterday's News to runout (I just bought another bag when I got the covered litter box), butthen I'm going to run up there and get some. :) How Exciting!

I just opened the bag and used it in the pan forthe first time. I am already impressed. It's niceand clean smelling (like wood) and a little covers his box nicely!

Latest posts

Back