Woody Pet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMM see when I first opened WoodyPet I have to admit I thought thesmell was quite nice and this may sound corny but it did smell woodyjust like it said on the bag.

It'd be interesting if we could smell all 3 and compare, don't know whyI want to know about this but I just do, it's really got me thinking, Imean it'd have to be different or else these 3 companies could accusethe others with imitating each others product.

Yet Seniorcats I could see how they may smell the same, because theylook exactly the same, if you were to put all 3 in a pile with no tagsand asked what brand they were I'd say WoodyPet. well on here they lookthe same anyway.
So is the texture the same???? I mean do they feel the same???

edited to ask the last question

Well hello there Apollo!!!!
:hug:
I could of sworn you posted something about WoodyPet???? Ummm Maybe wasmy imagination? Or maybe was your mummy using your account, you betterwatch out for her Wallo you never know what she might say and then tryand tell us you said it. :foreheadsmack:
Come back soon though!!! :kiss:

LOL Mambo hearing "the great and powerful" part instantly made me think of the line from the wizard of oz LOL

I was posting about Woody pet and Opps Iwas using poor Wollo's account. :shock:He was not pleased andit took a few cuddles to get him to forgive me.

Y'all are so going inflate his ego when he reads this.:?

Tina

JimD wrote:
ruka wrote:
Is anyone aWoody Pet supplier? If you are, how does it work? Is it a lot ofwork?Because there are no Woody Pet suppliers where I live, Iwas interested in maybe becoming a supplier. Thanks.
Hi ruka!

In consideration of my situation, I have certainly considered the prospect of becoming a supplier myself.

I'm not sure how to become a distributor/supplier of Woody Pet. I havea current contact that I can send to you tomorrow. If the demand isworth it, I'm sure they would figure out a way to supply it.

Do you have a supplier in HI that you purchase from?

~JimD
That's the thing. There is no one here who sells Woody Pet! I havenever tried it,but from hearing how wonderful it is on theforum, I'm sure I would like it and"rabbit people" here willbe interested in buying it too. I suggested earlier that someone whohas easy access to it could make trial-sized bags of Woody Pet and sellit on ebay to those who haven't tried it yet. But no reply. I checkedout the Woody Pet site about being a supplier but I want tolearnfrom someone who already is one.

ruka wrote:
I suggested earlier that someone who has easyaccess to it could make trial-sized bags of Woody Pet and sell it onebay to those who haven't tried it yet.
Unfortunately,I doubt theshipping costs would make doing such a thing costeffective.

Hi! I have been reading all of the wonderfulthings you guys have siad about Woody Pet and it makes me want to tryit for my rabbit. I went and searched for the closest dealer, but it isabout 2 hours and 47 minutes away! I am currently using Carefresh, butit is getting to be a bit expensive. Do you guys think it is worth thealmost 3 hour drive to get Woody Pet and the 3 hour drive back?

Boricua_bunny wrote:
Hi! I have been reading all of the wonderful things you guyshave siad about Woody Pet and it makes me want to try it for my rabbit.I went and searched for the closest dealer, but it is about 2 hours and47 minutes away! I am currently using Carefresh, but it is getting tobe a bit expensive. Do you guys think it is worth the almost 3 hourdrive to get Woody Pet and the 3 hour drive back?
There are other brands that are similar. Mine is called MarthAnimal and Reptile Pellet Bedding. So, does that mean thatreptiles aren't animals?:p I found it at a local feedstore. Even if your local feed stores don't carry anythinglike that, they may be able to order it for you. Since I'mthe only one that buys it, and I just bought their last bag, my storetold me to call them a week before they need it and they'll order itfor me. That way it doesn't get dirty from sitting in theirstorage area, either.

What I'm curious about is does the brand matter? Is there asignificant difference between Marth, Woody Pet, and the other brandsout there?

I went to buy Woody Pet today at Tractor Supplyand the price has gone up again. It was $5.27 for a 40 poundbag and now it's $5.67 (without tax). Is it just ourTSC? They built a new store and moved in 2 weeksago. Is the cost going up everywhere? I alsonoticed the Equine Bedding brand now costs the same as WoodyPet. At the old store it was a little cheaper than WoodyPet. I better stock up before they raise the price again.

FYI - yes, the smell, appearance, texture andability to soakup urine and smells, is the same for Equine Bedding. I can'ttell the difference betweenEquine and Woody Pet.

Okay, my Woody Pet went up!!! :XIt was $5.68 a bag! :shock:

I was looking for my post where I listed what it was when I first started buying it- I think it was around $4.75. I know it was under $5.00.

Hmmmmm......Isn't there another thread around here comparing other products to Woody Pet???

Maybe we should have our very own Bunny Box Study- There are enough of us using different wood pellet products- We could do product comparisons and see what the end result is.

The way I see it, most of us never even heard of Woody Pet before we found it on RO. Maybe there is something else out there that we don't know about either...

Raspberry

Hey Razz, there is a generic brand called gardian. It is simalar to woodpet. I went to walmart and got the wood stove pellets all natural wood. I had no problems with them when we had MeatHead. It only cost us 3.75 a 40 lb bag. But it is seasonal as well.

There's several brands of wood pellets out there. Here's a list that Pet_Bunny and I compiled:

ABM (Advanced Bedding Management)
Dragon Mountian
Dry Den
Dry Stall
Equi-Litter
EquineFresh
Feline Pine
Gentle Touch Products
Guardian Horse Bedding
J.P. McCrumb Woodshavings
Kaytee
Kentucky Komfort
Lone Star Bedding
Magnum Horse Products
Norstar Pellet Bedding
Pine Stall Horse Bedding
Pinnacle Pine Horse Bedding
Woody Pet
Agway(their own brand)

Did I mention that I still only pay $4.79 for Woody Pet....AND they give me any ripped bags for free??

~Jim

Hi

Well we have used woody pet for our birds, rabbit's and horses and would use nothing else now. They stay clean for so much longer(no smell)and it really soaks up the water they spill.. It really hurts my hubby's wallet(LOL) to use in our horses stalls but it's worth it!

Latest posts

Back