Woody Pet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed him. I would really like to try thisproduct but if its going to cost alot to ship i dont know if it wouldbe a savings or not. I wouldnt mind a little drive but as faras i can its a long distance.

Cristy

Whoa!:shock:I'm impressed! I've owned several businesses and myhusband owns his own business. You gotta do the right stuff in thebusiness world. This guy knows how to make a good impression!:dude:Way to go DaveJr.!!!

RaspberrySwirl

Greeting to All!

I'm headed to Morristown, NJ this morning to pick up some WoodyPet.DaveJr gave me the location of an Agway store and I called the to makesure they have stock. THEY DO !!!!! It only about a 25 minute drivefrom me. I'll let everyone know how it goes.:)

Jim

Dearest Flyslayer:

May the wings of travel be light upon your feet in your impendingquest for the holy Woody Pet!

Write us of your perilous journey whence you return!

Cher

Dave Jr. wrote:
If anyone in this fine rabbit forum has any questions regardingWoody Pet Professional Animal Bedding, please email me direct or callthe Woody Pet toll free number. We will be more than happy to answerany questions or direct you to a Woody Pet Bedding outlet. (hopefullyin your area) [email protected]

888-535-9816 toll free

Dave Jr.

Woody Pet Products Inc

Welcome to the Forum, Dave, Jr.

As you can see, you have quite a constituency here.

Thanks for helping our Dear Friends, JimD and Elf Mommy.

-Carolyn

Tiss good we were not holding our breath about your journey.....so ??? ARE you indeed rich in Woody Pet delights now?

Cher

Cher wrote:
Tissgood we were not holding our breath about your journey.....so ??? AREyou indeed rich in Woody Pet delights now?

Cher
Greetings Cher,

Sorry I'd didn't post my recent adventure sooner. Saturdaywasquite a day for us. I picked up 6 bags of WoodyPetfrom a distributor about a half an hour away. We got home and my wifechanged and cleaned all of the cages and tables in the bunnie room.Danielle made sure all the bunnies were clean from head-to-tail. Mydaughters (Jessiica is the youger one) changed and cleaned all 8hamster cages (they live in the bunnie room). After every little furrywas set, I got out the vacum and gave the whole room a twice-over.

We managed to kill all the flies (See the post on "Flies, flies, andmore flies" or "Thumping Lola"). We ran around all afternoon swattingaway. Every now-and-then you'd hear...BAM!! "Got another one!". It wasa lot more fun that using flystrips ;). If I notice any flies todayI'll go out and pick up some strips, but I think we got them all. Ithink we had about 15 or so. Not the green houseflies or biting ones.They were black ones that I don't think I've seen too much. Maybe theyor their eggs got carried in on something we bought. Reminded me of theAmityville Horror. It happened once before a few years ago, but wedidn't have any animals at that time. Weird.

Jim

I got a number i can call to see if i can get itshipped from the closest place but if it costs alot then it wont be asavings for me.

Cristy

I just have to say that from all I have heardabout woody pet from some of these posts, I too jumped on the woody petbandwagon. I love it!! It has such a nice smell to it, and I think mybuns love the stuff! I also use it with all my hamsters, rats, andmice.... it works especially well with those critters- better thananything else i have ever used.

I am very impressed by the woody pet, and dont think i'd go back to anything else ever again....

I went after myregular "re-load" bag last Friday and the guy at Tractor Supply wastelling me how impressed he was with it when they had some 4-H kidswitha rabbit display in the store for a few days. He saidthey used it and he couldn't believe it didn't smell after all thosedays. He said he had personally raised rabbits and been around them allhis life and never seen anything that eliminated oder like Woody Pet. Ijust smiled and said "Yep, that's what me and about 800 of my friendsthink too!"

I do have a question though. How do youguys maintain your boxes between changes? Do you scoop poo or scoop anyof the saw dust stuff that gets wet, out of the box? I've gotten whereI don't do a thing anymore between changes. I just wait the few daysand dump the whole box but I was wondering what everyone elsedoes.

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I went after my regular "re-load"bag last Friday and the guy at Tractor Supply was telling me howimpressed he was with it when they had some 4-H kids with a rabbitdisplay in the store for a few days. He said they used it and hecouldn't believe it didn't smell after all those days. He said he hadpersonally raised rabbits and been around them all his life and neverseen anything that eliminated oder like Woody Pet. I just smiled andsaid "Yep, that's what me and about 800 of my friends think too!"

I do have a question though. How do youguys maintain your boxes between changes? Do you scoop poo or scoop anyof the saw dust stuff that gets wet, out of the box? I've gotten whereI don't do a thing anymore between changes. I just wait the few daysand dump the whole box but I was wondering what everyone elsedoes.

Raspberry

You know, I was wondering the exact same thing!!! I have just beenchanging the whole thing at once, but I was wondering if scooping themost solid areas would extend the woody pet's life even longer. Howoften is everyone else changing their woody pet? And who changes it allat once, with doing nothing in between; and who just does "spottreatments" in between the changings?

I've said it before and I'll say it again......I love WoodyPet.:p

We just litter trained 3 of our buns so I'm going to try to just scoopout thesoiled litter for a couple of days. If that doesn'tcut it, I'll just change the litter completely every few days asneeded. So much easier that breaking down entire cages to clean.

I'm so excited that it was soooo easy to train the chosen 3. I can't believe that I've been putting it off for so long.

We went out yesterday and bought corner pans for Benji, S'more, andBinkie. S'more and Binkie took to it pretty quick. It took Benji alittle longer. He would move the pan out of the way so he could get tohis corner. Eventually I had to tie his pan down and that solved theproblem.

The only problem is having enough room in the cages for pans big enoughfor the buns to be able to get into. I guess we could get bigger cages,but then I'd have to put an addition on the bunnie room :shock:.

:~) Jim

Not knowing whatkind of setup and cages you are using leaves me at a disadvantage, butwhen I first litter box trained Sebastian I used the small size kittenbox. Now I have a large deep cat box.

He actually prefers the small one and Istill use it sometimes in the kitchen if he is out and about. I justleave his other one in his cage. When I originally got the larger one Iwas still using aspen shavings and needed a deeper box to keep the messdown.

Of course Sebastian is a little guy, sowe could get away with a smaller box than some bunniescould.

Raspberry

I only discard the "used" portion of the litterdaily, adding enough to compensate for the loss. That oftenmeans there are some poops remaining from day to day, but they are notquite the problem that the urine is. If I'm feeling anal(nopun intended), I might remove the poops by extracting them one by onewhile shaking the litter box...kinda like panning for gold.LOL More frequently, I just leave them there.

If the urine begins to stain the plastic litter box, I may dump alllitter and treat the box with a white vinegar soak on an as neededbasis.

Now, I have a question for you WoodyPet users, also. I'vebeen using it for years and it seems to me that of late thegranules have become smaller and "less defined," than theyused to be. It hasn't seemed to affect its efficiency andmight even be more comfortable than the larger granules of old, but Iwas wondering if anyone else noted a change?

Buck

I've only beenusing it for a few months so I'm not sure that's long enough to tell.It kind of seems like when I first started getting it the pieces mighthave been larger. I can't say I notice a difference in the definitionthough, but it would make sense that if they are smaller it would beginto flake off and crumble.

Perhaps since they've hit it so big withsmaller animal care now, maybe they decided it might be beneficial todownsize the pieces...who knows?

Raspberry

I have not noticed a difference in granule sizesince I started using it, but they started storing it outside and webought some one time after it had been wet and there were a few partsthat were ruined. I probably could have taken it back but I didn't. Ihave started using it for my cat and I SWEAR by it for the cat! I can'tget anyone to convert though :shock:It's so cheap and so easyto maintain, why wouldn't they want to change????? Oh well, one daywhen they come over and I tell them that I haven't changed my cat boxfor 3 weeks they'll see what I'm talking about ;)

Megan

For removing the soiled parts, I just use myshopvac (I LOVE that thing) Suck up the corners and the worst of thepoopies then add more in. Same way I clean out the ratcage. I am not risking picking that thing up again since whenI was cleaning it out the first time I dropped it on my foot and brokemy toe and lost my toenail =p

As for the granule size, I dunno, just started using it a few months ago ;)

Latest posts

Back