What's your obsession?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to say that my obsession is journals.
I have way too many- not one of them is completely filled out though. :D

And moons. I constantly draw them. ^_^

ChandieLee wrote:
I'd have to say that my obsession is journals.
I have way too many- not one of them is completely filled out though. :D

I have this one too!

bump

My mum is kinda book obsessed- my dad is kinda dvd obsessed- consequently we have one room in our house totally devoted to books- we call in our library. Every wall have bookshelves on it with books all piled and squished on we have so many. Hehe.

In the living room (it's quite big- it's like a living room/dining room) we have two bookcases filled with dvds (one mostly videos). We have all our boxsets like Godfather, House, Prison Break, 24, Friends etc. on one shelf- and then the rest of them we have hundreds of dvd's all in alphabetical order lol!! But they're all realy gd- my dad has v good taste in films lol. :D

Me and my sister also have and have had since we were little, an obsession with collecting Beanie Babies. I think we have a couple of hundred altogether lol. We just loved them. We don't collect them any more though- we don't have enough room :D

Also- last thing haha me and my sister are totally obsessed with Lord of the Rings. Completely and utterly. It's just amazing.

When I was a kid I was the biggest Transformers fan, to this day I can still name every Transformer I ever owned, and pretty much every Transformer ever made.
I was working part time at Toys R' Us while in college when Transformers came back out as vehicles (they were animals for the previous 4 years). I can was captivated all over again especially by the new Optimus Prime who was now a fire truck. I decided that I was to old for toys and only admired from a far. Later that year Hasbro, the company that makes Transformers, released a side product line of 1:24 scale model cars that turn into classic characters, and that was what open the flood gates. I ended collecting most of them, there is a Jeep Wrangler, a Mazda RX, and Mustang which is one of my favorites.

-Jay

Haha that DVD collection looks like hubby's... he buys movies every week when they come out, before ever seeing them!

My friends think my obsession is collecting animals! What, just b/c I have horses, ponies, mini horses, mini donkeys, goats, cats, dogs, lizards, fish, and the buns???

My obsession is Breyer horses. I have literally HUNDREDS of them. I'd be surprised if the value of my collection is under ten grand.I don't like to think about what we've speant on just one model as it is!I really enjoy collecting the limited edition ones, especially the Connisuer models (sp?). If I don't get drawn to buy them from Breyer, I get them from ebay. Those are models only subscribers to JAH (Breyers' mag) can buy, and they only make 350 of them. We also have a one of a kind Breyer Test color, a rainbow Cigar, that hubby bought in the live auction at Breyerfest in '05. We had to miss BFest last year, we had planned to go this year, but we're moving so we're saving up, so need to miss it... but guess what? We're moving to Ky, which is where it's held, so then we can go EVERY YEAR!!! :)

Most of my Breyers are in a bedroom where the dogs and cats can't get to them, on display on large shelves/bookcase things and a desk. This includes all the Christmas and Halloween ones in their boxes, minus the very first Christmas one. Also, both sets of the treasure hunts.

I have my really special ones in the dining/living room in cabinets/entertainment center with glass fronts to protect. Let me find some pics... they're not good pics, I need to get better lighting (it was dark out, flash reflected off the glass and mirror...) You can really tell the diff taking the pics during the day makes, Scallywag is my latest, I took his pic during the day. I don't have pics uploaded of my other cabinet, so those ones will have to miss out!

Cabinet before I got my latest conniseur
Breyercabinet.jpg

Wedgewood JAH 30th Anniversary Special Run Saddlebred:
wedgewoodsaddlebred.jpg

Galahad, a 2005 BreyerFest horse:
galahad.jpg

Highwire, a 2006 Breyerfest horse:
highwire.jpg

And some Connoisseurs:
Wanderlust:
wanderlust.jpg

Tortuga:
tortuga.jpg

Tempest:
tempest.jpg

Shenanigans:
shenanigans.jpg

Scallywag:
scallywag.jpg

Masquerade:
masquerade.jpg

and Inconspicuous:
inconspicuous.jpg

This is our test color Cigar at BFest in the display case where the raffle horses were kept until raffle time:
74d33bc3.jpg

And him in our entertainment center:
cigar.jpg

Yup, I'm addicted to Breyers!
Jessi

Going to watch the movie? I should be this weekend!

buck rogers wrote:
When I was a kid I was the biggest Transformers fan, to this day I can still name every Transformer I ever owned, and pretty much every Transformer ever made.
I was working part time at Toys R' Us while in college when Transformers came back out as vehicles (they were animals for the previous 4 years). I can was captivated all over again especially by the new Optimus Prime who was now a fire truck. I decided that I was to old for toys and only admired from a far. Later that year Hasbro, the company that makes Transformers, released a side product line of 1:24 scale model cars that turn into classic characters, and that was what open the flood gates. I ended collecting most of them, there is a Jeep Wrangler, a Mazda RX, and Mustang which is one of my favorites.

-Jay

:shock::grumpy::p:D

buck rogers wrote:
I already went to an advance screening on monday:biggrin2:. It was great, and I'll probably go again though this weekend.

JadeIcing wrote:
Going to watch the movie? I should be this weekend!

Bump add your obsession.

Well I have loads of books mainly animal and autobiographies, I also have prob about 400 beanie babies lol! and prob just as many cuddlies (I think I'm on the verge of being banned from buying anymore), this may sound childish but I collect Bella Sara cards, I also have loads of stamps, I used to collect gems and fossils and still ocasionally add to it now ( I used to get them from the Isle Of wight as they have a lot of fossil shops there!) My favorite fossil is a tooth of a Spinosaur, it's about as big and as thick as your thumb! and I have now gone onto collecting panda based memorabilla. Oh yes and I also collect keyrings too! If I remember I will have to take a pic of the keyring chain I made if, I remember correctly it's about as long as my bed lol!

How do you all have time for these things?

I like to read, and listen to music, and take pictures, and I've had plenty of years to accumulate stuff, but goodness gracious, I can't even fathom having the time to do what you all do! Wow. Simply wow. :shock:

Seriously, how do you all find the time? I know it happens gradually, over the years, but I'm still amazed. Even my wildest obsession doesn't come anywhere close in quantity to what I've seen in this thread. Very impressive. :)

oh and I forgot I have a boxfull of schliech horses as well lol! not to mention endless dvd's lol!

kirsterz09 wrote:
oh and I forgot I have a boxfull of schliech horses as well lol! not to mention endless dvd's lol!

Give me the horses!

JadeIcing wrote:
kirsterz09 wrote:

Give me the horses!
lol I would if I didn't want them but I do! I'm trying to find space to display them properly byt when you live in 2 rooms of a house it's hard to find lol!

Have you seen the schleich collectors thread?

nope but I will check it out now

Ohh good thread! I have to agree with most of you that my main thing is books. Between my books and my hubby's we have between 2500 to 3000. We are building book cases to go on every wall in our bedroom and livingroom custom to fit some of our most important ones.

I'm going to say the other things I would collect the most are definitely beads because I do a lot of beadwork, and knitting stuff.

,cos hubby doesnt read this forum i'll admit to books, also material and block ideas cos i quilt, threads for my tatting and crochet..and it would be rude to refuse the gifts of beads that my friend buys me in return for dog sitting;)

i dont include the bunny-related items at all;) i also dont include make up as thats a basic necessity for me:D

Michael Jackson :)

Oh yesss. Check my thread for pics of my collection.

Latest posts

Back