What's your obsession?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i say goth. . .it wasn't the trend goth, but the religous movement. . .

during part of my highschool years, i would have been considered a gothkid. . .wearing all black and such. . . but my friend was way more intothe dark parts of the religous movement that what any 15 year oldshould be. . .she ended up getting into some trouble and hassince 'cleaned up' her ways and views. . . but for a whilethere, it was scary. . .

naturestee wrote:
Bassetluv, I think I have over 100 Breyer horses, plus a fewothers, sitting in boxes in my parents' house. Some of themare new-in-box, and when Ebay first came out I was buying some stuffoff of there, like a classic woodgrain fighting stallion.

I really should bring them here and display at least some of them, butI have no idea where I'd put them. My house is really small,and I don't see the point of moving them from my old, mostly unusedbedroom in my parents' house to my overcrowded basement.

They're so pretty, but I'm trying to stay away from collecting thingsthat sit around and gather dust. It's a family obsession ofall females from my mom's mother's family. We all collecttrinkets and we all love cats. :craziness
Oh wow....that'd be Breyer heaven to me, owning that many! Almost allof mine were secondhand purchases, not in boxes (limited budget) and Ihave them in my kitchen above the cupboards. Not a good place forstoring them, but I really don't have any options (at least until Imanifest my huge country house ;)). And I think collecting things runsin my family too...I remember going to my grandmother's house inHalifax when I was young and just staring at all of her ornaments. Shehad tons of china cups, animal and human figurines (Royal Doulton, Ithink?), and just so many neat things. She's the reason why I fell inlove with the Victorian era, I think...antique furniture and a roomfilled with knicknacks.)

Someday you and I will both have big houses and then we can get together and play horses...*grin*

Haha!! Yeah, we have D&Dfigurines, too, though we just have one each. BUT we were thefirst to introduce them to our group. I would take a picture,but they don't match our currently-played characters, and they're notpainted, so I don't know how the pure pewter will turn out with flashand all. :)

JadeIcing wrote:
Very cool. My husbandsD&D stuff overwhelms me. Also has some metal mini model thingsyou put together and paint. Can't remember the name.

I've cut way way back on books - at one point wehad TEN BOOKCASES of books in our house. Yep - TEN. We werehomeschooling at the time and some of the books were school books andtwo encyclopedia sets - but all four of us were/are readers.

We're down to four bookcases now - largely because the kids have movedout...and of course we still have boxes of books that I haven'tunpacked yet....

As for me - I used to collect teddy bears (from artists who make themby hand) - I have one from the UK, two from Australia I think....a fewfrom here in the states. I also collected other teddy bears that Iliked. I think I've cut my collection back something like 4 or 5 timesalready...and I still have way too many.

I love ceramic houses - have also cut back on those and kept my favorites.

I used to collect mugs - cut back on those too..

I love a lot of stuff and would collect it - but the fact is - I just don't have the space.

(I think I collect rabbits instead now - I'd rather have them...).

Peg

Okay, so before I met my husband I think I hadaround two hundred books on my "read" list, but was through the library:grumpy so I didn't get to actually KEEP the books.

When I met my husband, and his HUNDREDS of books, I was shown the worldof the Used Book Store (of which we have quite a few nearby, hehe), andif we hadn't have had an eviction a couple years ago, coupled withlosing quite a large chunk of our belongings (another frown), we wouldhave over three hundred books at this point.

As it stands, we're busy rebuilding, but our collection will never bethe same...when you've read so many, it's hard to remember what yourcollection consisted of before.

Anyway, our favorite authors include, but most certainly aren't limited to:

Rosie:
Anne Rice, Robin Cook, Michael Crichton, Faye Kellerman, CatherineCoulter (her murder/mysteries), C.S. Lewis, and many more I cannotthink of (notice note above).

Combined Favs:
Isaac Asimov, Robert A. Heinlein, Douglas Adams, and MANY more.

I'm in the process of my stuffy collection. It's not too higha count quite yet, I think it numbers about twenty...but I'm workin' onit! :) I used to have over a hundred when I was a kid, and mydaughter is close to outnumbering me on that one! :shock:

My dice so far number 128...53 of which I use during every D&Dgame. (Not unheard of for a spellcaster, hehe!)This is NOT including my husband's collection, which I'm not even goingto bother to count, hehe!

Oh, and let's not forget my collection of RO Posts!! 4000 and counting! :shock: Hehe!!

Collections I want to start:

Crystal figurines
Penguins (restart from when I was little, see bunny collection pic thread)
Bunnies (both various bunny things, and bunnies themselves, hehe!)
Pictures (300 and counting!)

Ok just my Nora Roberts ones. My goal is to own all her books under this name. Than see if I like the J.D. Robb ones.

First single stories and anthologies.

100_5504.jpg

Now trilogies and series.

100_5508.jpg

100_5509.jpg

100_5510.jpg

My obsessions..hmmm?

I guess interior decorating. I love buying things for my home and Ivehelped my mom and some friends redo different rooms in their homes.

Also I am obscessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer :embarrassed:

And of course, buying things for my spoiled bunnies.

Haley wrote:
My obsessions..hmmm?

I guess interior decorating. I love buying things for my home and Ivehelped my mom and some friends redo different rooms in their homes.

I do the same. I didn't put that but on another forum that is what myDH put. I made this thread there to. Heh I am going to still his postand put it here.

ToastyRob wrote:
I try not to letmy hobbies become obsessions. When I do, I loose interest in them. I'mbig into games, movies, comics...umm, my computer....

In the past I'd considerably OD on one particular game, then not wantto even look at it for a month or two. Eventually I'd go back to it.

And right now...for example.... I'm suddenly jonesing to get a game ofWH40K going but getting the time to do so is hard. Once upon a time Iplayed it almost daily after school, then I burned out and didn't haveany interest. Eventually I was able to play again, played once a weekand that was perfect. Then I lost interest again and haven't playedsince. Now I'm back to wanting to again. And even when I wasn't playingI still picked up some mini's now and then to assemble and paint.

Oh, and the D&D minis. Completed two or three whole sets andworking on the others before I stopped. Although that wasn't really dueto burn out, more like the need to put my money to more importantthings (the wedding was coming up).

Anime. I picked up a new DVD or two every week. EVERY WEEK!!

Movies! When it comes down the movies I like I try to get thewidescreen multiple disk special edition with mega extra bonus crap. Igot Batman Begins, and a week later my brother got thespecial-with-comic-book-and-other-stuff edition. I hated him for itbecause I couldn't find it anywhere. And still can't. But, I got thenice Superman Special Edition-in-a-tin (with original movie posters) soHA! IN YOUR FACE CHRIS!

Ok, this went on a little longer than I intended. So I'll stop here.

{EDIT:Someof my WH40K minis. }

ToastyRob wrote:
Hex Girl wrote:
Interiordesign. If I ever stop changing something in my house it willprobably be because I dropped dead.
Ok. You're not allowed tohang out with Jade. Ever. We just rearranged the bedroom and alreadyshe's talking about moving stuff around in there. Can't we just try toenjoy the set up we have? For a little while? please?:rolleyes:

Oooo....pretty lights.....
*thunks face into side of case*
ow.

That is a friends harddrive thingy she did.

The only book obsession I haveis collecting expensive college textboooks. :?

My main obsession is collecting non-easter rabbit stuff! I've got lotsof bunnie figures along with candy dishes, stuffed animals including 3ft standing rabbits,towels, wobble heads, kitchen timer,cookie jar. Oh yes and even a bunnythat you stick a hot orcoldpack in it'stummy. However, all the kitchenmaterials I haveresulting in rabbitswon'tdome a bit of goodbecause of my other obsession.

I buy household items that are on sale for myonedayhouse/apartment. I just about havemywhole kitchen except for pots andpans.Thekey thing is all my collections have toresolve around one theme, John Deere. That'sright! I'm gonnahave aJohn Deere kitchen. Eventually I'll start getting theactual items that will make it a John Deere kitchen but for now justhave a wood calendar and dish set.:D

But my collection of 'moving out stuff' expands all through out ourhouse but mainly in my huge walkin clothest that contains my recliner,microwave stand, all my dishes and 3 rubbermaids full of kitchenuntinsels. Mynext room to collect will be the bathroom whichI'm currently on holding off on. It's a debate between rubberduckiesandfish. ;)

Jade i have to ask: Where'd you get that Homesweet Home box? I have the same one from when i got my bunny at a petstore. Is that from a pet store too? What state? Haha i noticed itright away when i saw your pics.

HEHE! I have had that box for a year now.I got it in Jan 06 when I got my Connor.

I would have to say my obsession is buying cute bowls, placemats, rugs, ect for the boy's bunny room.

I will be SO sad the day they have to leave their lovely bedroom andprobably have to live in a NIC cage (I do like them!) when my fianceand I get an apartment in two years to go to college two hours away.

I like the NIC cages, but I just love their bunny room so much!

- Amy

I have another....

100_6465.jpg

100_6485.jpg

100_6479.jpg

100_6478.jpg

100_6477.jpg

100_6476.jpg

100_6475.jpg

100_6474.jpg

100_6473.jpg

100_6472.jpg

100_6471.jpg

100_6470.jpg

100_6469.jpg

100_6468.jpg

100_6467.jpg

100_6466.jpg

100_6464.jpg

100_6463.jpg

100_6462.jpg

100_6461.jpg

100_6460.jpg

100_6459.jpg

Plus ton of clothes.

I am a self confessed shoeaholic, i read a lot of books too but tend to read it and pass them on so my house isn't too full

Also Dragons and bunny stuff

Oh and i have a huge collection of Eeyores he is so sad and cute!!!

I confess: I am a pack rat. I havestuff crammed into every possible nook and cranny imaginable. Junk issomethng you throw out three weeks before you need it. A fewof my obsessions are as follows:

-Animal almost anything (Any and all types of animals)
-Vampire (books, movies, etc etc. Mom says it is morbid, but I just think it is kool!)
-Art supplies, as well as art
-dream catchers
-Books at all (You leave it laying, It will be gone...to my book shelve)
-Arcitecture and interior design (So much fun!)

I have so many more. I just can't continue ignoring my work right now. It is a shame. Back to work...Blah. RaE

Medievil dragons and wizards. That is all thatsin my china cabinet, well except for wedding stuff in a small corner.The dragons are also invading the rest of my house.

Hehe Haley I was sooooo obsessed with Buffy fora long time. I had a website called Buffy Obsession. lol I evencollected anything that Sarah was on the cover of or in. My aim name isSlayerTep.

Heres a picture of mine and my boyfriends toons ingame, he's a elderjedi and i'm a medic. We met playing the game over 2yrs ago. I startedplaying in 0ct. 04 he started when the game launched in being of 2003so thats our biggest Obsession
l_93e3aa1be594a0f1cc5068abf104fee7.jpg

This is another picture of Mifo my toon from about a year ago with Vader
l_7bc21965663283d6f7621d2e44309312.jpg

and my fav screenshot of her
l_156426a6da72ce33c2c3118eb3cb553f.jpg

and my other is dolphins, and my computer lol they are next to each other mines the one with the smaller monitor.
100_5965.jpg

100_5962.jpg

100_5963.jpg

100_5964.jpg

Latest posts

Back