What's your obsession?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
The first three pictures are not even a quarterof the books I own. That isn't counting books that have been borrowedand never returned.

The rest our movies, tv series and what not. That isn't counting thevhs tapes I have or anime. And again movies that were borrowed andnever returned.

I can't borrow movies or books. I have to own them. I love to watch and read them again and again and again....

:mad:I no longer lend out my books or movies.:mad:

100_5477.jpg

100_5478.jpg

100_5479.jpg

100_5480.jpg

100_5481.jpg

100_5482.jpg

100_5483.jpg

100_5484.jpg

100_5485.jpg

100_5486.jpg

100_5488.jpg

100_5489.jpg

100_5490.jpg

100_5491.jpg

100_5492.jpg

Looks like I'll have to take pictures of our game collection!:D

I think we have nearly as many books as you, but most are in boxes andI don't feel like pulling them out. My hubby used to alwaysbuy, not borrow. I'm a library gal, unless it's something Ireally want to reread.

Heh. That is the big ones for me...

I swear I wont mention the several thousand dollars in comics. Or my50somthing china dolls. Or my stuffed animals. Orour gamingstuff or cds. Or computer games. :bagheadOr the hundreds ofother things I have stored.

Well, the count for just board and card games here is over 150!:shock:

Considering the price, especially since some of those were $50+ each,that's a lot of money. Then add in the roleplaying games, tenzillion expansions, D&D collectible minis, and more dice thanyou can shake a stick at...

Our basement rec room is called "The Game Cave." But theboard and card games don't fit in it. They take up a goodchunk of the rest of the basement.:embarrassed:

I think all of our board and card games are listed on Board GameGeek. My username there is also Naturestee. Thislets our friends look at what we have and make requests before we comeover!:D
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/

Very cool. My husbands D&D stuffoverwhelms me. Also has some metal mini model things you put togetherand paint. Can't remember the name.

i have a lot of books. . .so does the girl i amgoing to move out with. . .we were talking about them the other day asshe was packing them up and was like "i am only keeping the books thati really really like. . .and i am at 150 and still counting. . ."

that is scary as i well know i have around 1 or 2 hundred books movingout with me. i am also a buyer. . .i do the terrible thing of breakingthe binding on a book (when you butterfly them to the point you feel acrunch) and so i buy my own as i don't want to destroy other people'sbooks. . .and i never lend my books out (or dvds for that matter) as idon't want them lost, or ripped (if they are going to get damage, it isgoing to be mine)

i see nora roberts books! i just had to say that i read the jewels ofthe sun book last week for like the 5th time and love that trilogy. ..i am just finishing up the born in set and love that too. . .i havearound 30 nora roberts books (at least) including her writing underj.d. robb. . .

i won't even start under cds. . .my mom and i put our collectiontogether (we burn all of our cd's and don't use the real copies as thatway you don't scratch them) and we have well over 1500 cds. . .and thatis the min. that we have. . .

as far as dvd's, i don't have to many, but my collection is priceless.. .i am a tim burton freak and besides 2 or 3 movies (including jamesand giant peach. . .i am yet to get that) i think i have all of hisstuff. . . i have pins, lunch box, diary's, shirts, i have TONS of timburton stuff. . .i was a fan of tim burton up here before it becamegrossly popular by today's culture. . .i was the freak kid at thetender age of 10 watching only tim burton films. . .

other then that my downfalls include yarn. . . i love the stuff. . .andfabric. . .i have yards of quilting fabric (including 3 different 1/2done quilts i need to finish), glitter. . . i think i would sparkle theworld over a few times with the amount of glitter i own. . .

i am a pack rat, i can't toss stuff out. . .it is terrible. . .i ampacking right now to move in less then 10 days and i am pulling my hairout thinking that i won't be able to keep everything i own!!!

katt wrote:
Isee nora roberts books! i just had to say that iread the jewels of the sun book last week for like the 5th time andlove that trilogy. . .i am just finishing up the born in set and lovethat too. . .i have around 30 nora roberts books (at least) includingher writing under j.d. robb. . .

Oh my I have almost all of her books. The Circle Trilogy justrocks. Haven't picked up J.D. Robb yet. Want to get as muchof the Nora Roberts titles first. Also complete a few other seriesfirst.

Edit: I am going to take pictures of just her books. Also my mom is going to give me money to pick up s few..

Jade, mine is books and movies too...though Idon't even come close to the amount that you have! I don't collect allmovies, but if I see one that I really like, I have to own acopy...same with a book. I'm one of those people who can watch a goodmovie over and over again, so I like to have a copy of my own to haveon hand in case the mood ever strikes to watch it again.

Unfortunately I live in a really small house - it was split in two andis designated as a duplex, so my living space is even smaller than theapartment I used to rent. So I'm really cramped for space, which issort of forcing me to no longer be a packrat...:?Some day Iwant to own a HUGE house with tons of extra rooms, just so I can storethings...LOL

Katt, I'm also a Tim Burton fan! Iliked Edward Scissorhands, way back in the day, but what really got mehooked was Nightmare Before Christmas. I was maybe 12 and Itotally loved that movie and still do.:D

Although I don't own the stuff. I've got enoughgames. Although if I was going to get into collecting stuffother than my childhood model horses, it would be Cthulu stuff.

JadeIcing wrote:
katt wrote:
Iseenora roberts books! i just had to say that i read the jewels of the sunbook last week for like the 5th time and love that trilogy. . .i amjust finishing up the born in set and love that too. . .i have around30 nora roberts books (at least) including her writing under j.d. robb.. .

Oh my I have almost all of her books. The Circle Trilogy justrocks. Haven't picked up J.D. Robb yet. Want to get as muchof the Nora Roberts titles first. Also complete a few other seriesfirst.

Edit: I am going to take pictures of just her books. Also my mom is going to give me money to pick up s few..
her writing is awesome. . .i think my fav. book by her so far is danceapon the air. . . i love that trilogy all together, but i think i haveread that book more then any of my others (it is actually in 2 peicesnow. . .i have read it so much it is basically falling apart. . .)

i am not a huge fan of the J.D. Robb books. . .i much pefer her writingas nora roberts. . . but i have most of them packed in a boxsomewere.. .

. . .i am still looking for the irish rebel book (it is the 3rd. bookto irish heart trilogy. . .i have both irish thoroughbreed and irishrose. . .but can't locate a copy of irish rebel. . .)

. . .i am book crazy . . .

Although if I was going to get into collecting stuff other than my childhood model horses, it would be Cthulu stuff.
*ears perk up*

You collect childhood model horses, naturestee? I forgot about that...Iwas collecting them too for a while, but (again) my house is so smallthat I just had no place for them. I did manage to buy a few 'Best ofthe West' models off ebay, as well as some Breyer. Right now I have twoThunderbolts (the original one andasorrel one...notsure if he had another name), Thundercolt, and two of Pancho (in thetwo colors). Still want to get Flame and asorrel Thundercolt.The only one I owned as a kid was Commanche (the one with poseableparts). Every Christmas I asked for the BOTW horses, but Commanche wasthe only one I ever got...and he was given to me by my grandmother whohad no idea I wanted him! LOL...she saw him in a store and picked himup.Sadly,the poor boyhad to be put downafter my little sister sat on him and broke his leg. I tried to savehim, but duct tape and bathroom sealant just didn't do it, and he losthis fight. :(Let me tell ya, after that incident I sooowanted to trade my sister in for something else...like say, a realhorse...

I don't have many Breyers, just a couple of the traditionals and a fewof the classics (some of the Black Beauty series, a Man o' War, and myprized one...Big Ben). Would love to collect more of them too!

do you. . .i am going to get it. . .i just found a used copy on amazon for only $.01

that is how i am buying my books right now, as i can't afford to go buynew :(. . .i can get like 5 books used for the price of 1 new book. . .

i did see that they made them into movies. . .i watched the montana skymovie as wasn't to thrilled. . .i liked the book much better. . .

My obsession is taking pictures. I have around7000 of the rabbits, and before I got the camera I have now I tookapprox 10,000 pictures of various things. Needless to say, it's gettingvery hard to find anything in my pictures folder on the computer!

I am also obsessed with prehistoric life, from when it first began to when the dinosaurs died out.

Bassetluv, I think I have over 100 Breyerhorses, plus a few others, sitting in boxes in my parents'house. Some of them are new-in-box, and when Ebay first cameout I was buying some stuff off of there, like a classic woodgrainfighting stallion.

I really should bring them here and display at least some of them, butI have no idea where I'd put them. My house is really small,and I don't see the point of moving them from my old, mostly unusedbedroom in my parents' house to my overcrowded basement.

They're so pretty, but I'm trying to stay away from collecting thingsthat sit around and gather dust. It's a family obsession ofall females from my mom's mother's family. We all collecttrinkets and we all love cats. :craziness

We used to have around 2500 books, but mom gavethem to the liberary so now we only have around 200. It freedup a LOT of space, lol. (actually, my bedroom used to be theliberary, so I am glad we cut down on the books so now I have my ownroom.)
We have quite a few vhs movies, but I think mom is trying to get rid of those too.
I guess my obessions is probably art stuff. I have dawers fulof diferent kinds of pencils, and two dawers full of diferent types ofpaper. Then of course I have clay and the stuff that goeswith that.

Tim Burton and I share the same birthday.

naturestee wrote:
Katt, I'm also a TimBurton fan! I liked Edward Scissorhands, way back in the day,but what really got me hooked was Nightmare Before Christmas.I was maybe 12 and I totally loved that movie and still do.:D

Although I don't own the stuff. I've got enoughgames. Although if I was going to get into collecting stuffother than my childhood model horses, it would be Cthulu stuff.

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Tim Burton and I share the same birthday.

naturestee wrote:
Katt, I'm also a TimBurton fan! I liked Edward Scissorhands, way back in the day,but what really got me hooked was Nightmare Before Christmas.I was maybe 12 and I totally loved that movie and still do.:D

lucky. . .

my friend is rather into goth and dark stuff. . .she shares herbirthday with edgar allen poe and somehow thinks that gives her apersonally connection with the man that wrote all those twistedstories. . . a little weird if you ask me. . .but i think it would becool to share my birthday with such a famous author. . .

Jesse also has to have books. But they havet obe good book and I nver borrow books. I have to have record ofeverything I read. MY friend tried to lend me books once and I said ''Ican't''
''why?"
"Because.."
"Wellthen just keep it."
I ended up with Choke and Dark Rivers of the HEart. Both great books.

I also love to draw and paint, so i'm addicted to fine art supplies.None of that doller store watercolor stuff, but like *wnk* NICE artstuff.

And live freshwater fish. Particularly oscars. OH how I love my oscars.I jsut got my first long-tailed Oscar a few weeks ago. His name isTurdy. (yes...don't ask, well you can if you want)

I'm addicted to painting ceramics, too.

Also since I got my digital camera I just have a crapload of pictureson my computer now and my computer is always like '' JESSE! OMG OMG lowdisc space!'' And i'm all like
"You shut yo' mouth!"

Yar! I'm in ''dark goth stuff'. I wasconsidered ''goth'' by pretty much everybody but to me I was just aJesse. I don't understand how wearing black + a flanel jacket ALL thetime made you goth, I often called myself ''gothick''. bwuahahaa.

omg I love flanels. I guess I can't have enough flanels. I'm wearongone now. There's a bunch of tiny fuzzy holes on the left sleeve fromwhere mum decided to hang up my jacket behind my rabbit pen and Integragrabbed hold of it and was like '' I....think i'm goign to chew this.''

katt wrote:
JAKRabbitry wrote:
Tim Burton and I share the samebirthday.

naturestee wrote:

lucky. . .

my friend is rather into goth and dark stuff. . .she shares herbirthday with edgar allen poe and somehow thinks that gives her apersonally connection with the man that wrote all those twistedstories. . . a little weird if you ask me. . .but i think it would becool to share my birthday with such a famous author. . .

Latest posts

Back