What's your obsession?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mouse_chalk wrote:
Ok, this is going to make me sound VERY shallow, but I have developed an obsession with.....

Nail polish :embarrassed:

Jen, don't feel bad! I have recently developed an obsession with makeup, with a special place reserved for lip gloss!

I used to never wear makeup. I never really learned how to put it on. I always looked like a clown wearing makeup. When I got married just over a year ago, I went and bought myself some nice makeup because I didn't want to spend the money to have my face "done," but ended up spending more on product, plus it wasn't applied very well. LOL.

I recently started being very unhappy with how my skin was looking, wrinkles and dry patches and generally bad, so I pulled out some sample moisturizers I had, and actually started washing my face every day. Then I got some toner. And then I started thinking my skin was looking nicer so maybe I should use a little eyeliner, and hey I need a new mascara.......I'm on another forum that has a whole thread dedicated to makeup, and I started looking at photos of really nice eyeshadow and such, and HAD to have a limited edition eyeshadow palette....one thing led to another, and now I might as well own stock at Sephora. *sigh*

I'd also always shunned lip gloss. My lips tend to be dry and flaky, but I got a nice lip treatment so they're soft now. I tried one lip gloss on a whim, and it stayed on, made my lips look great, and left them feeling SOFT afterwards! (Lipstick dries them out.) I always thought gloss was for teens, but now I'm finding that the higher-end brands have really nice colors that are suitable for me, and feel good on. (I just purchased 3 tubes of the same color to have around. It's a limited edition color from MAC that turns out to look perfect on me- so I HAD to have backups, right?!)

I spent way too much money on the Urban Decay friends and family sale, and have a wish list going to place another order before the sale is over. I even read a blog with makeup reviews, swatches, and announcements, and have marked on my calendar when the summer limited MAC collection comes out because I totally want some of those colors.

:baghead

mouse_chalk wrote:
Ok, this is going to make me sound VERY shallow, but I have developed an obsession with.....

Nail polish :embarrassed:

Wow, must be a new faze. I just recently developed the same obsession! I refuse to pay to get my nails done at a salon so I just do it myself. Every week I'm changing colors. And I call my toes Happy Toes. I use 2 different colors on them. I also found a clear nail strengthener from Colombia. I swear by this product. It works wonders!

Beth~ if you don't mind me asking, which lip gloss from MAC are you using? I also have dry, sensitive lips. The other thing I must have with me at all times is my Burt's Bee Honey lip balm. I'm highly sensitive to anything with menthol, I have about2 in my purse and 1 in the house. I have a feeling you'll be visiting Sephora again soon, I just received my 15% off entire purchase from them today. Perfect timing!!

hln917 wrote:
Beth~ if you don't mind me asking, which lip gloss from MAC are you using? I also have dry, sensitive lips. The other thing I must have with me at all times is my Burt's Bee Honey lip balm. I'm highly sensitive to anything with menthol, I have about2 in my purse and 1 in the house. I have a feeling you'll be visiting Sephora again soon, I just received my 15% off entire purchase from them today. Perfect timing!!
Right now I am really loving the Liberty of London lipglass in "Frankly Fresh." It feels very creamy on my lips, and I love the color. Actually, another lipgloss I really like is the Mirror Mirror gloss from Too Faced (Sephora carries that one). It stays on a long time, and leaves my lips really soft afterwards.
I've been a lip balm addict for many years (I'm a Burt's Bees fan, too), but it seems like the balm soaks into my lips and then the outer layer slowly starts to dry out, unless I'm constantly re-applying. The gloss (especially the stickier, longer-lasting ones) sit on the outside of my lips and keep them from drying out. I put on balm about 10 minutes or so before the gloss.

In February, I randomly picked up an item from those "impulse buy" bins by the Sephora checkout, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. I didn't realize until I checked out how expensive it was, but decided to give it a try anyway. (I kept the box in case I decided to return it.) I only use it once a day, right before I go to sleep. It's super expensive for a lip balm, but I don't ever want to run out of it, it leaves my lips SO nice. (I used my 15% coupon to buy another one, though I'm not remotely close to finishing the first one!) I don't think it has menthol in it, and it smells like lemon meringue pie. My lips used to get very dry and flaky, and would peel something awful, and were always sore and awful looking in the winter. Since I started using this stuff, I have had no problems with them at all!

Umm..i'm embarrassed to say...

Makeup..high end makeup..and especially loud obnoxious crap cause its good for derby.

Nailpolish.

Purses..

any hair product by Big Sexy Hair..like Backcomb in a Bottle..

books.. I buy books more than I buy clothes..

DVD's.. my collection is at almost 1000 now..

Really, now that I think about it, I like costume stuff too.. basically I buy a bunch of stuff I don't need and make costume stuff I don't need too.. because let's face it, life is too full of sensible stuff that makes sense and has a purpose..

Time for nonsense!!

Rocks, rocks, and more rocks. They are throughoutmy house, in the car, the barn, on my porch and in my pockets. I drive my husband crazy with the rocks. I even shop for them on Ebay. I most recently bought a beautiful piece of Pyrite on ebay. Last night, I found a nice piece of Granite when I went for a walk. I especially love fossils and have an extensive collection of minerals.

pamnock wrote:
Rocks, rocks, and more rocks. They are throughoutmy house, in the car, the barn, on my porch and in my pockets. I drive my husband crazy with the rocks. I even shop for them on Ebay. I most recently bought a beautiful piece of Pyrite on ebay. Last night, I found a nice piece of Granite when I went for a walk. I especially love fossils and have an extensive collection of minerals.
probably best if you avoid visiting my part of the world then - lots of shops selling this type of thing, and our coastline is called the jurassic coast. im just down the road from lyme regis - fossil hunters heaven:bunnydance:

hartleybun wrote:
love fossils and have an extensive collection of minerals.
probably best if you avoid visiting my part of the world then - lots of shops selling this type of thing, and our coastline is called the jurassic coast. im just down the road from lyme regis - fossil hunters heaven:bunnydance:
That would be my dream destination! I love the Coade stone architecture and sculptures of the area also.

Brandy456 wrote:
Oh,
Headbands.
I can't wear them because I get headaches, but I have TONS

Wow, headbands give me headaches, too. I thought I was the only one! I have a couple hanging around somewhere, though. :/

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Umm..i'm embarrassed to say...

Makeup..high end makeup..and especially loud obnoxious crap cause its good for derby.

dont be embarrassed!! my daughter dances - your make up cant be any worse than their competition stuff:)

im also with you on purses, books, nailpolish and costume stuff:biggrin2:

hln917 wrote:
BethM wrote:
Brandy456 wrote:
Oh,
Headbands.
I can't wear them because I get headaches, but I have TONS

Wow, headbands give me headaches, too. I thought I was the only one! I have a couple hanging around somewhere, though. :/
Me three!:p
I think it's because they squeeze my head, and if it's the 'half' ones, it puts pressure behind my ear.
Their just, painful

This is an odd one... I collect bones. No, I don't kill stuff or eat stuff and keep the bones. But when I find bones, I clean them up, ID them, and box 'em up. I am really fascinated by skeletal anatomy, how it is similar and different from species to species. As a result I have probably hundreds of bones.

Mine would have to be nora roberts and even more so laurell k hamilton (anita Blake) they are supposed to be doing a movie on IFC and then after that i hate to admit it by Amercian idol along with my movies I collect the disney movies for my daughter wink wink

Aw, I used to love Anita Blake novels. I've found the last few disappointing though :( But I have the whole series up until... the last couple, which I read in-store and didn't opt to buy.

RandomWiktor wrote:
Aw, I used to love Anita Blake novels. I've found the last few disappointing though :( But I have the whole series up until... the last couple, which I read in-store and didn't opt to buy.

I was in the same boat a friend said they were picking up again I may get it just because I can't not complete things.

Latest posts

Back