What's your obsession?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I come from a family of packrats, so it's in my blood to have lots of "stuff." In the last few years, I've been trying to put myself on a path of a more clutter-free life. It's been difficult!

I used to have lots of books, cds, and dvds, but have sold many of them to make room. If I didn't read/watch/listen to it frequently, it went. All the music was backed up in 3 places. Books I can read again from the library, and movies I can rent from Netflix.

However, I do have a nice collection of Japanese bento boxes, as I went through about a year of being CRAZY about them. Boxes, and accessories. I rarely use any of them anymore, but they are displayed nicely in my kitchen. Most of the boxes have bunnies on them. ;)

I have also recently been collecting little non-Easter type bunny things, mostly ceramic figures. That collection isn't huge, as I'm super-picky, but it's growing. LOL!

my ovsession is the mentalist tv show. any thing to do with it!!

but, my opsession really is peacefulness so i search some out in the country or street. its a werid obsiosn:)
i used to have a billion books... but i also sold some and teh attic has some in there.

Well, Katherine Heigl, in short. I have all of her movies. ALL. Including the TV ones but don't ask me how I got them. ;) It was nearly impossible to get a few of them, but I got it worked out. Also have all of Grey's Anatomy, Roswell, and once she was in an episode of The Twighlight Zone. I have it too. That's the collection part of it, haha. The obsessed part goes WAY, way further, LMAO!! See the avatar. :p

I also am obsessed with... Um. Grey's Anatomy? Can that be a seperate obsession? I say yes. :p I have the calendars, some clothes, the board game, some books, the DVDs... Posters... Soundtracks... Yeah.

I also collect jewelry boxes from different places my dad goes (Iraq, Greece, Bosnia, Africa, Kuwait, Korea, Iran, Germany).

CHAPSTICK.

Also photography is a huge obesssion of mine. Huge huge huge. Maybe bigger than Grey's. 0.0

Books (fiction and biography)and Handbags.

Books are a long-standing obsession whilethe thing for handbags is amuch more recent development.

TV Show would be 'Smallville' which tells the imagined story of Superman's life as a young man.

Food: Chocolate

Jo x

I am a huge packrat, my mother can go through her room every year and throw away/give away things she hasn't used in awhile while I sit there cringing. Until I forced myself to clean out my closet, I still had all of my childhood toys when I was eighteen. Still had clothing I wore when I was in the fourth grade still in my drawers. I tend to just collect things, and when I run out of room, I stash more shelves/dressers in rooms to fit the extra stuff. It's horrible.

I have tons of books, games, stuffed animals, movies, I have a collection of random creepy cheap figurines that I found in dollar/cheap stores. You're lucky if you can get in my room some days. I always think somewhere in the back of my head that if I throw it away I'll need it. I don't know for what, I have a large glass corgi stuffed in my closet and can't imagine any possible use for it but there it is. A lot of my games are rarer Playstation 2 games that only had limited releases, so I'll never get rid of those. I have trading cards from when I was a kid too, Pokemon, Digimon, that sort of thing.

I can only imagine going through old storage in twenty years and finding all of this stuff and shaking my head and wondering what I was thinking. Then, naturally, placing it all neatly away and finding a good place so it can collect dust for a few more decades. Can't throw any of it out, after all. :p

I have to say that my obsession is Beanie Babies any bunny or bear related I own.

I also am Obsessed with my Polar Bears. I own a bed set - fitted sheet, flat sheet, 2 pillow cases and 1 large Polar Bear blanket that I love. I also have a smaller fleece polar bear blanket. I had lots of Polar Bear figurine's large and small. Just bought a Christmas ornament with a polar bear on it. I get a calender every year from my parents. My dad got a small bag that is a polar bear.
Last year my Twin Sis got me all Polar Bear stuff for Christmas.

I have even gone to see the Polar Bears in the Wild 3 times and hope to go next year.

hartleybun wrote:
jcl_24 wrote:
Books (fiction and biography)and Handbags.
forgot to mention handbags in my reply:p probably because im in denial about how many i have! how many are an obsession anyway:biggrin2:!
Maybe its the way you think about bags as well as the quantity? I have about 20 now (made a list of them), but I'm just getting started :whistling

Completely understand the desire to hoard everything but also know how good it can feel to get rid of "dead" stuff that may have been hanging around for a long time.

Jo x

My obsession... cats and rabbits. Ive always been a cat person, and am slowly collecting cat-themed things, very slowly but surely :). Jacob has jump-started my bunny obsession, and whatever I cannot find in a cat-theme I will get in a bunny theme. When I am done I will take plenty of pictures and it will be glorious, muahaha! I think it'll be awesome when its all done :)

dvd's... I have over 600 of them they are all in those movie cases(like notebooks) eah slo is labeled to what movie belongs in what slot.... its easier to keep up with my movies... I can tell which one is missing so I can go look for it... i do let my sister borrow them but if she doesn't bring home I go get them.... everyone thinks I am over protective of them ...

I'm totally obsessed with books and movies! We have about a thousand books, and at least 100 DVDs. I'm also into tote bags and writing implements/stationary products. I love new pens...I know...what a geek! We also have loads of games, with our biggest collection being Trivial Pursuit. We started playing the first one (Genus Edition) in the summer of 1984, when I was pregnant with our first baby. We've been hooked ever since! We also love Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Wow...pathetic when you consider how old we are!:p

BTW, great thread!

jcottonl02 wrote:
Me and my sister also have and have had since we were little, an obsession with collecting Beanie Babies. I think we have a couple of hundred altogether lol. We just loved them. We don't collect them any more though- we don't have enough room :D

Also- last thing haha me and my sister are totally obsessed with Lord of the Rings. Completely and utterly. It's just amazing.
Wow, you and your sister sound like my 2 girls...especially my youngest who has 53 beanie-babies and can recite the names of ALL of them.:shock:
All my children LOVE LoTR (well, I must admit, I've been hooked since I read the books and then saw the movies - now we have the dvd's).

My obsession is tea pots and tea sets (and pillows and scarves and gloves & hats)
....I don't collect them anymore though - I've given most of them away since I don't use them hardly at all (well, except for some very comfortable pillows).

I am obsessed with quilting, I send Sat. and Sun. in my sewing room and have been doing this for about 7 years and entered a contest or two
Ninasquiltfeb2009.jpg

tabletopperforJenniferValentine309.jpg

I forgot to mention, I also collect coffee mugs from zoos and aquariums I visit. Since I don't get to travel much, my collection isn't super huge. But when I go somewhere, I HAVE to stop at the gift shop and find a mug. Also, I'm very particular that the mug has to be "normal" size and shape, so no huge mugs or ones with flared out tops or animal-shaped handles. I get very distressed when I can't find one that fits, and sometimes I'll get the mug I like the least because it is the right size/shape.

I do use them, so on dreary mornings when I'm trying to wake up, I am reminded of the zoo or aquarium, which helps me remember the rest of the trip, too.
A few of them have handles that broke off and had to be glued, so I've considered not using them, but I like the memories!

my obsessions-
-books. it's a bit of a family thing, though, we have 6 book cases stuffed to the gills and i max out my library card(100 items, if you're wondering).
-all things jonas brothers. i buy the physical CD every time they have a new one come out even though all the other music i buy is mp3 format and i KNOW it's cheaper that way.
-animals. at 15 i'm finally starting to cool down, but from 8 on i was constantly researching some new kind of pet.
-little kids. i've been 'stealing' peoples babies and toddlers since i was 4! it took me forever, but i've finally figured out that whatever i do for a living should involve small children :D.
-my friends. my GFs and i are constantly in touch and when i'm at church with my best friend the whole world revolves around him and our other friends.

that's about it.......... :p

Ok, this is going to make me sound VERY shallow, but I have developed an obsession with.....

Nail polish :embarrassed:

It started when I got engaged last year and got a beatiful engagement ring, and I realised it didn't look so good on my bitten down, horrible looking nails. I made a strong resolve to grow them and keep them nice from then on, especially for the wedding. The only way I found to stop myself from biting them was to keep them nicely polished. It got a lot worse after the wedding somehow, and it's sort of taken over to new levels ever since. I have now gotten into 'designer' brands, and I buy myself as a treat one new one every month or so. I must have something in the region of 70 different bottles?! :shock: And not all different shades, either- I probably have at least 12 different shades of red, yet I'm always hunting for the 'perfect red' shade. I have my eye on 2 at the moment, even! I've even taken to reading nail polish blogs- if I see a colour I think I like online, I'll Google the brand and the name to find a blog where someone has painted their nails with the colour, and posted pictures, so you can see how it really looks, and how it applies, etc. It's incredibly sad of me I know!!

I try to keep re-painting to a minimum of a couple of times a week, but if I get a bad chip that I can't repair, I just have to take it all off and start again. It's almost to the stage where going out without nail polish on is just unthinkable, lol!!

I can't believe I've just admitted all of that to you all! :shock: I promise I read books, and watch films and stuff as well, just, nail polish is my thing! :)

Latest posts

Back