Weird Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YUCK! you eat yucky! LOL!

pinksalamander wrote:
Now the real question is, who is one of those evil, sadistic, vulgar BOVRIL eaters?

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny
*waves hand in the air* me! :p

Nutmeg on chips was the weirdest I ate I think, I don't recommend it.
My brother ate tomato ketchup on marshmallows when we went camping, ugh *pukes*

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Was that aimed at me? lol I normally cook normal food. I just like to have those items once in awhile lol Most of the time here, it's either Italian or Mexican food. I throw some Korean in there (my ONE recipe) or I just make it up as I go. Lots of marinated meats and boxed-pasta-side-dishes here! lol

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Lamb isn't as popular here in the states. It's eaten and available but not nearly as much as beef and pork and chicken.
Lamb is popular here, but in our area it would cost about £20 to get lamb suitable enough for 4 people.

kherrmann3 wrote:
I can't eat veal because it's tortured baby cow :(
I find alot of people around here eat it, and they make some very good points I guess (some hunter said to me "The veal is a by-product! It no been hurt long! Momma is hurt longer! Baby cow (he pronounced it "ciaouww!") put out of misery quick!" and strolled off :? I think he was Finnish by his accent) and to be honest (and no offence and all!) but I think its kinda weird people will eat a full grown cow, but not a baby since the reason the baby cow is killed BECAUSE that person eats a full grown cow. Its like a delicacy around here because its so expensive!

I don't eat veal, either. For me it's more an issue that many veal calves are cooped up for their entire short life. Lack of movement helps keep the meat fatty and tender. Whereas at least a full grown cow has had a chance to move around and be with a herd.
When I can get it, I will choose grass-fed beef over feedlot beef. Pastured cows get to roam and graze, which is more natural than hanging around a trough of corn all day. Also, corn makes them sick, so they get lots of antibiotics that grass-fed cows don't need.

Luv-bunniz wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
I can't eat veal because it's tortured baby cow :(
I find alot of people around here eat it, and they make some very good points I guess (some hunter said to me "The veal is a by-product! It no been hurt long! Momma is hurt longer! Baby cow (he pronounced it "ciaouww!") put out of misery quick!" and strolled off :? I think he was Finnish by his accent) and to be honest (and no offence and all!) but I think its kinda weird people will eat a full grown cow, but not a baby since the reason the baby cow is killed BECAUSE that person eats a full grown cow. Its like a delicacy around here because its so expensive!

Being from Wisconsin, I've seen my share of dairy/cow farms. All the veal calves are chained down for the most part. They at least have a chain collar and tether that prevents them from walking around. They can stand, take a step or two, and lay back down. It's so sad :(

Older cows at least get to walk around (in my happy little mind). I've seen dairy farms mostly, but the cattle got to go out to pasture. I know that's not how they treat meat cows, but I don't think about that.

I have a worse time dealing with pig slaughter. I try not to think about it. :(

I'm very picky about what meat I will eat.

Beef: steak, lean ground, roast, or brisket
Chicken/Turkey: skinless white meat only
Pork: bacon only
Fish: nothing with the head still on it

I just don't like any other cuts. I am finding it pretty easy to cut meat out of my diet, since I like most veggies and I love pasta, rice, beans. I always ate more of those than meat, anyway.
I don't think I will give up meat completely, since I can't find a good hot and sour soup without chicken, and I just love a good slow-cooked brisket in beer with garlic mashed potatoes. Yum.

I only get certain cuts of meat as well.

Beef = ground round, sirloin, rump roast, tenderloin
Pork = chops and bacon
Chicken = breasts (boneless/skinless) or ground occasionally
Fish = fillets, my dad fishes every weekend, so I can get whatever I want, pretty much
Lamb = nada

Will LOVES meat... That sounds wrong. But, I can't cut it out of his diet because his family ate so much meat... I only make enough meat for two servings. One cut should be about the size of my palm. Also, he eats yellow mustard on steaks :(

Oh, here's a weird food preference. I like to eat frozen pizza rolls. Doesn't sound odd? I like them fresh out of the freezer lol (No cooking!)

Growing up in northern Michigan we just didn't have access to anything "weird". The stores carried your basic meat and potatoes... and I mean basic! Chicken, beef and pork. If you wanted something different you hunted for deer or ducks. The grocery stores didn't even carry stuff like whole garlic, avacadoes, hot peppers, artichokes, etc. But, I do occasionally remember seing stuff like tongue, pickled herrings, etc. Anythingthe Germans or Scandanavians would eat around the holidays especially. Unfortunately, I must not be a good German or Scandanavian because I hate pickled herring and tongue.

My dad would make sandwiches with peanut butter, jelly or jam, cheese (yellow american processed stuff), saltine crackers and mayonaise on white bread and call it a "special". I actually eat these too occasionally when the mood strikes. I guess that's a bit weird. We also would cook white rice and add milk and sugar to it and have that for dinner sometimes. Yum.

I also love Indian, Chinese, Thai and almost anything but can't eat shelffish.
Oh, here's a weird food preference. I like to eat frozen pizza rolls. Doesn't sound odd? I like them fresh out of the freezer lol (No cooking!)
That reminds me of my husband - he will eat spaghetti-O's right out of the can - no cooking. Yuck! I can't even eat those canned spaghetti things cooked.

Hehe, I like cold Spaghetti-O's too!

Will is from Michigan, too. He was born in Flint, but raised around St. Clair Shores, Mount Clemens, Clinton Township, Fraser, etc.

We're driving there this month! -_- 8-hour car ride, here I come!

Frozen pizza rolls? I had then when I was teething to shut me up :p
I also like frozen Mars bars straight out of the freezer. :D

Will is from Michigan, too. He was born in Flint, but raised around St. Clair Shores, Mount Clemens, Clinton Township, Fraser, etc.

We're driving there this month! -_- 8-hour car ride, here I come!
My husband grew up in Mt. Clemens. And now we live near Flint and he works in Flint. We occasionally drive to Madison, WI to see his cousin and if you hit Chicago traffic right, it's 8 hours but if you hit it wrong - it could be 10! Yuck. I hope the weather is good for your drive.

I'll have to let him know that he's not the only one who eats cold spaghetti-O's too. Ewwwww!http://www. Now frozen Mars bars I can do!:biggrin2: Or frozen Twix bars too!

kherrmann3 wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Was that aimed at me? lol I normally cook normal food. I just like to have those items once in awhile lol Most of the time here, it's either Italian or Mexican food. I throw some Korean in there (my ONE recipe) or I just make it up as I go. Lots of marinated meats and boxed-pasta-side-dishes here! lol

Sorry.

YUCK! you eat yucky, sometimes!

;)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Pet_Bunny wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Stan, that dish in the way back of the first pic is scary... is that a fish face I see?
Yes... I thought about you when I was taking the picture, thats why I put the fish in the back of the shot. :D

:shock:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I'm not good on things like..... fish face! :faint:

That reminded me of a video I saw once... I have never thought sushi sounded appetizing, but after I saw this video ( I think it was on Country Fried?) I WILL NEVER touch the stuff. The video was of this group of college age friends eating at an authentic Chinese? Japanese? restaraunt. One girl ordered some sushi dish. When it came, she kept talking for a moment--and then jumped away from the table screaming! She had looked down just before she stuck her fork in the fish--and saw that it was still breathing!! It even flopped a couple of times after that! Noo sir, me no eat anything that is still breathing.

Oh, and my weiredst meal story: I once ate sausage pizza, sweet pickles, ( the little tiny midget ones) and eggnog to drink. That was while I was pregnant though, does it still count? :p

Oh, and my weiredst meal story: I once ate sausage pizza, sweet pickles, ( the little tiny midget ones) and eggnog to drink. That was while I was pregnant though, does it still count? :p
Oh my. What a combo that is! :biggrin2: I don't recall having any weird pregnancy cravings but I do remember eating ALOT of eggs. One week I ate 13 eggs in a 4 day period.

kirst3buns wrote:
Oh my. What a combo that is! :biggrin2: I don't recall having any weird pregnancy cravings but I do remember eating ALOT of eggs. One week I ate 13 eggs in a 4 day period.
I didn't have a lot of cravings with my youngest, but when I was pregnant with my twins...! That's when I had the pizza, pickles and eggnog. ONe of my standbys was chocolate milk and watermelon. And since this wasabout February/March, it drove Hubby crazy trying to find watermelon in the stores! LOL

That reminded me of a video I saw once... I have never thought sushi sounded appetizing, but after I saw this video ( I think it was on Country Fried?) I WILL NEVER touch the stuff. The video was of this group of college age friends eating at an authentic Chinese? Japanese? restaraunt. One girl ordered some sushi dish. When it came, she kept talking for a moment--and then jumped away from the table screaming! She had looked down just before she stuck her fork in the fish--and saw that it was still breathing!! It even flopped a couple of times after that! Noo sir, me no eat anything that is still breathing.

That had to have been someone playing a practical joke. I've never seen live sushi. I looooove sushi! One of my favorite things to eat. In fact, we're going out tomorrow night for some.

I've never ever tried sushi, but it's top of my list of things I want to try! I figure if I'm going to eat it, I want to do it properly to give myself the best chance of liking it lol :) So I still wait for my perfect sushi oppurunity!

As a complete side note, my best friend has a phobia of marshmallows lol. Like, completely terrified! We went camping once, and me and our other friend toasted marshmallows on the fire, and she had to stand far away. The next morning, I thought it would a great idea to chase her with them LOL!! She hid in my car, and I tried to get in through the boot (which was already open), but got stuck on the parcel shelf. There is actually a picture of me stuck on the parcel shelf of my car, brandishing a bag of marshmallows! My boot never worked the same after that lol.... Anyway, her birthday was yesterday, and she rang me up 2 nights before to say she had opened up a present early and it turned out to be a chocolate fondue set, with.... you've guessed it.... a HUGE bag of marshmallows!! She made her boyfriend finish unwrapping them and throw them in the bin lol. I was hysterical when she told me!

And I know I'm rambling now, but another story... Me and some of my mates went to Alton Towers, which is a big theme park over here. Me and my mallow-phobic friend got on the pirate ship ride, with our 2 other friends watching. It was so surreal and random that there happened to be a bag of marshmallows strewn ALL OVER the ride!! They were on the floor, on the seats next to us, EVERYWHERE. My poor friend was clinging onto me in fear, whilst all I could do was shout 'THERE ARE MARSHMALLOWS ON THE RIDE!!!!' to our friends lol. The funnies thing was that afterwards, she called her boyfriend of the time to tell him of the 'traumas' that she'd been through, and his response was 'OMG! Are you ok??' That was me, completely hysterical for the rest of the day!!!

Sorry for all that..... But it just cracks me up whenever I think of it lol! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back