Weird Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eww I just looked it up and it looks rather gross, and people are saying its foul lol I think i'll just stick to good old sanatarium marmite thanks hehe.

Its gross. Its just weird. I remember once I went for a sleepover at this girl from schools house. Her family were all really weird and annoying, and I was a bit nervous about being around them. Then in the morning they offered me BOVRIL ON TOAST! What were they thinking? All I'm telling you is that I ran.... :p

Also, another weird food, my dinner tonight (I wasn't very hungry) was a huge bowl of custard. Mmm. Feel a bit sick now....

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I'm gonna have toasted english muffins with ham and honey and mustard! Yum!

Bovril does sound gross, I remember singing a song about it when I was a kid, not sure where I got it from though, hmm. Billy-somebody, Scottish sounding guy got the word stuck in my head and I think Ii substituted the "wellies" for "bovril" in the "if you did-nay have ur wellies, where wuld ye be?" thing he sings.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Are you Indian Beth?

I've not tried Indian food but I know that Goat is popular. When I went to Lexi's friend's house once they were cooking *something* and it didn't smell too great LOL!

I'm a VERY picky eater....
Indian food is sooooooo good! My dad makes the best curries ever. EVER! It was a long-time tradition that on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve we would always sit down as a family to a nice homemade curry lol, although my dad makes them all the time. My dad's not Indian at all by the way, he just loves curry that much! Never cooked goat though.... Normally, chicken, beef or prawns...

I make curry at home myself as well, or there are probably hundreds of Indian restaurants around Bristol! Steve doesn't like it at all though :X He is the most fussy eater you will ever meet....

Steve and I are probably BOTH really picky alike LOL!

I don't even know what a curry is! LOL!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Steve and I are probably BOTH really picky alike LOL!

I don't even know what a curry is! LOL!
Wiki definition!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry

:D

Steve, honestly wont eat chicken, fish, lamb, pork unless it's sausages, turkey, etc etc. He'll eat beef and that's pretty much it. He doesn't like lettuce, peppers, stir-fries, curry, rice, stew, he's allergic to mushrooms, mayonnaise and eggs in large quantities..... If I put 'too much' pepper in something he just leaves it, he wont eat anything even vaguely spicy, no chinese food, he says now that he doesn't like roast dinners, or spaghetti bolognase!!!!:X I could go on but the list is endless!! It's my one doubt about him being 'The One' lol..... I dont want my kids to end up that fussy! :p :banghead

:shock:

Not know what curry is?

That's depressing. It's only the most yummy thing ever :p.

Mathew has food phobias so wont eat pretty much anything, but funnily enough the things he does like are all junk food. He wont touch any meat unless it's bacon or it's on a pizza, wont eat fruit or vegies cooked or raw, pretty much just eats bread and it's really annoying when we go out.

Hmm, I might like SOME curry but not much. I like spicy but not like when it makes your teeth sweat.

I won't eat game meat like deer, stuff like that. I also won't eat lamb or goat or duck or.........

NZminilops wrote
I like making sandwiches with bacon and honey, fried eggs with sweet chilli sauce and white rice on them.

So you make sandwiches with bacon, honey, egg, chili sauce and rice on them, or did I read that wrong?

I tried Vegemite once, I'd like to try it again because somehow as I was swallowing the bread it was on, I inhaled a crumb and spent the next 5 minutes bright red and sounding like I was coughing up a lung. My overall impression of the experience was "oh god I'm choking", but BEFORE that, I remember thinking the Vegemite wasn't bad at all. Hopefully I didn't offend the Australians who offered me the taste too much :(

I probably eat a lot of weird things together. I love peas and will sometimes have a big bowl of peas for dinner, or peas and rice with salt and pepper. I also on occasion eat Spaghettios cold, straight from the can. Once when we were at Busch Gardens (an amusement park in Virginia), I selected a gigantic pickle and a huge piece of chocolate cake from the restaurant to have for dinner. Got a lot of weird looks and people asking if I was pregnant!

Curry doesn't have to mean meat, you can stick curry powder or paste into lots of stuff just to oomph the flavour or colour a bit. It does stain clothes though so if you are a messy eater like me I don't reccomend it. I don't eat meat but I make use of curry powder in soups and rice dishes.

NZminilops wrote:
Curry doesn't have to mean meat, you can stick curry powder or paste into lots of stuff just to oomph the flavour or colour a bit. It does stain clothes though so if you are a messy eater like me I don't reccomend it. I don't eat meat but I make use of curry powder in soups and rice dishes.
I nearly never use curry powder.... I always use fresh spices :D My fridge usually has fresh ginger and chillis in it.... my cupboard has turmeric, ground coriander, cumin, chilli powder, garam masala.... plus loads more that I can't think of right now....

Pennie I will find you a nice mild curry recipe that won't 'make your teeth sweat' lol!! :p

Edit:

Ok, this isn't really a 'proper' curry, I guess, but I love this recipe, and I make it a lot. It's not Indian lol... but it's not too spicy and it's soooo nice!

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/600495

I was Just meaning it might be easier for Pennie to find powder in the stores.

Aren't you little miss can do everything?! :grumpy:

*storms off in a jealous fit*

NZminilops wrote:
I was Just meaning it might be easier for Pennie to find powder in the stores.

Aren't you little miss can do everything?! :grumpy:

*storms off in a jealous fit*
Aww I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to offend!:? I was just saying what I use..... Not that using curry powder is bad at all.... I've never used it, because I guess it's just really easy to find fresh ingredients round here, in a faily big multicultural city, and tbh whenever I try to take shortcuts in the kitchen, I always seem to mess it up somehow so I just stick to the recipe books lol!

*Edit: faily? I think I made up a word there.... I meant fairly!

Haha I know, sorry, just teasing :p. You're really capable and I am useless so I admire your skills ;).

I did try and make my own green curry paste once but I got some of the ingrediants up my nose and it was rather painful so I haven't tried since!

Curry powder is an English thing so probably never would taste as good as proper Indian curry stuff or home-made.

Ladies, ladies, don't get your undies in a twist! Pennie, here's a recipe I like for potato curry:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Potato-Curry/Detail.aspx

It would be very easy for a beginner. I think you need to at least double all the spices (except possibly the cayenne, which you may actually want to use less of and add more as necessary) and add some water or broth. If you look in the reviews, you will find my review! What is supposed to be a picture of me is a picture of Tallulah, so it should be easy to find :)

I think I'm going to have to make this recipe next week! I'm making Pad Thai tonight.

Hehe, I was kidding too :biggrin2: Jen IM'd me all worried that she'd offended you and I told her that you were just joking around!

NZminilops wrote:
Haha I know, sorry, just teasing :p. You're really capable and I am useless so I admire your skills ;).

I did try and make my own green curry paste once but I got some of the ingrediants up my nose and it was rather painful so I haven't tried since!

Curry powder is an English thing so probably never would taste as good as proper Indian curry stuff or home-made.
Phew! I was worried there that I'd really upset you! :? My heart can't take that worry lol.... I hate even the thought of upsetting anyone, I'm sorry!

Did you use green chilli in the curry past recipe? It BURNS when it gets on your skin... I've had it up my nose too lol... not pleasant! For chilli burns, fresh lemon works a treat, and rub your hands with olive oil then rinse and it removes all of the lingering chilli 'burn stuff' :) I found it randomly on the internet once whilst my nose was burning.... Yes I put a slice of lemon on my nose lol :biggrin2:

Shiloh your potato curry recipe looks great! My dad has loads of lentil curry recipes.... I must admit I've never really fancied them enough to cook them myself but they are nice to eat! I might have to try that sometime... :)

Latest posts

Back