We have babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby buns are lots of fun, Belladonna has weaned her babies at 20 days completely, the babies still try but she is getting violent with them. So I have separated them, because she was leaving marks on them.

Tuesday I will upload more of the pictures I am taking daily, if anyone is still interested.

Um feel free to send that white one my way :)
Bullhead can't be that far from tempe..lol!!!

I def want to keep seeing photos!

LOL
Tempe is only a couple of hours away.

But The Siamese is miiiiiiine! hehe

The lil Black baby *has such tiny features, soooo cute* the Otter are available, The lil Fox MIGHT be... I am still tossing that one up.

Ok I will keep up with the pics and get them up on tuesday.

Are you still letting them nurse with mom?

20 days is extremely too young to be weaning them off. Mom will be nasty about it, but only because they are trying to eat all the time. She is most likely letting them get milk at one certain time of day. They are going to bug her, but that doesn't mean she has weaned them. ;)

Also, they shouldn't be even nibbling on lettuce or any greens at all. ;) Just pellets, hay and oats (that i see mixed in with pellets.)

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Are you still letting them nurse with mom?

20 days is extremely too young to be weaning them off. Mom will be nasty about it, but only because they are trying to eat all the time. She is most likely letting them get milk at one certain time of day. They are going to bug her, but that doesn't mean she has weaned them. ;)

Also, they shouldn't be even nibbling on lettuce or any greens at all. ;) Just pellets, hay and oats (that i see mixed in with pellets.)

Emily
They steal the greens from mom.

She was leaving wounds on them, so that's why they are separated, I have been putting them back together a couple times a day and she will let them nurse for about 1 minute and then she honks and runs off. then they go back to their Pellets, Yes I mix Oats in my buns food, they all get oats in the pellets every other day.

I'm not planning on letting them go until they are 2months or so.

Yes Amy I am sure you want the lil fox lol. I call her Foxy Orange Baby *she will actually bounce up to me from anywhere in the room with that name lol. Just Foxy and she will poke her head out and look at me, and just Orange Baby she make a lil honk sound. lol

Yamaya17 they are Dwarf Mixed. They had a Dwarf grand parent (unfortunatly these were from brother sister mating)

I am asking for an adoption fee of 25 for them, but they are coming with nearly a pound of their food, a large bit of hay, and lots of jingle balls and stuff that they are used to playing with to help make the transition smoother.

"Also, they shouldn't be even nibbling on lettuce or any greens at all. Just pellets, hay and oats (that i see mixed in with pellets.)"

I disagree completely. I have tried both ways and the babies seem healthier when they do have greens right off the bat. If mom eats it, they can eat it. My babies go in the grass with mom as soon as they start hopping. Each day the outside buns get a diffrent veg as well as little fruit treat, if there are babies eating solids they are allowed some as well. Dillan was started on veggies as soon as she came, 6 weeks, and has grown perfect. No stasis, nothing.

Everyone has their own ways of doing things, just like some people do not feed hay, some do not feed pellets, some do not feed veg/fruit. Just do what you feel is right :)

bunnybunbunb wrote:
"Also, they shouldn't be even nibbling on lettuce or any greens at all. Just pellets, hay and oats (that i see mixed in with pellets.)"

I disagree completely. I have tried both ways and the babies seem healthier when they do have greens right off the bat. If mom eats it, they can eat it. My babies go in the grass with mom as soon as they start hopping. Each day the outside buns get a diffrent veg as well as little fruit treat, if there are babies eating solids they are allowed some as well. Dillan was started on veggies as soon as she came, 6 weeks, and has grown perfect. No stasis, nothing.

Everyone has their own ways of doing things, just like some people do not feed hay, some do not feed pellets, some do not feed veg/fruit. Just do what you feel is right :)

Well I also figure babies in the wild eat veggies if they can get them, and momma buns wouldn't allow the babes to eat something that is bad.

But I don't give it to the babies, they just steal it from momma, and they only eat a tad bit.

Latest posts

Back