We have babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh sorry everyone, I will be posting all the pictures from the last to the most recent pictures taken (which I have been doing everyday) some days though are not individual as they do NOT like to hold still lol!!

They are starting to eat food now *they were a lil skinny for a couple of days as they weren't leaving the next to eat and I hadn't placed any in there, but they are now eating food and still partially nursing *whenever mum will let them* and I am trying to keep her greens away from them, but they are tracking down the greens and carrots.... (I put the greens in a dish up on the shelf and Belladonna knocks em down and the babies leave the box to munch them then back to the box >_<)*

If momma has been eating greens regularly, they should tolerate them fine. The babies get their intestinal bacteria from the mom, and if she's been eating veggies she's got the right bacteria to digest them, and she's passed them on to the babies. I'm not saying not to keep a close eye on the babies, but I wouldn't worry too much. This time of transition from milk to food can be tough on a baby's GI tract because the bacterial population isn't stable yet.

tonyshuman wrote:
If momma has been eating greens regularly, they should tolerate them fine. The babies get their intestinal bacteria from the mom, and if she's been eating veggies she's got the right bacteria to digest them, and she's passed them on to the babies. I'm not saying not to keep a close eye on the babies, but I wouldn't worry too much. This time of transition from milk to food can be tough on a baby's GI tract because the bacterial population isn't stable yet.

Ok thank you, that makes me worry a lil less. Yes she has had greens every day since before she was was pregnant, and everyday during, and everyday still since the babies were born.

She very rarely feeds them though so if they can't reach the pellets and greens then they start to become very skinny.....
They are also starting to drink water. ^__^

Awww so cute!

I do NOT feed juniors anything wet until they are no longer juniors, ie, six months old. I usually remove the doe to give her any treats, to be on the safe side, because we have definitely screwed that one up before.

I read this whole thread lol. One thing I caught that I just wanted to point out is that only female rabbits have nipples, some breeders sex at birth using this method andit is accurate. :D

Oops sorry, that was me.

I was told on here before both male and female rabbits have nipples so it isn't an accurate way for owners to sex rabbits, my bad :D

hehe, well trying to remove Belladonna is like trying to make a rabid tiger give gentle kisses lol

She does NOT want to be away from her babies, at least not out of the cage.

Well Erin's rabbits if that is true then all the babies are INDEED females. (I keep looking anyhow and sure enough they still all 4 look female to me.)

The nipples are realllly reallly hard to see at least for me, so I don't even attempt it, but I do know several breeders who use it with success!

Ah well, maybe if they are introduced it from an early age like this, it'll be fine. I just remember a five week old getting access to a little slice of bananna and losing it by the next day. She sound like an AWESOME momma rabbit, by the time the babies are out of the nestbox, my rabbits want nothing to do with thier kits

Hehe well I am used to sexing baby rats from newborns and double checking genders when the fur is in a bit to see nipples or no. so that is like 1/15th that of a bunny lol

Yeah the last couple of days these guys have been bouncing all over their cage it is adorable!! Last night they had a good romping on the couch *yes there are pictures being uploaded but I don't know If I can post them today...*

Belladonna is a good momma, she will tear ya limb from limb if you try to mess with her to get her out of the cage, and she is getting a bit grouchy about us taking the babies out everyday.. so she gets double the treats (greens) when we take them out to get pictures and what not.

Day 8

GEDC0311.jpg

GEDC0312.jpg

GEDC0318.jpg

GEDC0320.jpg

GEDC0321.jpg

Day 9

GEDC0323.jpg

GEDC0327.jpg

GEDC0334.jpg

GEDC0335.jpg

GEDC0343.jpg

Day 10

GEDC0417.jpg

GEDC0418.jpg

GEDC0420.jpg

GEDC0427.jpg

GEDC0438.jpg

GEDC0433.jpg

Day 11

GEDC0449.jpg

GEDC0450.jpg

GEDC0454.jpg

GEDC0463.jpg

GEDC0471.jpg

LOL In day 11's photos you can see one of my basset hounds watching over "her" kits lol She loves all the small animals I have here, and will lick them to death if not stopped lol, she mothers EVERYTHING and she is just barely a year old hehe.
I will post days 12-18 tomorrow.

lol... They look mean or they are mad.. look at those cute faces... The otter baby is adorable too.. But they are all cute as can be

mistyjr wrote:
lol... They look mean or they are mad.. look at those cute faces... The otter baby is adorable too.. But they are all cute as can be

ROFL!
They are MAD I woke them up, flashed the light in their eyes and then moved em about then back to the flashing light lol

They don't like that mean without the camera there.

Ok so Day 18 and 19 are on my camera still >_<
BUT here is day 17 and also their romp around the couch. ^_^

yes yes dirty litter box >_< Momma and babies use that the only to potty >_< so it is NASTY daily, and the dish is kinda empty but that is normal 2-3 times daily with 5 buns eating from it.
GEDC0636.jpg

GEDC0637.jpg

GEDC0638.jpg

GEDC0639.jpg

GEDC0641.jpg

GEDC0644.jpg

GEDC0645.jpg

GEDC0646.jpg

GEDC0647.jpg

GEDC0648.jpg

GEDC0649.jpg

GEDC0651.jpg