We have babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattiemattiesrattery

Reaction score
FOUR (4)
Healthy sweet babies born today, all have nice round bellies ^_^
Our vet and the x-ray said two, but I guess the lil two were hiding.

One of the blacks is SMALL but they all have monster bellies.

Nest covered
GEDC0002.jpg

uncovered
GEDC0004.jpg

GEDC0008.jpg

GEDC0009.jpg

Momma is doing great as well ^_^

Well Mom is a black Otter, and dad is a Fox (tort otter).

This was NOT a planned breeding, I have had my buns since 12/23/09 and my goddaughter's mum had mixed them before their spay and neutered days. *my males are fixed now though*

they are mixed buns.
dwarf mixed from what I was told.
The parents are brother and sister, and were sooooooo not supposed to ever have babies...
*My fault for allowing my friend around em I guess, I barely had them a week when she came around...*

The babies are a lil skinny today, but have round bellies, so I am not tooo worried about it. Luckily mum could careless that I look in her nest. ^_^ she just moves to another spot in the cage watches me a lil and then loves her treats she gets for letting me see her babies.
The Pinkish ones are already looking sooooooooooooooooo Much cuter then anything! *I just might not be able to part with them* One has a dark shaded saddle on them like a siamese rat, and some color on it's nose. And the other one is looking more like dad with some stripes of color. ^_^

I'll be taking daily pics but with my computer being in the shop, I will only be able to post em every few days. So be watchful for lil cuties!!

tomorrow I will have yesterday's pictures and today's pictures up.
I look in on them a couple of times a day and they squeal at me lol!
However they are having nice BIG round bellies.

Is there a way to tell male from female this young?
to me they all look female. with visible nipples and their genitals look female.

Boy and girl bunnies both have nipples and their bits will look the same, you got to check them like you would an adult bunny. I usually can't tell till they are 3 weeks cause their bits are so teeny lol! Some experienced breeders can

ahh ok, darn!

I am so impatient to know lol.
thanks ^_^

there is a REALLY REALLY PRETTY blue baby in the litter, it is a silver blueish color, but my camera won't pick up on it. :(
And another that is an orangey color ^_^ then the two blacks. They are growing by leaps and bounds!
*pictures to come VERY soon*

Ok and these are from Yesterday, I haven't gotten pics today though...
GEDC0036.jpg

GEDC0037.jpg

My Silver blue baby ( I wish the camera would pick it up)
GEDC0038.jpg

GEDC0039.jpg

My Big orange baby
GEDC0040.jpg

the runt at half the size of the others, but growing good
GEDC0041.jpg

GEDC0042.jpg

and the bigger black
GEDC0044.jpg

GEDC0047.jpg

Hopefully today's photos will show the blue...

Aren't they just so cute!
I am absolutely smitten with them!

Latest posts

Back