Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm so sorry, Dave...I just read this. Sweetie certainly was a well-loved and beautiful girl. I guess she was letting you know that her time was coming, when you said that she didn't seem herself. :( We lose them all too soon, yet they are in our hearts forever.

:rip: Sweetie :hearts:

It is hard to see her cage empty, I have had to stop myself from refilling her water bottle and food dish. Tonight when I was handing out treats I caught myself starting to grab one for her.

I know what you mean. For myself it was hard after Fritz, my cat, had to be euthanized last January. For a few weeks afterward whenever I'd be at the pet store to pick up food and treats for the rabbits and the dogs, I'd catch myself looking at cat toys and - just for a moment - thinking, "I should get this; Fritz would love it". And then realizing that he was gone.

(((HUGS))) for you and Karen, and all of your bunnies who will miss Sweetie's presence.

Thanks, Di. I powerwashed her cage and placed it in storage. I then moved the tub of litter in where her cage used to be. The rest of the herd likes the new arrangement, they have a new place to explore and hide from the evil vacuum cleaner.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to visit my son who is in the Air Force. The base was having a family day and we met him there. Afterwards we went back to his apartment to visit and see his puppy Rocky.

Rocky is a pitbull. Now pitbulls get a bum wrap because so many are trained to be aggressive and those are the ones everyone hears about. Rocky on the other hand is a super sweet loveable, scardy dog.

The first picture is after my son had taken him outside to do his business. Rocky was so excited to see us that he ran full speed across the apartment and plowed into me on the small couch.

Rocky13onDave9-10-11.jpg

Rocky12onDave9-10-11.jpg

Rocky10onwindowledge9-10-11200dpi.jpg

Rocky's favorite spot is on this big window ledge and look out the window. My son says Rocky rarely barks, unlike my dog Charlie who barks at just about everything, and will just sit up there and watch everything. My son is off on the right side of the pic.

Rocky29-10-11.jpg

My buddy Rocky and I.

You two make such a cute couple!

My son shared something on his facebook and since you're SO MUCH like Art - I knew you would enjoy it.

It seems like NASA has a new project planned....you can read more about it here. Well - actually its more like a picture....

:big wink:

Awwww lovely dog. I really hate that they get a bad rap. It's the people! Some people just ruin everything they touch. But I agree when trained right, they are great dogs. My mom had a chihuahua mix that was a little terror when he felt threaten.

TinysMom wrote:

My son shared something on his facebook and since you're SO MUCH like Art - I knew you would enjoy it.

It seems like NASA has a new project planned....you can read more about it here. Well - actually its more like a picture....

Thanks, I loved the picture too!

TinysMom wrote:

It seems like NASA has a new project planned....you can read more about it here.  Well - actually its more like a picture....

LOL!!

Great pictures! My chiropractor has a dog that looks just like that. She greets everyone that comes into the office and is super sweet as well. I think she has changed a lot of minds about pit bulls. Maggie was a rescue even :)

Rocky is so handsome! I agree pits do get a bad wrap. It's a handful of rotten owners that spoil it for the rest. Pitbulls that are treated and raised right are usually wonderful dogs. It's a common misconception that pitbulls instinctively want to attack people. They were bred to fight dogs, not people, they actually love people (unless they've been trained not to of course).

I'd love to have a pitbull but no one would visit me if i did. LOL

Just a quick update about our rescue bunny Hope. She is the one that was dumped in a subdivision this past July when it was so hot and humid.

Just these past few days she has been letting me give her a few pets when I open her cage to give her hay and food. After I had taken care of the buns last night I got her out of her cage, took a little effort, and she let me hold her and pet her for over an hour.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Sore throat...cough...fever...upset stomach. Honey, did you HAVE to share with me??
Why yes, honey, I had toshare my cold with you, isn't that what you do in a marriage? share;)

*(I came down sick over the weekend, she and my daughter came down sick last night. We work at the same company and don't have sick days so we have to go into workfeeling like icky)

Icky is just...well,..icky. It's that time of year, colds and flu and coughs and stuffiness, and just general all-over wanting to stay in bed. I hope everyone's starting to feel better, now that the weekend is just about here!

Rocky is beautiful! You can tell he has that wonderful full-faced pitbull grin. Unfortunately the breed does get an awful rap...here in Ontario the breed has been banned; you can only have a pitbull if you had it before the law came into effect. You can't bring pitbulls into the province for any length of time; you can't have a pitbull on a leash any longer than about 4 feet. If you leave the province with your pitbull and are gone for more than 3 months, you're not allowed to bring your dog back, ever. Not fair at all. I guess people can still get them from breeders within the province, though am not really clear on that rule. Last year when Cesar Millan came to town he had to leave his dog Junior behind because of the law (oh, and he had the sweetest tribute to Daddy during the show...the granddaddy of all loveable pitfalls). Some of the sweetest dogs out there are pits, in my opinion. :hearts:

LOL...the spell check thingy on this forum kept changing *pitbull* to *pitfall*...guess I missed fixing one of 'em in my post...:biggrin:

Wow its been quite a while since I posted.

It has been super crazy around here. The buns are doing great, I am very happy with the progress Hope has made. Karen's bun Louie is getting bigger and bigger, his coat is beautiful.

Ms. Jenny and Daisy Mae, e-lops, are both trying to claim the diva bun title. When I take care of the herd in the morning and evenings they each demand that I take care of them first.

I just passed out the herds nightly treat and tonight was blueberry craisins. Like usual they were all eager for their treat. I gave Pudge, mini-lop, hers and after she munched it, she did a dead bunny flop.

Well, the Chicago Bears are on tv and I need to yell at the tv.

I think the antibiotics have kicked this lung infection and I've been feeling much better. Even Wabbitmom is feeling better. In fact, I felt so good that I spent all Saturday cleaning the living room, dusting, vacuuming etc.

I got out Oreo and brought her into the living room last night to give pets to and she hopped out of my arms onto the couch and hopped over to Karen and snuggled with her and got lots of pets.

Miss Jenny has been in very good mood lately and has been doing all kinds of binkies and flops.

Thursday I was very tired from working all day and not feeling well again! I didn't clean cages until much later in the evening. By the time I got to cleaning them I wasn't able to give the bunny's their usual amount of out time.

Most of them took it well, except Mr. Handsome, he was not pleased at all. When I went it later to give them their treat before lights out, Handsome, would not take a blueberry craisin! Anytime one of the bunny's does not take a craisin its a sure sign they are ill.

He acted normal the next morning, and the craisin I put in his food was gone, I checked on him when I got home from work. When I put them to bed Friday night he took his craisin like normal. So I guess I am forgiven and I made sure tonight he got his normal out time while I cleaned cages.

I also noticed the other day, Daisy's (broken e-lop) right rear foot didn't look right. She was hoping on andoff her shelf ok so I wasn't too concerned. When she was out the last couple of days,she wouldn't hop in a way away from me so I could really see if anything was wrong.

Tonight I forgot I had left her cage open and she came hopping down the hallway. When I got up to guide her back to the bunny room and her house I could see her right rear foot when she hopped. It look like it was angled toward the left. She is not in any pain and she is getting around with no problem. She hasn't jumped off anything where she could have hurt herself. I have no idea when, where or how it might have happened. Daisy is in no pain and is her usual diva self.

There was a weird weather event today, something I don't ever remember seeing. Some thunderstorms moved through the area this afternoon. I looked out and it appeared to be hail, but it wasn't bouncing off the street like I have normally seen hail do.

While I was carrying clothes to the van, with the family being sick for so long laundry piled up, the hail fell on me but it was more like soft snowballs then the usual hard ice balls. For a lack of a better term, it hailed, for several minutes, but it was like getting pelted with hundred's of small snowballs.

Going to the laundry mat is always an interesting experience. We don't have to go often, but we usually end of having to do our catch up on laundry day a couple of times a year.

I was keeping track of which dryers had our clothes in them. It wasn't very busy and there were many dryers available but one woman decided to use the ones right next to the ones we were using. No problem to me, I was keeping track of which ones our clothes were in. My wife on the other hand was folding while I was putting clothes in the dryer.

She opened one dryer and started to fold clothes, now we were behind and some clothes we hadn't seen in a while. Karen hangs up a shirt, didn't look familiar to me, folded a brown t-shirt (I don't havebrown t-shirts)and handed it to me. I said dear this isn't our stuff, our clothes are in this dryer. I grabbed the clothes out of our piles and placed them back into the dryer.

I was content with I am glad that lady didn't see us. Karen has to go over to her and tell her what we did. I was rather embarrassed.:blushan:

Latest posts

Back