Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well going to bed hasn't worked. Just about to head off to the shower and in the corner of our living room right at the ceiling werehundred's of mosquito's! Weird, so that crisis has been take care of, no bug spray in the house, Hoover vac to the rescue.

I give my buns, dried cranberries, dried banana chips and yogurt drops.

Have you ever had one of those moments when you think of a project and decide to do it and it takes twice as long as you thought?

Well I had planned on doing this over the weekend but couldn't get to it. I had gotten it into my brain that Daisy needed a new cage. So I had two pans to work with and of course I chose the one that was no where near the dimensions of an NIC panel so one end is about an inch thick of wire. Didn't quite come out as planned. I may have to rework it this weekend with the other pan that fits closer to NIC panel squares. Just need to get more cable ties.

Daisy was being a stinker during this whole time too. She was jumpingand climbing on other cages, got in areas where she normally can't get to, but could with me building the new cage and it was pulled away from the wall. Miss Daisy has learned the phrase "get down" I must admit. She got down every time I told her.

After all being a e-lop, I think she was taking this opportunity to measure everything for future escapes. Well its late and I need to get ready for bed.

My son is majoring in computer network etc, he received dual credit in high school. So he got credits towards graduation and college credits. He also particpated in a statewide competition the Friday and Saturday before his party. Josh won a gold metal, 3 college scholarship offers and he is supposed to get some nice gift from Best Buy.

Very late WOO-HOO's!!! for your son!! :party:

Daisy was being a stinker during this whole time too. She was jumping and climbing on other cages, got in areas where she normally can't get to, but could with me building the new cage and it was pulled away from the wall. Miss Daisy has learned the phrase "get down" I must admit. She got down every time I told her.

LOL...Daisy's no fool...she saw her opportunity to wabbitize the place, and she took it!

(btw, Yofi has learned a phrase too...it's "YOFIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!")

Karen and Dave, have you ever taken a picture of all your rabbits together, in one shot? Is it possible? You'd probably both be like this :)pullhair:) at the end of the shoot, but what a great photo that would be! :biggrin:

We've thought about getting a family shot, but not all the buns get along.

Daisy didn't like the new litter box I bought. She kicked all the litter out of it, peed on the floor of her new cage etc. I let her out to put some carpet in her new cage so the diva footsies would not have to touch plastic. When I opened her cage she shot out and went straight for the litterboxI have out in the room.

So the light bulb went off in my head, low watt, I thought I should switch them. I did and the last I checked she must have approved. I also fixed her favorite toy. I had put a cat ball, with a bell, in the box the filter for the bunny vac came in. She loves to nudge it around. Miss Daisy chewed a hole in it and the ball came out. I found an old tupperware container and put the ball in that, placed it back in her cage and she was a happy camper again.

Miss Sweetie has really been outgoing the last couple of weeks, not normal for her. I hope this means she is pregnant!

Congratulations on your son's accomplishments!!! He is certainly choosing a great field to go into.

Enjoyingyour rabbit stories. Has Miss Daisy outgrown her old cage or did she just demand upgraded accommodations? :D

The litter box story is so timely. Today we just started switching our crew over to a new litter (horse stall bedding/pellets from carefresh). So I'm on the lookout for disapproving rabbit signals! I hope none of mine decide to show their dislike like Miss Daisy did.

Keeping our fingers crossed for Miss Sweetie. We will want lots of pictures.

It was time for upgraded accomodations. She was ok in her studio but I thinks she wanted more room to entertain guests.

I love the horse stall bedding, better then anything else I tried in the past.

This morning I stayed home from work, rarely miss work but I think I had the 24 hour bug. My daughter had it yesterday. Anyway, I finally felt well enough to get up and take care of the buns. Miss Daisy didn't make a mess, she liked the other litter box better. So switching them worked. Since I wasn't feeling good, I laid down on the floor with her and after exploring the room she came up and nudged me for some pets and settled down until my arm go tired. When I stopped she got up ran around me twice and nudge for more pets.

What can we say? He's a total Brainiac. :biggrin2: Or, another appropriate name would be, a techno-geek.

(Just a LITTLE bit of parental pride, there!;))

This past Thursday was my birthday. Karen was going to make me my favorite dinner beef and noodles. She sent me a text at work telling me she has been out of the house all day and wouldn't be able to make it. Karen said how about I take you out to dinner and make beef and noodles on Saturday. So after a millisecond to think about it I said ok.

Unfortunately my birthday also coincided on cage cleaning day. So we went out to dinner after I was done. She did make me home made chocolate cake with home made chocolate frosting.

Miss Sweetie has been acting so differently lately. If she is pregnant she will be due in a couple of days. Problem is she does not build a nest or pull fur until after the kits are born. If she is not pregnant she will be officially retired and forced to be spoiled, oh wait, she already is.

Next week I may be on the search for a light gray or black flemish doe.

Pudge's diet has been going well, she has lost a little weight and my once again be showable. Rudy is looking good also, I just cut back on their food ever so slightly and it has taken time but the results are showing.

Mr Titan is as good as ever. When he is out, while I clean cages, he will come up next to me and turn into a bunny puddle when I pet him.

Miss Velvet is doing good, I think she still misses Lil Blue. She has never been the same since Lil Blue had to be put to sleep.

Skippery and Nibbles are still enjoying their new cage and Skippery is still "borrowing" nibbles hay tube and toys.

MooMoo had chewed her hidy box to the point of collapse. I replaced it with another cardboard box with no bottom. I guess she wanted more privacy when she went potty. She moved her new hidy box to the end where she goes potty. Moo Moo will then move the box to the other end so she can eat and drink from the inside of it. What a bun, she is a character for sure.

Friday night I picked up a couch for the basement from a friend at work. It is in really nice shape and the one in the basement has seen better days. Karen had me convinced that my friend said is was a sleeper sofa. After a long day at work I was not thrilled at having tomove such a hefty piece of furniture. So my I borrowed a truck from work, my nephew offered to help me with it and went to the town where my friend lives and got the couch. I was so relieved when I picked the couch up and it was so LIGHT! and discovered it was not a heavy sleeper sofa. That made the rest of the evening so much better.

Yesterday was quite a day, I was the only one up for quite awhile. Karen stayed up to 4am and my daughter was at friends house. So I got some laundry done, cleaned up the kitchen, picked up the living room before Karen finally got up. Ran a bunch of errands, two trips to the feed store because I picked up the wrong size and variety of dog food. So trip back exchange and come back home. I lugged 30 pounds of dog food around, 50 pounds of rabbit food and rabbit litter.

Mowed the yard, just before it rained, planted a rhubarb plant and cleaned rabbit cages. I need to go back to work to rest up. During this busy day I hurt my back.

I really don't remember doing so much for another one of my rabbits as I do for Miss Daisy. E-lops are very inquisitive and full of energy. I made her a new cage and its bigger then she had before, but I knew she needed just a little more space. So this afternoon, I managed to come up with the NIC panels I needed and built her a shelf.

Bassetluv love recently told me that the "e" in e-lop stands for engineer. Daisy over saw the contruction, inspected my building materials, examined the color of the carpet and the installation of the shelf. Once it was installed she had to inspect the underside, inspect that the cable ties were properly secured to the frame and that it would support her dainty figure.

Once this was all complete she hopped onto it and gave me a look that said "this if fine, when are you going to add the 2 and third story". I had to tell my furry master that would have to wait for a while.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Bassetluv love recently told me that the "e" in e-lop stands for engineer. Daisy over saw the contruction, inspected my building materials, examined the color of the carpet and the installation of the shelf. Once it was installed she had to inspect the underside, inspect that the cable ties were properly secured to the frame and that it would support her dainty figure.

Once this was all complete she hopped onto it and gave me a look that said "this if fine, when are you going to add the 2 and third story". I had to tell my furry master that would have to wait for a while.

LOL!! Well get to work, bun slaves have no days off.

:party:Happy Birthday!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I really don't remember doing so much for another one of my rabbits as I do for Miss Daisy. E-lops are very inquisitive and full of energy. I made her a new cage and its bigger then she had before, but I knew she needed just a little more space. So this afternoon, I managed to come up with the NIC panels I needed and built her a shelf.

I can't even fathom trying to build a shelf that would hold up Michiko's big booty! Miss Daisy is one spoiled little princess! :biggrin2:

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Sure you don't want a steel doe out of Nyx? You could breed it back to Titan and maybe get steels and/or blacks.

I also have a couple of other light gray does....and of course - I think I will have three litters due next month and two of the three does are looking HUGE already - at only a little over 2 week along. (They're also wanting to dig a lot and are driving me crazy).

TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Sure you don't want a steel doe out of Nyx?  You could breed it back to Titan and maybe get steels and/or blacks.

I also have a couple of other light gray does....and of course - I think I will have three litters due next month and two of the three does are looking HUGE already - at only a little over 2 week along.  (They're also wanting to dig a lot and are driving me crazy).

:inlove: Oh, that would be awesome!! Hubby...?

Wabbitdad12 wrote:

Yep..i could just pictureDaisy doing all that lol!

wabbitmom12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Sure you don't want a steel doe out of Nyx? You could breed it back to Titan and maybe get steels and/or blacks.

I also have a couple of other light gray does....and of course - I think I will have three litters due next month and two of the three does are looking HUGE already - at only a little over 2 week along. (They're also wanting to dig a lot and are driving me crazy).

:inlove: Oh, that would be awesome!! Hubby...?
Well I would say we do. I just wanted to talk you first dear and make sure it was o.k. before I said yes.

Latest posts

Back