Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I really don't remember doing so much for another one of my rabbits as I do for Miss Daisy. E-lops are very inquisitive and full of energy. I made her a new cage and its bigger then she had before, but I knew she needed just a little more space. So this afternoon, I managed to come up with the NIC panels I needed and built her a shelf.

Bassetluv love recently told me that the "e" in e-lop stands for engineer. Daisy over saw the contruction, inspected my building materials, examined the color of the carpet and the installation of the shelf. Once it was installed she had to inspect the underside, inspect that the cable ties were properly secured to the frame and that it would support her dainty figure.

Once this was all complete she hopped onto it and gave me a look that said "this if fine, when are you going to add the 2 and third story". I had to tell my furry master that would have to wait for a while.

Hahahah! One of the best posts I've read in a while XD

I was in trouble with a couple of my buns yesterday. I walked into the bunny room to clean cages and was saying hi to them. I said Hi to my first bun, Nibbles, and promptly got the bunny back and a thump. Your cage mate, Skippery, who follows Nibbles lead did the same thing. A few pets and a couple of craisins and I was fogiven.

I wasn't sure if Daisy like her shelf or not as I had not seen her on it too much. Last night when I went back in after cleaning cages, she was up and down on it and then flopped. So I guess she likes it.

Sweeties due date is in a couple of days and I am hoping its not a false pregnancy again. If she doesn't have kits she will be officially retired.

Tonight Wabbitmom starts her classes to become a pharmacy tech. The bunny's are crossing paws and I am crossing fingers that the classes will go smoothly.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Tonight Wabbitmom starts her classes to become a pharmacy tech. The bunny's are crossing paws and I am crossing fingers that the classes will go smoothly.
Oh wow - awesome! How long will she be in classes? Will she have to take a test to be certified or something?

I sure hope you get a litter from Sweetie....sometimes I feel guilty for getting Nyx from y'all - for about 3 seconds. Then I look at her and think I'd do it all over again..

TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I sure hope you get a litter from Sweetie....sometimes I feel guilty for getting Nyx from y'all - for about 3 seconds. Then I look at her and think I'd do it all over again..

3 seconds, that long?;)

Once she finishes her classes, then she has to do on the job training for 1 year then take her certification test.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:

3 seconds, that long?;)

Once she finishes her classes, then she has to do on the job training for 1 year then take her certification test.
Well...when she's getting into trouble...or when I'm feeling really really bad about having her ... otherwise - its like a flash of thought and then its like "naw...she belongs here.."

Her babies are already as big as Angel, my Polish.....I can't get over how big they are!

With all those lucky rabbits' paws, there's no way that the classes won't go well!

Still, sending even more luck from the bunnies' paws here too... :biggrin2:

Lately Sweetie has been acting way out of character. She is normally a very quiet and reserved bun. Many times I have let her cage door open and she just sits in her cage. The last few days she bolts out when I open her cage door and shredding stuff, normally she's not a shredder.

Tonight she zipped out and shredded an old phone book I have in the room for that purpose. Sweetie alsowent and shredded to oblivion two puppy training pads. I left the room for a few minutes and came back to the bunny room.She shredded one puppy pad until she had an absorbent fiber dust on her head.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Lately Sweetie has been acting way out of character. She is normally a very quiet and reserved bun. Many times I have let her cage door open and she just sits in her cage. The last few days she bolts out when I open her cage door and shredding stuff, normally she's not a shredder.

Tonight she zipped out and shredded an old phone book I have in the room for that purpose. Sweetie alsowent and shredded to oblivion two puppy training pads. I left the room for a few minutes and came back to the bunny room.She shredded one puppy pad until she had an absorbent fiber dust on her head.
If she is pregnant - when would she be due again? That sure sounds like she's shredding stuff to maybe have stuff to build a nest?

Her usual routine is give birth first then build a nest.
Maybe Daisy gave her some pointers on how to throw you off the track!

Good luck to Wabbitmom with her schooling. Sounds like an interesting subject area!

Thanks guys, for all your good luck wishes and :pray:. I'm excited because I've wanted to do this for a long time, but of course nervous, too! My poor brain just isn't as elastic as it used to be...and you should see the 5 inch stack of materials that we will be covering in 8 WEEKS!! YIKES!!

So, if I am not on the forum much, you will know why. :p

Please keep shooting up those prayers and good wishes when you think of me, especially that I will have excellent time management, not overbook myself, and be able to absorb and retain all that I need to. :hug:

Well its day 32 for Sweetie, I hopeshe is pregnant and I am not mistaken again. Her personality has definitely changed over the last week or so.

I know we have all had those moments when we wish we had our camera and were taking pictures at the right time. Tonight, when my daughter and I got back from Ironman 2 (great movie), I checked on Sweetie. She shot out of her cage like a bullet and Rudy was letting me know he wanted out too. Rudy is fixed so he can hang out with the women.

I was coming back into the bunny room and getting them away from the gate, when they both took off and at the same time did binkies.

Miss Daisy likes her new set up and it is funny to see her big nose poking through the 2 inch NIC panel square. She also dug all the litter out of her potty box, I think she does this on purpose, so I would have to open her cage to clean it up. Daisy takes the opportunity to get some extra run time.

Last night Wabbitmom and I went out for our very romantic night out,McDonald's and shopping at Walmart. Who said romance is dead? I told her she could have anything she wanted, as long as it was off the dollar menu;). I used my birthday money to get myself a new computer desk. Not the monster computer desk Wabbitmom bought for "us" at Christmas. Despite the temptation I putoff putting it together until this morning.

It went together well and like normal when I removed the old one there was lots of vacuuming and dusting to do. Glad I waited it would not have been fun late last night early this morning.

Why is it you can sleep like a baby when you have to get up for work, but when you have the opportunity to sleep in, you can't. I got up at 8am, but went to bed at 3am. So while I was putting together the computer desk, tending to my furry masters and cleaning the living room my darling family slept in.

I did remember to get my lovely wife a Mother's day card and had her hint, ok it wasn't a hint as much as it was I wouldn't mind getting something like that,would like for a gift too.

Latest posts

Back