Vash and Zatch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for everyone's prayers and kindthoughts. WE HAVE POOPS! Yesterday morning Iwoke up to tons of poops in his cage. His butt looks cleanerand no more bunny gas.

I feed him Purina in the green bag - 16% - which should be fine formaintenance diet. The problem is that Vash has a bit of asweet tooth and loves his pellets a bit too much. So,whenhe had unlimited amounts of pellets (badJenniblu)and hay along with a nightly rabbit salad, he atestuff in this order: salad (sometimes eating everything butthe actual leafy veggies), pellets, pellets, pellets. NoticeI didn't mention the hay? He only nibbled at it and playedwith it - played with it a lot :X.

Too many carbs and not enough fiber. Now, with 3/4 cup ofpellets daily, he is forced to eat some hay instead of just pellets andsome salad. As a reward for being such a good boy through allthis - he gets a present... a woven hay mat :p. Gotta keepencouraging that fiber.

Wow, I missed this post as I was in the hospitalmyself! So glad to hear the turd is well...turding!!!! Hopeeverything stays on track now!

phew if there is anything to thank for, its theend of Vash's bunny gas ... I've smelt a few that Freddy's passed and oboy !! talk about chemical warfare!

glad to hear he's pooping and everythings back to normal.

:heart:Ms. Alba (lol)

Thanks PGG, Lovaabun, and Ms. Alba(lol). Guess what? I got bunny kisses lastnight! I asked Vash did he still love me and he nudged andkissed my hand and knee.

Plus...I'm getting Linus! Vash finally cleared me to bringhim home lol. My pet work load isback tonormalnow that my neighbor found new homes for herdogs. She had moved into an apartment and I was caring forthem next door.

Oh, and the cutest thing happened this morning. It has beenovercast and drizzling rain the past few days due to HurricaneKatrina. Well, one of the pullets (young female chicken)decided to kick Thourne, my 90+ lb. GSD, out of his house and claim itas her own. I woke up to him sitting just outside his doghouse looking sad while she snuggled down for a nap. Poor guy.

:rofl:Never Mess witha Hen looking for a place toroost lmao poor puppy dog ,displaced by all 3 lbs of Herself LMAOtoo Funny!!!!!!!

Congrats on the new Rat Bunny , Linus isa nice color , Cassiwas given one of them rat bunnies too , Istill havent gotten over the truma .
Shhit forgot about poor sweetVash ! Hes a good boy to now eatmore Hay give him asnuggle and nose kisses for me .

LMBO at rat Bunny! It will be anadventure having a small rabbit. Vash was already 10 poundswhen I got him.

*Looks into getting small dog purse...Linus at the movie theater? Hmm....*

Linus? Peg's lionhead Linus? Or did I miss something??? :dunno:

Just found the other post, thats great Jenni!! Congrats!

I asked Jen if she'd like to have Linus sinceshe liked him so much. I really wanted him to go to a goodhome and he's too much of a fluffball for breeding.

I'm so excited about him coming to live with her.....the funny thingis....both of my bunnies that were "extra-special" but that I wasn'tkeeping - are going to live not only with members of thisforum....BUT...members of this forum who have flemish. Ithink I have Tiny's approval for that!

Peg

Hey guys! Sorry for no recent pics,but Vash is moulting like a...well he's moulting. Good newsis that he is almost done and I will start taking pics onceagain. I let him out for an early morning romp today and hetried to 'play' (read kiss) the girl cat, so that was cut a bit shorttoday.

Vash is also up for hte Pet-of-the-Week contest here --http://www.practical-pet-care.com/pet_of_the_week.php

Come on y'all - he's tying with the sugerglider and the chinchilla right now...help him beat the goat! :p

GO VASH!! :runningrabbit:

He always gets my vote. :blueribbon: He's definitely the cutest animal in the bunch.

I had no clue he was having a slowdown of poops and suchtroubles. I'm so glad to hear that he's doing well.

-Carolyn

Thank you Jen and Carolyn, and others. I had entered him several months ago and his turn finally came this week.

Yeah Carolyn, little snot had quuit eating his hay and started to havethe dreaded "string-of-pearls" in his poop. Now he's eatinghis hay like a horse - 3 handfuls so far today in fact:shock:.

I voted for Vash-boy!

I'm having trouble with Toby not eating his hay, too. He willeat a little if I sit and hand-feed it to him, but won't usually eat iton his own. I know it's good hay because the two girls aregoing through it like little vacuum cleaners! I'm going tohave to try spraying it with apple juice or something.

Laura

I think our rabbits just do stuff like that tokeep us on our toes! :XI've heard theapple juice thing works really well - they'll think it is a treat thatway.:p

Hey Laura, maybe also try limiting his pellets a bit. Vashgets unlimited hay all day and 3/4 cup pellets and more hay at nightbefore bed. His poops look great now and his bum is so cleanI could (almost) kiss it!

Best of all...no stinky excess cecotrophs. :)

Jenniblu wrote:
Hey Laura, maybe also try limiting his pellets a bit.
See, that's what's weird. I just started limiting his pelletslast week (he turned six months old on the 15th) and he's hardly eatenany hay since. Maybe he's protesting the pellet cut by noteating the hay? I don't know, but Ijust don't wanthim to have a blockage. Silly rabbit! Tricks arefor kids!

Laura

Jenniblu wrote:
Yeah Carolyn, little snot had quuit eating his hay and started to havethe dreaded "string-of-pearls" in his poop. Now he's eatinghis hay like a horse - 3 handfuls so far today in fact:shock:.

What a GoodBoy!!!!

Thanks Pet_Bunny! Hey, where's the "Rainbows" siggy I like so much?;)

Like I said in my other post, Vash has been scarfing the hay down likesome kind of horse lately.He is eating it out ofhis new ceramic bowlthat is tip-proof even for aFlemish. Couldn'tget a good shot of him Wednesdaynight, but if you look close, you can see that his fur has lightened uparound his headin this last moult and now has a frosted lookto it. I love my baby boy.:)

Latest posts

Back