Vash and Zatch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear this boy get more good lookingevery time I see him. I am so in love with Vash. I mean look at thisface...

beg1.JPG

All this and charm too ...

newbowl.JPG

He is so lucky to have such a Wonderful Momma to pamper him like royalty.

Please give lots of cuddles and kisses for me. An extra treat too please?

Tina

Carolyn - Yep, dere's da' baby. Thevery spoiled baby. BTW - I tried to hold him like you heldCali (with your chest against her chest) and he was having none ofthat. :p

Freddysmom - Hey Ms. Alba! He makes the saddest faces behindbars. You'd think he was one of those bunnies that never gotout of the cage the way he looks.

Peg - Thank you.So true about that nickname - he isthe love of my life. Tiny probably won't envy some of thestuff (baby clothes) that Vash gets lol.

Laura - Thanks. I told him what you said and now hehas the big head lol.

Tina - Thank you as always. He is almost through his moultand his fur has come in so soft and shiny this time. I am theone that feels lucky to be his Momma. I'll give him someextracuddles and treats tonight.

It is in the 90's again today, but it is the high humidity that makestoday so miserable right now. I'm going to make a point ofrefrigerating his greens before serving them tonight - that should be aextra treat to have on a muggy night.

Istopped at the pet storeyesterday while in theMall and saw a baby New Zealand all by itself. It was juststanding in the middle of the glass enclosure looking so sad.When I stuck my hand in it came and sniffed it and then lifted itsfront paw to touch my index finger.

The employee said it was about 6 months old, and that it had been therefor 4 months. It looked to be only 4-5 pounds (if thatmuch)at 6 months -- too small maybe? I've neverseen a New Zealand up close. Poor thing had no toys to playwith, only food water, and a plastic igloo thing to hide in.I didn't buy the rabbit, but that made me hug Vash extra tight lastnight.

Youare so much stronger than I am.

That type of thing breaks me down into tears and then I end upsaving them. I hope someone takes that poor baby home real soon.

Tina

He's very handsome....Keely wants to know howhe's doin with that afraid of the dark thing...and if he needs somecompany.. :D :D

Oh, it wasn't easy walking out of that petstore. Right now, I have my animals to care for plus I'mfeeding and watering my neighbor's 2 dogs (they are next door) sinceshe moved to an apartment. It is amazing how adding 2 dogshas increased my workload so much. Now, I'm trying to fightthe urge not to keep them since they have lived here all their livesand they are really old dogs - 9yrs and 12yrs.

PGG, tell Keely that Vash says hi. He also wants to tell herthat he is doing pretty good sleeping at night, but he doesn't like thenew vacuum (mommy had to get the ultra turbo one lol) because it istoo noisy. He wonders if she cancome overandhelp him kill it so he can sleep during the day.:p He says she can sleep in his hidey spot beside theloveseat and he will even give her some of his salad at night.

OHHH.....I told her and I think I hear her inthere now packing hay and her papaya tablets!!!! Told her itstoo far to hop, now she's sulking...she really wants to meet that hunkaburnin love... :shock::pI told her she can't evenhop around the bunny room for more than 10 minutes, not sure how shethinks she'd ever get that far...she must agree as she's now eating herpellets/calf manna mix!! She wants Vash to know thats verynice of him to offer to share his salad...she'll be thinking ofhim..but she's getting her own shortly as its about that time of nite!

I GOT EGGS!

frstegg3.JPG

I GOT EGGS!

frstegg1.JPG

I GOT EGGS!

I woke up this morning to all the chickens hanging out on theback porch - something they haven't done in a while. Theylead me down the steps to the nesting area where I found 2eggs. About an hour later, Nicky was on the nest and left astill warm egg behind.

I am so proud of my girls.:inlove: They got hugs andextra treats today. These are a good sizetoo forfirst eggs - the coin in the pic is the size of a quarter. Iam going to blow the eggs out and then poly coat them to preserve andhardenthem.

FreddysMom wrote:
lol sorry i dont know the story behind the eggs, but congrats!!!! :)

brown eggs are my favorite...i dont know why, but they taste so much better!
The eggs are from my 'girls' I got back in April. :inlove:

dachicksday2.JPG

I really think Vash needs a little brother....perhaps one named Linus.

Tiny thinks so too....that way Vash wouldn't be the only one getting dressed up...

<oh...did we say those things out loud in this thread?>

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
I really think Vash needs a little brother....perhaps one named Linus.

Tiny thinks so too....that way Vash wouldn't be the only one getting dressed up...

<oh...did we say those things out loud in this thread?>

Peg
Me--->:heart::happyrabbit:

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but Vash hasbeen off his hay for a bit too long resulting in excessive cecotrophbuild up around his butt. The decrease in fiber was also aconcern because he is finishing up a moult and was having the'string-of-pearls' visible in his poop.

Fearing a possible fur block developing, he was put on a stricthay-only diet. After holding out for about 12 hours, thelittle stinker ate handfuls of hay and had some respectable sized poopsyesterday morning. As a bit of a treat and to keep his systemmoving, I gave him some pumpkin and additional hay that evening, ofwhich he ate mostly pumpkin (darn sweet-toothed bunny). Thismorning, I tried to put him back on some pellets hoping that he wouldeat both the pellets and hay. He ate all the pellets (1/2cup) and nibbled the hay.

So far, he has had a few poops (about 10), but they are fur-free, butstill small in appearance. I gave him an inch of Nutricaltonight.

Jenni and Vash (hatin' his mommy)

ohhh ... Vash .. this is prolly the one and onlytimes youre gonna hear this.....come on Vash be a lil (err..BIG )pooper!! hehe and then you can try and trick your mommy into thinkingthey are chocolate malt balls! :shock:

Sorry I didn't update earlier in the day.

Today (technically Friday) I cut down his pellets to 1/4 cup in aneffort to get him to eat more hay. Well, he dug every lastpellet out of the bowl and spent the next 2 hrs giving me the hungrybunny face. I only counted 4 poops total. This wasFriday morning.

When I went to pick him up though, he had a huge mass of sticky andhard poop on his bum. There were some solid poops stuck onhis backside along with some sticky poop with tiny peices of hay in it- yeah, I studied it in depth after cleaning him up.

The solid poops had no evidence of hair in them at all. Ijust don't understand why his backside is still gettingmessy. Maybe it will take a few days to get his gastricsystem in balance. It is like he doesn't WANT to keep thatarea clean maybe?

Now, he is sitting in his cage looking at me with the saddiest faceever. Occasionally, he sticks his head in the hay bowl takesa peice of it, chews, and then shakes his head like it tastesawful. Now, when the lights are off, I can hear himmuching away on the hay. Little (erm...big)stinker. He is not fooling me!

Love,

Jenni (smarter than the average bear) and Vash

Poor Vash! He's so spoiled!

I'm wondering if he's having problems with too much protein? I know that can cause messy bottom problems.

Mocha used to have problems with soft poop on her old pellets that hada max fiber of 18%. She's been fine since I switched to ahigher fiber pellet. Maybe you could do that? Idon't know what you are feeding, but I use Oxbow and the fiber isn'tmuch lower than actual hay.

Now poop, you little bugger!

Latest posts

Back