Unexpected company, or......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RaspberrySwirl wrote:
What a sweetie!

Ummm....what's a charlie?

Raspberry
I need to correct myself here I think?!?

She doesn't have charlies...she is a charlie. Although this may be wrong too, because her black markings are really not that light.

Broken rabbits with very light markings are called "Charlies".

Need some help here Pam.... .. pleeeeze!?!?

JimD wrote:
These are great, however there has been a further update...

It was a Cadillac Eldorado.

We immediately came up with "Dora" as a possibility (Eldorado).

I like Storm(y), too!

All ideas will go to Jessica so she can decide!
Oh, My! A caddy huh? she has expensive taste! like Liz Taylor or Eva Gabor! lol

I love pet names.... you can have so much fun! Hope Jessica finds a perfect name :)

and you find a camera! :X

;)

I went back and looked at the picture again. The Charlie part...is that the part that we are referring to, that is kind of on the edges of the spots, it is kind of "see through" looking? Shaded...or lighter? Is that what Charlie means? And if they didn't have that part, and they just had defined spots, that would be something different?

Raspberry

JimD wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
and you find a camera! :X

;)
Did you not see the pictures??;)

You're slippin'

Look on page 4 of this thread...
:shock:NO! ...... I'm there!

OMG! she's adorable! She's so sweet! *kiss,kiss da bunners!*

She looks like a Freckles.... lol

I've gotten word that Jessica likes the name "Rosie".

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I went back and looked at the picture again. The Charlie part...is that the part that we are referring to, that is kind of on the edges of the spots, it is kind of "see through" looking? Shaded...or lighter? Is that what Charlie means?And if they didn't have that part, and they just had defined spots,that would be something different?

Raspberry
ummmmm...lemme see.....i found more stuff.....

"when you breed two rabbits that are "broken colored", a color and white spotted, you will get some brokens, some solid sports, and some charlies.A charlie is a rabbit with just a little bit of color.They usually have ear markings, eye markings, a bit of color on the back and no nose marking or a "charlie chaplin mustache" which is how they got their name."

I'm looking for Doc Nock.....She will fly right in here andtell us what a Charlie is! :dude:

Raspberry

I am simply trying to use this warm fuzzy experience as an opportunity to further educatemyself!

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:

I am simply trying to use this warm fuzzy experience as an opportunity to further educatemyself!

Raspberry
Yeah, yeah... educational stuff......... I like bunnies..... don't care what color or breed LOL!

Ok, where's the professor ..... ?

Our bunnie Chippy is a charlie.

She's white, black ears, black eye boxes, no nose marking.......

and then she has small faint black spots down her back, one over each eye, and one on her tail.

bunniemush.jpg

lookie all da bunnies..... ...and there's 2 missin' !!

So, like..... when did it become a hobby to get bunnies, Jim? Like.... what are the signs I should be watching for in myself...... that one day it will go from 1 bunny (ok 2 at the moment) to like 7? :p

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I'm looking for Doc Nock.....She will fly right in here andtell us what a Charlie is! :dude:

Raspberry

Rasp found me :) I've come down with a bad cold and some other health problems as well as trying to deal with the loss of my friend's daughter. I've been lurking, but not posting as much this week.

A "charlie" by ARBA definition is a verylightly marked broken rabbit. It's often used to refer to rabbits with less than 10% color markingsthat may also bemissing a nose marking (butterfly) -- however, a rabbit may still be considered a charlie and have a nose marking.

Those into the genetic aspect of a charlie consider any rabbit that is homozygous broken (2 broken genes) a charlie. True genetic charlies will produce 100% brokens no matter what color they are bred to. Homozygous charlies are usually lightly marked.

I suspect that the rabbit in the photo is not a genetic charlie -- just a broken missing it's nose marking.

The name "Charlie" comes from the fact that many lightly marked rabbits have 2 spots on either side of the nose (rather than the proper butterfly). It gives the rabbit a sort of "Charlie Chaplin" mustache look.

Pam

The photo of Chippy is certainly a rabbit that falls under what is generally considered a "Charlie" marked rabbit due to the lack of broken pattern markings on the body as well as the missing nose marking.

Pam

Bo B Bunny wrote:
So, like..... when did it become a hobby to get bunnies, Jim? Like.... what are the signs I should be watching for in myself...... that one day it will go from 1 bunny (ok 2 at the moment) to like 7? :p
I'm not sure.

It's kind of like when you went to the restaurant when you were a kid, and they give you that little set of 3 or 4 crayons to color with....and the next thing you know you've got the box of 64, but it's not enough...

I think there's support groups for this kinda stuff!

In reply to what Pam said...

"huh?"

I'll have to read that a few more times....S..L..O..W..L..Y..;)

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back