Unexpected company, or......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a good story ;), except the part about the other bun getting run over :(. I hope she has a great home and is loved all the time. I wonder if she is pregnant since there was a buck and doe :?.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
In reply to what Pam said...

"huh?"

I'll have to read that a few more times....S..L..O..W..L..Y..;)

Raspberry

It's just confusing because there is no definitive answer :).Basically the term refers to a lightly marked rabbit.Genetics fanatics only consider a rabbit a "charlie" if it has inherited a copy of the broken gene from each parent (homozygous) --irregardless of how it is marked.

Pam

Thanks Raspberry for asking the question, and thank you, Pam, for pulling yourself together long enough to answer it. I know you're in great pain these days and that you really aren't in the mood to answer questions, but as per usual, you were right there when someone asked. I also wasn't clear as to what the term meant, so I'm really glad that now I know. :)

Mornin Jim and Danielle!

Your little fluff-ball is so sweet looking. The look in her eye gives off a feeling of ease and comfort.

We've been thinking so much about you, but as you had indicated earlier in the thread, have been very busy with the festivities here.

How's it going on getting her cleaned up? Are you getting thumped at? How are your other bunnies dealing with the new arrival? Did Jessica come up with a name yet?

It's been so long since I've spoken to you. :)

-Carolyn

JimD, I think what you did is so Incredible, I had to say that again. Any news? Update? Anything? We're dying here? Anything at all?

How about Lily as a name? She was rescued so close to Easter and my yard are lilies that are called Easter Lilies. They are just starting to bloom just like your little girl will bloom under your care.

Tina

JimD wrote:
And don't forget the Missus!! She ROCKS!!

Oh you are very right! I'm so sorry to have not included her...

EVERYONE INVOLVED IS JUST AMAZING!

And one more thing...I CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES!!! I'm dying over here! Why are they coming up as X's and every one else can see them??? Jim - can you post them a different way? What's going on?

-Vanessa

Greeting to All!!!

Our new little bunnie is doing great!!!!!!

She's eating hay & pellets, drinking, pooping&peeing.

She's had raisins, craisins, banana, and a leaf of romaine. She loved them all....especially the nana.

I'm going to the pet store and want to pick up some Nutri-Cal.
Can anybody me advise on the doseage to give her??

She seems to be in very good health, but we'll give her a good going over today. Eyes/ears/nose all clear. Hard to tell her age, but she seems to be matured.

Hopefully she was spayed (she had a little boyfriend under the car with her) so we don't have any little surprises. Danielle said she thought she saw some milk, but I don't know if that is possible.
Do does lactate before a litter?

Danielle used wipes and got most of the surface grime off. The bun loved the brushing and blowdry. Her feet are still pretty dirty (as to be expected). We'll work at cleaning her up a little at a time. She certainly has been through a lot and we don't want to stress her at all.

She has settled into her new cage very well and is totally comfortable. Lounging and bunnie flopping. She had all feet in the air for a while at one point.

Her litter habits are pretty good. She uses her litter pan to pee in all the time, so far. She likes Woody Pet (of course). She poops where ever, but I can live with that.

She got the best personality, too. Loves to be loved. She sits on Jessica's lap for hours at a time.

I think the only thing wrong with this bunnie is that someone broke her heart by doing what they did. It might take a while for her to trust and love again.....but we've got lots of time!

:pIt's official....Jessica has named her bunnie "Rosie" !!!!! :p

:~) Jim

Awww, Rosie! What a great name!! I'm so happy to hear that everything is going great! Sounds like she is very grateful!

Still wish I could see pictures, though! (see post above)

Jim, I read recently where Tina uses a peroxide mixture onApollo to get his white feet clean...you might ask her about that for Rosie's dirty paws...

Rosie! Yeah!!!!! I'm so glad she has a name now! :)

On the Nutri Cal....When Sebastian was sick Pamtold me.....I think it was a 1/2"....I'm looking through my stuff trying to find it. I tried putting it on his paws the first time and that didn't go too well. The next time I just put it in his mouth a bit at a time.

It's all nutrients and good stuff, so I don't think it would be harmful if she got a bit too much.

Raspberry

Thanks Raspberry!!

I'm thinking that doseage might be by the buns weight as well.

Ya know what!!...DOY!!!....My vet is right at PetSmart. I'll ask her as long as I'm there. I'm such a typical guy!

About the peroxide....I thought I remember someone saying that it wasn't a good idea to use it on bunnies?? I'm probably wrong...we hear so much here that I get confused so easy.

:~) Jim

Yeah! Congratulations Rosie! You have an awesome family.

JimD, I water the peroxide down. I usually do half peroxide and half water. I dip his feet andat times,his whole tushy in it. I haven't had any problems with it. I got the tip from my breeder.

I meant what I you told Rosie. You and your family are Awesome. Bunny Guardian Angels.

Tina

Thanks Tina,

And you should talk. I found out you were on a mission of your own whilst I was busy.

You go girl!!!!!!

You are very Welcome Jim. Thank you as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed on my Mission:D

Try the peroxide it works, it's cheap and it works;)

You are really awesome.

Tina

I love how she got her name... Jessie's favorite character from Bye Bye Birdy is Rosie... and at the same time my dad's little song was to the tune of a song from Bye Bye Birdy. This is great! She's so sweet and fluffy! She's stinkie though, so her name is ironic. Today she will have her first experience with the vacuum. Oh deary. Jessie will hold her while momma vacuums. Anyway! On my way to get ready for a date!!

_danielle_

PS. I will post more pictures soon!!

"She got the best personality, too. Loves to be loved. She sits on Jessica's lap for hours at a time."

I am so pleased that she is bonding with Jessica. Sounds like she is settling in really well. She is such a sweet girl, and I think her name really suits her - she looks like a 'Rosie'. I must admit that this whole rescue has brought a smile to my face for the last few days!- Jan

Hi Jim,

You can give up to an inch a day of the NutriCal, Jim. I've done that with both my little ones, and The Monster,and have never had a problem.

As to the lactating, it could be that she's going to have babies or has already had them and was separated from them. Does she look pregnant? Do you feel 'marbles' in her belly?

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back