Tucker, Fauna, and Cali

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn wrote:
Raspberry and Pamnock,

I don't have a big heart, I have a crazy mind!
-Carolyn
Crazy minds work just as well and perhapseven better for the raising ofteenagers! I'd still be happy to send them to you?

Raspberry

Jezebel was lounging yesterday on the computerand reading this thread, she would like to give Cali sometrade secrets (on intimidation, *the looks* ect) so she is willing totrade cell phone numbers with her (you have followed the advice andbought hera cell phone right?)

OHHHHHHHH TOO FUNNY, I am still so deliriously happy for your growing family Carolyn :)

Cher

ThanksCher!

No cell phonetowers in my area yet. Very much in the boonies.

-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
Carolyn wrote:

Is there a rabbit out there that you haven't owned?

Many of the unique breeds I have were gifts from friends. Itgives me the opportunity to study the breeds "hands on" and helps me tobetter understand their breed standard.

One of my favorites is the brown Silver that I have. TheSilvers are rather rare, but I did have an opportunity to judge them ata show in the spring. I'll have to take some photos of mine-- they have a beautiful coat. I also have a Silver Fox -- avery large breed that is quite different from the Silver and alsorather uncommon.

Others in the barn include our two primary breeds, the Holland Lop andDwarf Hotot, as well as Himalayans, Netherland Dwarfs, Tans, Satin,French Lop, New Zealand White, English Angoras, English Spots and MiniRex. I would love to acquire a red Belgian Hare -- not anaccepted variety, but very beautiful.

We also hadBeverens years ago. I'm sure I'll alsohave a few Polish in the barn soon, as a friend has offered me some toplay around with.

Pam

You're truly a professional, Pam, to take on as many breeds as you canso that you can learn about each. We are so fortunate to haveyou here with us. Truly.

Tell me, are all Flemish as docile as my baby girl seems and Ben (Fergi's bunny) is? Was your Checkered the same way?

-Carolyn

I'm getting more pictures of my Cali, Tucker, andFauna, but I have to be honest. Cali's hard to photographbecause as soon as I get down on the floor to get a good picture, shecomes right over to me and gets right in my face for loving.

I'm doing what I canthough!

-Carolyn

LOL Carolyn! I have the same problem with Ben,that's why in the majority of his pics I have posted he is either onthe counter, table, or couch. Get down and the floor and he is nudgingme for loving :pBest to just put them up high, on your levelfor the good pictures. That's what I've found. Can't wait to see morepictures of Tucker, Fauna, and Cali!!!

Fergi's mom

Thanks for the tip, Fergi! Will do.

Do you handle Ben alot? I want Cali to get used to me holdingher but, OHLORD! --- wait'll she getsbigger:

Well, I did want to work on my arm muscles.

-Carolyn

Yep, they are an armful :shock:,lucklymy arms have already been well toned by carrying myyoungest around, he weighs around 34 lbs already, and hesnoteven two yet :shock:

Ben doesn't love to be picked up off the floor, he will let me and willtolerate for a couple of seconds before getting ansy. At that point Ipush his head under my arm or chin and rub his ears, sometimes he willremain calm, others he just wants down. I only hold him for a couple ofmins right now and then put him down and reward him if he was good. Iam hoping that he will learn to tolerate handling soon, before he getsGiant sized at least :p

Let me know what works with Cali, if you find something that does.Would like to ask dajet2? how they handle Apollo. He looked so relaxedin her son's arms :)

Fergi's mom

Carolyn wrote:
I'mgetting more pictures of my Cali, Tucker, and Fauna, but I have to behonest. Cali's hard to photograph because as soon as I getdown on the floor to get a good picture, she comes right over to me andgets right in my face for loving.

I'm doing what I canthough!

-Carolyn
This is from me and Sherman ... same message we sent to Raspberry Swirl ... :X

I know how it is with photgraphing these froendlybunnies! Both Mocha and Spice are nearly impossible to get good photosof! I spend half the time running away from them! I mean the bestphotos (because they show expression) are at the bunnies level and thesecond I kneel or lay, the bunny is right in my face. Not to mentionhalf th time when I'm standing, they think the camera's a treat and runto my feet. I don't know about the rest, but I don't want peoplerecognising me by my feet. :?

Carolyn wrote:

Tell me, are all Flemish as docile as my baby girl seems and Ben (Fergi's bunny) is? Was your Checkered the same way?

-Carolyn

In general, the giants are rather docile. The French Lops canbe a little testy however and the Checkereds can be downright dangeroushaving sent a number of judges to the hospital for stitches.When I was first learning about handling them, I had a large doe leapoff the table and nail my shoulder -- I was lucky to have had a heavycoat on, but she still left a mark. In some cases theCheckereds are handled inhumanely and their water is withheld beforeshowing, making them even more irritable. My Checkered is abig snuggly baby who can't be shown because he'll lay down on the showtable to have his back scratched LOL

I had to laugh when an exhibitor madethefollowingcomment to me during the judging of Best 4 Class:"Finally, a judge who isn't afraid of the Petites (tiny rabbitsknown to bite) -- you can imagine that after handling nasty 15+ poundrabbits, I'm not going to be intimidated by a mere 2 1/2 pound creature:cool:

Pam

Yeah, it's like I tell Fenny, "You don't like it? What are you gonna do about it?? Huh? Huh?"

He only weighs 3 1/2 lbs. heheheheheh

It's so funny when he gets mad--that impotent rage like an angrybaby.

Bub, on the other hand, could knock the wind out of me with those monster feet!

Rose

BunnyMommy wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Fauna leans overto Tucker and whispers:
Oh, LOL!!!!...

Oh, Sarah, this is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Second that emotion!

I wish everyone could have a Flemish at one point in theirlife.Last night, I spent a lot of time with Tuckertring to calm him down from his stress of theGIStasis. Cali was practically in my lap trying to get in onthe loving and the conversation. Then I moved over to Faunaand Cali moved right over with me. She'ssosensitive. She definitely scares people though because she'sso big and looks wild.

-Carolyn

oh my goodness i cracking up. The cuteness is toopowerful. I'm sure the three of them will get along soon, i mean withCali being so loving. Who can resist her?

btw- tucker and fauna's cage looks beautiful, you are such a great decorator/designer carolyn

Back