Today is the day.. anybody wanna join in?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay, you asked for it, my story is kinda long. . .

i don't remember ever not beingchunky and sad. in the middle of second grade my world was turned upside down by switching schools (something i didn't handle very well).

all during elementry and part of middle school i became friends with a group of girls that weren't very good support systems themselves. they all emotionally eat, talked nasty things about skinnier girls, and hated themselves. as a result i picked up many nasty traits from them including hating myself and eating to sooth any emotion from happy to sad to angry. they were not a good group of girls, they were constantly talking about each other behind their back, and fighting over every little thing.

in the 7th grade i was the largest girl in my class, i was terribly depressed all the time and fearfull of saying or doing anything that would upset my "friends" and release their streams of teases and curses. i was constantly eating to fill the empty place the pain left.

one day, i decided i had had enough i cut myself off completely from the group of girls that had helped ruin my entire life. for weeks i had to put up with their tormenting me, they would walk behind me in the halls and all of them would fake gag and choke as if i was causing them to do so. they spread terrible rumors around about me and left all manners of nasty, uncalled for notes in my locker or on my desk.

so i went friendless, i continued to eat my pain away. i stopped eating to fill a hunger, and insteadate every meal (including snacks) to fill me to the point of being ill. food as my only friend.

depressed and fat i started high school with a new found light. in the 8th grade i had joined 4-h and had made a few new friends at school. i was still chunky, and still depressed, but i had good, honest friends by my side, and something to focus on outside of school besides when i was going to eat again. i go involved with rabbits and for a while traveling to the shows and such really helped me, but my next problem came with all the fast food i was eating.i was on the road almost every other weekend (during the spring and fall it might have been every weekend as well) and instead of being smart and bringing healthy food to eat, we simply ate fast food. some weekends we would have 4 out of 6 meals fast food. so you can imagine that wasn't helping at all.

once i graduated i worked really hard at losing weight, and managed over the summer to drop around 30 pounds, but i could never seem to drop more then that. and when my friends left for school, and i stayed behind at a dead end job, i soon returned to my old ways of eating everything.

now, due to partly because i was on medication that increased my appetite (i was eating ALL the time) and being depressed i have found myself at my max weight and size.

so there is it all, the entire story of katie's weight gain.. .

Katt's Good for you Recipe of the day!!!

Bean and Tomato Salad

what you will need

• 1 can of beans, your choice, i prefer black beans for this dish
  • tomatoes, around 4 large, diced
  • 1 can of corn, or a few cups of frozen corn
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • fresh parsley, chopped fine
  • olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste
drain beans, and rinse. mix everythingin a large bowl, drizzle some olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. for extra heat add some diced hot pepper of your choice

what is great about this one is, you can make it to your liking. . . love corn? add a little more corn to it! really like beans, add extra beans, to much tomato for you? decrease it a little!

this salad is great on it's own, and is super refreshing and lite on hot days, or serve it next to a low fat wrap or with some yummy grilled chicken!

Hey Katt I make the same thing but with Italian white beans and use olive oil and lemon juice for dressing - it tastes like Summer.. Going to make yours tonight with the black beans (and perhaps a little cumin and cilantro).. Mmmmm

I'm in!

I need to lose 25lbs and fast!

My Story: I'm 25, was diagnosed with endometriosis in '07 via a laparascopy (but they believe I've had it since I was 13). Just this March I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I can have very bad pain and it makes me tired and downright miserable. I stopped taking BCPs in Oct. and I was trying to get 'regulated' to start to try to conceive. After 5 neg.bloodtests and countless neg. HPTs over a 2 month period I figured out I'm not normal anymore.

I hit a pretty significant bout of depression over the 'if I can't have a baby thing.' That and the feeling sorry for myself, or I'm so young why do I have to deal withthis, yadda, yadda, yadda.But I'm ready to bounce out of it! After doing research about endo, PCOS, and other issues I have found weightloss to be the best thing for pain as well as regulation. I'm just sick of seeking a prescription everytime I don't feel good.

Plus, I used to run track and used to exercise 5-6x a week for 2 hours a day. I started my makeover in April (I joined a tanning salon) and have tried to keep up my physical appearance (dress nice all the time, do hair nails and makeup, etc) but now it's time to change this junk in the trunk to precious cargo! ;)

I had Endo to - funny thing at 27 as well; they performed surgery and removed as much of the tissue as they could along with 3 fibroids; after surgery I went on Lupron for 6 months (forces you into Menopause) and after - everything was fine.

Has your Dr. suggested this? It really worked me for and its only been in the last year that I've had any endo pain (but barely not like before) and I'm 42 now. Just thought I'd share.

Mind if I join in? :)I've hit a dangerous spot and I really really need to stick to my plans this time.

Oh... I wanted to say... I have a forum set up on a domain I am not using. I am not trying to take away from this thread at all but I figured maybe we can link it here and just use the forum to set things up more properly. I'm just offering in case it can be useful to you guys. I don't have much to offer in general but let me know if you need anything.

OH, and my other goal is to fit into the bikini I bought on a whim last summer. It was a 2 piece black string for $3.50 on sale at Target. But right now, I wear a one piece and it's not cute, it looks like sausage in casing!

Wow! I am blown away by the issues and situations we have all had to face in our lives!! Some seem so shared that it is easy to just shake my head and say, "Yup, been there..." I know there are many more stories to be told, but maybe we should also start sharing one piece of advice (about weight loss or life experiences)to to help each other remain positive about this undertaking.

If you don't mind, I would like to be the first to say something in the advice direction. Each one of us needs to start loving ourselves for who and what we are. I know it is difficult to do because we have allowed society to dictate what is beautiful andwhat is not. None of us are failures because we have all learned from whateverwent "wrong". We are humans doing human things. We are also meant to love and respect one another. Block out the "bad, hurtful noise" and listen to the goodness that exists in your heart. You are all wonderful, magnificent people in my book and have no problem reminding you (even if I have to PM ALL of you individually!!) You have to be good people... you love rabbits!!!!

myheart:big kiss:

Today I was doing a little good, cereal for breakfast then a subway sub for dinner with lettuce and cheese with ranch. Then my mom made peanut butter cookies. :shock:

I think my main problem is I'm in love with ranch. I eat it on potatoes, anything with cheese like mac and cheese, any bread, and just anything you can think of. Just nothing too gross like cereal, but like other kinds of food I load the ranch on. I think after today I'm gonna try and cut it out.

My second problem is I can never have just one. I want a cookie, then I just wanted one more, then just one more, then just one more. I ate like seven cookies. I need to work on self control.

I think two other reasons are I eat when I'm sad and I eat when I'm bored. I get sad a lot, mostly over school stuff. I feel like everyone hates me and everything I say is wrong and just all kinds of stuff and Imake low grades because I'm retardedthen I feel sad and just grab that ice cream to make me feel better. And then when I'm home alone nothing to do, I start thinking about food then eat. I need to keep my mind busier.

I suck..

Seriously..

I did good all day, got up early, worked hard.. fixed pasta for dinner.. with italian dressing and string cheese chunksof mozerella..

I did rationalize that I was ok because it was the spinach/tomato rotini, yanno the green, orange and regular colored pasta. So there was my veggies. I also coated it with the LIGHT Italian dressing, and LIGHT string cheese.

Which kinda was even more shot all to heck by the Snickers Dark Bar my husband bought me as a peace offering.

Today was a better Jarred day..

I did discover I think Lisa, Jarreds mom,makes me ill. When I go to her house I ALWAYS end up throwing up and running to the toilet for various gastrointestinal ailments. I chalked it up as build up of nerves. However, she stopped by unannounced today.. and so the hurling and worse began.

She smokes.. somethin fierce. I recall when Jarred came over, I washed his clothes.

Is it possible ciggy smoke makes me violently ill?

I suck..

Seriously..

I did good all day, got up early, worked hard.. fixed pasta for dinner.. with italian dressing and string cheese chunksof mozerella..
Don't beat yourself up over it. If you are being "mostly good" then you will make progress. I like the 90-10 rule: Good 90% of the time and not so good the other 10%. If I totally deprive myself I feel resentful and quit. Think of all the good you did yesterday!

(Oh geez, I got all cheerleadery there didn't I :p)

GoinBackToCali wrote:
I did discover I think Lisa, Jarreds mom,makes me ill. When I go to her house I ALWAYS end up throwing up and running to the toilet for various gastrointestinal ailments. I chalked it up as build up of nerves. However, she stopped by unannounced today.. and so the hurling and worse began.

She smokes.. somethin fierce. I recall when Jarred came over, I washed his clothes.

Is it possible ciggy smoke makes me violently ill?

I think cigarette smoke can make a nonsmoker not feel well. I don't even care to go out to the bars anymore because of the smoke -- I hate coming home and smelling like I smoke myself. My throat becomes sore and my head usually hurts. The first thing I have to do when I come home is run down to the basement to take my clothes off and run back up to take a shower to get the smell out of my hair. Honestly, I am glad that some bars are becoming smoke-free.

And, yes, people can make us sick also. I used to know a guy who would always stress me out because of his criticism. I finally had to put myself into the mind-set that we are not married in any way, shape, or form, and I can walk away at anytime because I am better than what he says. He only said the mean stuff to take his anger out about other stuff and to make himself feel better about himself. Those types of people have not learned to love themselves and need to validate their being by knocking others down and running over them. My lesson that I learned....

myheart

with "Caustic" people I always try to remember - its must be SO horrible to be that miserable all the time; I could not handle walking around and being angry all of the time and/or "critizing" everyone..

Zin I really do believe some people can just turn on your stomach acid (happens to my Mother from time to time w/a neighbor of hers).. and with so many chemicals is cigarrettes I could see you being highly allergic to them..

And Kirst3buns I'm going to subscribe to your 90/10 plan - love that!

So far 2 days into this plan I haven't exercised yet - but have cut out bad things and started doing more - baby steps but I already at least feel a little better about myself and more empowered knowing there are others trying as well.

I suck too... I ate sonic this morning...Hamburger and fries... I have no will power... I am only eating a salad tonight with Fat free dressing... I need to stay away from my mom and sister.... I did go into the candy Isle at walmart and talked my self out of mint crunch m&ms(my fav)....

OK........... No one sucks!

I thinkTHAT has to be the first rule of "today is the day.. anybody wanna join" CLUB..

Rule 1: You cannot, at ANY time say "I suck".. YOUdo not suck - as your working out the kinks of your life that have probably been ingrained in your brain for sometime - can take awhile (not 2 days).

Rule 2: You cannot say ANY one else "sucks" as your not in their shoes and do not know what they have "been/are" dealing with.

Rule 3: Your going to be your own worst critique - so you CANNOT critique your own evolvement - NOT ALLOWED.

We can be ourown BESTChampions - there can beNO negative feedback; suggest your having a problem - not that you have failed. -If you find aproblemreach out to others to find a solution or support..

We are GREAT people, I think we just are easily distracted by OTHER problems (some our own and others we try to help)..

Keep up the passion from wanting to do this (my mantra more than "YELLING" it at the rest of you).

Best to all in this personal challenge!

Alright, I'm in! I have consistently weighed around 180 since the end of January, so at least I know I'm not actively gaining weight. I've been wanting to eat healthier for a while, so I'm in the right frame of mind to really buckle down. My cousin is getting married at the end of September and I'd like to weigh about 145 or 150 then. Does 30-35 pounds seem like a reasonable amount of weight to lose between now and then? I have 4 months and a week until then. I don't have access to my university's gym until the beginning of September, so until then I'll probably just be losing weight through eating right.

I'd like to share my "story" and started typing it a few times, but I need to think about it more. I'm glad that Zin started this thread and that we have so many members working together! Will we be doing the first weigh in on Friday?

Anyone have more recipes? The salad Katt shared is awesome, I love to add avocado, cumin, and lime juice and leave out the olive oil. SO GOOD! Tonight for dinner I made tacos and ate one. 8 inch flour tortilla with ground extra lean turkey with taco seasoning, chili beans, about 2 tablespoons of light mexican cheese blend, and some slices of avocado. Had a salad with light sour cream salsa dressing on the side (just mix together fat free sour cream and your favorite salsa. You can puree the salsa first if you want it smooth or add lime juice- delicious!).

Today I did good, I discovered a tasty new snack.. fresh green beans .. straight from the garden.

How did everybody else do?

Tommorrow is first weigh in!

Z

:party0002:How are we doing so far? OK?

I'm feeling really motivated right now.I just picked up an issue of Shape magazine. They even had some really good recipes near the back that I want to try out. Although I will never look like their models, I found it a pretty good read.

I am not sure if I can do this guys.4 times a week someone brings my family dinner because of my moms illness. It is not necessarily the healthiest either. This week for dinner I have had Chicken Pasties, Salmon, Mac and Cheese, and Pizza. I am also really stressed out in school right now because of my mom. I need to really work on my grades. I will update you guys later.

Hannah

For more info on my mom visit http://hbfriends.com/

Latest posts

Back