Today is the day.. anybody wanna join in?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent idea...I am for it .. but only if you feel up to it..no pressure people..

myheart wrote:
Would it help if we said a word or two about why some of usstopped our exercise programs? I mean, if we express what happened in the past (such as loss of significant other, job, pet, ect) maybe that could help us lend a hand to each to get over those hurdles for this "time around." Nothing too in depth because we don't want to pry into other's business, but many of us seem depressed or sad about recent events. Will this help to "move on" to some degree as well as enhance support?

myheart

My problem is not reaching my goal, it is continueing to exercise and eat right after I meet my goal. I will be going to the doctor soon and I will see what they say and let ya know what I need to do.

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Excellent idea...I am for it .. but only if you feel up to it..no pressure people..

myheart wrote:
Would it help if we said a word or two about why some of usstopped our exercise programs? I mean, if we express what happened in the past (such as loss of significant other, job, pet, ect) maybe that could help us lend a hand to each to get over those hurdles for this "time around." Nothing too in depth because we don't want to pry into other's business, but many of us seem depressed or sad about recent events. Will this help to "move on" to some degree as well as enhance support?

myheart

My problem is not reaching my goal, it is continueing to exercise and eat right after I meet my goal.
:yeahthat:Since I was almost to my goal when I went on vacation 6 weeks ago, I'm only off by about 8 lbs now. I'm hoping this will helpget me back on track. I find that I can do pretty well if I keep track of my food, (eat frequently but healthier and correct portions) and exercise more, even if it's just a 10 minute walk it will help! I will shoot for the 90-10% rule (and hopefully make it to 80-20%) and hope that if I'm good 90% of the time I can have my taco bell once in a while.

The minute I say "diet" I want food so I just have to say that I'm trying to be healthier and set a good example for my family.

I quit excercising when I got hurt 3 years ago and had neck surgery and I was afraid to do alot of the excercises that i Used to do because it hurts.. then I got depressed because i was out of work and I had nothing to do all day so i turned to food..Big mistake... I have a horrible sweet tooth.. it is going to be really hard to turn it down....

I wish everyone luck with their Diets/ excercise programs...

Goodluck everyone!

Count me in too! 15 pounds will be my goal. I lost like 20lb last year, I use to be a piggy. So if I lose my last bit of 15 pounds I'll be happy!

And Zin, that's a wonderful idea about the donation giftcard thing, it will help keep me motivated!

I am in . I am about 120 now. By the beggining of school next year i want to be at 100 and be able to keep the weight off. I am tired of everyone at school critisizing my body. It is time to show them! I want to lose alot during summer mostly. I have a goal!!

I know how I gained weight..

I've NEVER had to try to lose weight as I just never gained anything.. But upon turning 40 a couple of years back and my BF coming back from working overseas and we the "vacation/play time" we would have when he got a break and would come home was now 24/7 this was about 1.5 years ago and the weight just started to creep on..

At first it was kinda a novelty and I didn't mind, but I went to my Gyno and she weighed me one day and I was completely taken aback when the scale read 137... I've always weighed 108.. Yeegads.. So I thought at that time - just diet and I can drop it all in a month.. Nope didn't happen I actually gained2 more pounds!

So apparently your metabolism wans after 40.. Go figure.. So this is exactly what is needed.. I'm not so concerned about what weight I'm at as I just want to feel "good" about how I feel.. I have so many cute skinny clothes I'd like to wear again.. lol..

I stopped exercising a few years back because one of my friends told me that no matter how much I exercise, I will always have the same body shape. So I thought to myself, "I am putting myself through all of this even though my butt and thighs will always be 'fleshy'." So I stopped exercising and became a couch potato. :( Honestly, I think she was jealous because I had ads and she had kids... :D (no offense intended to those who have kids because I knowbaby weight is more difficult to lose, but whatever happened to being positive for another's accomplishments.)

I also losta few of my closest friends; one to suicide, one to lung cancer, and one because he thought our relationship changed too much (not so :(). I lost every one who supported the things I did and listened to my problems. I lost my network...

myheart

juliew19673 wrote:
So apparently your metabolism wans after 40.. Go figure.. So this is exactly what is needed.. I'm not so concerned about what weight I'm at as I just want to feel "good" about how I feel.. I have so many cute skinny clothes I'd like to wear again.. lol..

:yeahthat: Around 30 my butt fell... Around my 40-somethingbirthday, my thighs "expanded" to what they used to be prior to my intense work outs...The following birthday,the rest of me went to heck... I don't want to find out what happens on my next birthday!!!:( (Literally, on mybirthdays this stuff happened. How does my body know?!!! :dunno)

I want to be skinny again!!!!:cry1:

myheart

Geez.. this is..harder than I thought.

Rick and I have always wanted a little girl. What we have is 2 fathead boys. We tried several times.. many miscarriages.. then Blake.... then many many miscarriages, and finally Christian.

Along this journey.. we lost each other.. we seperated.. we almost got divorced, we dated others.

All this time I had irregular periods, cysts, endometriosis, dysplasia.. I was treated several times, but hesitated to have a hysterectomy because I did want a daughter.

After we had Christian, I got pregnant again..I was far enough along to find out it was a girl. I also contracted pneumonia and bronchitis. I had so much fluid on my lungs I wasn't even breathing on my own.

I almost died... my daughter never survived.

I got pregnant again in 2002, again a little girl, we made it to 7 months, and basically, I ran out of amniotic fluid. In a period of 24 hours. I went in for a normal doctor's visit, and no heartbeat.

After I lost that little one, I got on some heavy birthcontrol because frankly, my heart couldn't take another loss. I also became the most evil, hateful thing ever..depression meds did little for me.

I also was in massive amounts of pain in my female areas. I started breaking out really bad..and getting hair in places I shouldnt have hair. I went in to my OB/GYN on a Monday, the following Monday I was having a hysterectomy.

Then my treatments began.. my hair never really fell out.. but it did look like I had the mange. That really screwed with my vanity... the feeling of being a failure for not having a daughter screwed with my head. The hormone imbalance screwed with my weight.

I got better.. I got healthy, but I also got really fat. I have gotten quite a bit of it off, but I am stalled out 90lbs over my old self..

Jarred died, and I felt myself slipping back into the depression and grief, the same grief I felt over losing my daughters. So I got up this morning, set myself a goal, threw open the curtains, said "Ello World"..and started this thread. I figured if I was like this. theres got to be others who could benefit from the support..

This is obviously the abridged version.. I can't go into the details..

So that's my story.

I am so sorry to hear of all of your losses and heart ache. I don't have children and sometimes I wonder if I am missing out on something. My sistershad boys also, no girls. I understand how a little girl would make your heart happy, because my sisters talk about how much they would love to cuddle/spoil a baby girl. Babies, in general, are a blessing. Give your boys a hug and kiss for me because that is when I know that I am missing out on the best parts of having little ones.

myheart

myheart wrote:
I also losta few of my closest friends; one to suicide, one to lung cancer, and one because he thought our relationship changed too much (not so :(). I lost every one who supported the things I did and listened to my problems. I lost my network...
But NOW you have this network!!! I know what you mean about about how you can lose support as you get older - some people change in their 30's, 40 and 50's.. Its hard but you must muster on.. Girlfriends can be such smarmy friends from time.. Glad you want to sign up - it will be fun and I think (hope) will show us all that we can do something positive for ourselves and remind us that we need to be there as much for ourselves as for family, husbands, children, buns, etc..

GoinBackToCali wrote:
So I got up this morning, set myself a goal, threw open the curtains, said "Ello World"..and started this thread. I figured if I was like this. theres got to be others who could benefit from the support..

What is funny is I had been toying with doing the same type of thread for those who struggle with depression - I started planning it BEFORE I went home to mom's - then came home too depressed to do anything about it. I'm still struggling.

I think it is great that you have posted this thread and I really look forward to seeing the progress everyone makes (including myself).

I've never really been much for exercise ... my bad....I know. I did try Curves for a bit a few years ago ... but didn't follow through on it. I almost joined them last Friday - but I remember how intense the workouts were and I didn't want to spend $30 for a month of exercise when I really didn't feel I was ready (yet) for their program. Walking is free....I can do that.

I've always been a "big girl". I've worn the same size now for over 12 years though(something I shared with my mom when I was home and she was criticizing me for my weight). I'll share my weight - I'm 259 right now...my highest I've ever been was 278. I'm size 22/24. I'm 5'4"....so I should obviously be a lot smaller.

My goal is to get down to 185 and stay there. I know - that's still higher than what the charts say I should be....but when I was hospitalized for a month...had two surgeries for gall bladder issues (and complications)....and came out looking way way way too thin for my body....I was at 185. Right - after a month of barely eating and 2 surgeries....you read that right. I figure I will aim to get there and then keep the weight off from that point on by weighing myself every day and not letting myself go above 190 before I either add more exercise or cut back on the food. Also - if as I get down close to that weight - I start to look really bad....then I'll let myself weigh a bit more. But I figure 185 will be a good goal for me to start with.

Of course there is no way I will reach that by September...but that is ok. I want to average losing 8 pounds per month (2 pounds per week roughly) because I know that it is best to take the weight off slowly if you want to keep it off.

Anyway - that is my goal. I'm going to make some mini goals for myself later this week - like walking every day and doing facials every day...stuff I want to do for me...

And Zin - as you know - like you - I've struggled. I may not have felt like a failure for not having a daughter - but there have been times when I've felt like a failure as a parent and as a wife....and I've let myself go 'cause I don't deserve any better. I also let go of any dreams I had for myself and now I find myself wondering..."Who do I want to be when I grow up? What do I want to do?" Looks like losing weight will be the first thing on the list - and I may even get enough self confidence to go back to my writing...someday.

Almost 3 years ago I was down to about 130, now I weight probably 165. I would like to lose 30-40lbs. It is getting hot here this summer and being chubby and trying to wear less clothing is not very comfortable...at all. I feel like a fat pig :grumpy:.

My issue...I work 9-10 hour days...in a chair. By the time I get home from work...it's way too dark out to walk because I'll get eaten by moutain lions.

I love chocolate, probably eat 2lbs of it a month, no joke.

Ahem....I am in. I need to try...It's tough when you go into a fitting room and every thing looks nasty on your body, bleh.

I had Taco Bell cheapo tacos for dinner tonght, but I swear I'll start healthy tomorrow :). I'm cutting out ALL chocolate, drinking only water, and cutting out meat (which I have been wanting to do forever).

Great idea, Zin :biggrin2:!

I just want to commend you all for trying this! You are all such wonderful people, I want you to reach your goals! What a great community to try it in! Thanks,for starting this for Mods and Members alike-Whoohoo:)!

Bless you guys and I pray you get to your goal weights.

I, myself, need to at least exercise! Played Wii last night and feel so sore today:shock:! Tells you how out of shape I'm in:?.

Thanks for creating this thread, Zin!:hug:

AHHH hahahaa!

I dog sat for a lady with a Beagle for 3 days last month and she seriously gave me pepper spray and a blow horn for when I walked her dog down the road :craziness.

For reals...big javalinas, mountain lions, and wicked odd coyotes right in my back yard. Ew, tarantulas are coming out now, too.

I guess floor exercises will do just fine :nod. Lift a leg, lift an arm, repeat.....while watching HGTV.

Latest posts

Back