Today is the day.. anybody wanna join in?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admit I haven't checked in and have been avoid this thread because I've GAINED weight in the last week. I'm blaming too much work stress. I really need to get a grip and stop eating junk at work.

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr Phil proclaimed, 'The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished.'

So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off

a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a bottle of Kalhua, a package of Oreo's, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now!'

Please pass this on to those ! whom yo u think might be in need of inner peace.
:p

juliew19673 wrote:

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr Phil proclaimed, 'The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished.'

So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off

a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a bottle of Kalhua, a package of Oreo's, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates.

I LOVE THIS!! :biggrin2:lol

I have lost a total of 8 pounds since this started....I am dying to weigh myself tomorrow.

Now that I'm working outside the home so much - and on my feet a lot - I bet I'll be losing even more weight.

weigh in day people!

i have lost another 1.2 pounds. . . for a total weight loss during this thing of

. . . . 10 pounds!!!!!

so i only have another 10 pounds to lose before reaching my first goal!!!!

i am so excited!!!!! i look and feel great!

okay, i gotta get to work now!

Back up to 163, so I gained 3 back. But I did go on vacation all last week, so I guess that's not too bad. I'm sorry, but I can't diet on vacation. I did try to watch what I ate, but there were also cakes, candies, and campfire smores around. Who could resist? I think the alcohol I drank did me in as well.

Started up my diet again yesterday.

I'm also just got of some pretty crappy meds right now for my PCOS.

Hopefully I'll have better news this friday...:). For now, sleep!

juliew19673 wrote:

:roflmao:

:laugh:

Pipp wrote:
juliew19673 wrote:

:roflmao:

:nonoOn another note, I've not lost a thing and I haven't really been working on it so I really have to get back on the bandwagon here. I've been making excuses about things being too stressful to diet and exercise properly but I know if I start exercising, everything will fall into place. Now, I just have to do it. Maybe this month's Shape magazine is out and I'll pick it up. I always find it inspiring.

I gained a lb. from 163 last Saturday to 164 today. :sigh: It is harder to lose weight w/ PCOS I guess. I guess I'm going to have to work 2x as hard as I used to.

KIRST3BUNS
:nonoOn another note, I've not lost a thing and I haven't really been working on it so I really have to get back on the bandwagon here. I've been making excuses about things being too stressful to diet and exercise properly but I know if I start exercising, everything will fall into place. Now, I just have to do it. Maybe this month's Shape magazine is out and I'll pick it up. I always find it inspiring.

But your THINKING about it and I feel this is the GREAT thing about this thread! Your going to pickup Shape magazine and perhaps you will do something to better yourself.. Not everyone is going to sign up for the gym memborship, but perhaps we will think differently about some of our choices for food and/or take that walk...

Good for you!

A little late i know, but I'd like to join this thread.

Firstly this:

"So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a bottle of Kalhua, a package of Oreo's, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates.

Please pass this on to those ! whom yo u think might be in need of inner peace. :p"

made me laugh.

It reminded me of theclassic dieter's logic I used to employ: Eat/drink all the tempting stuff in the house, so then it will be gone and you won't (in theory) blow your diet the next day.

Oh ****, have got to go now for an emergency dentist's appointment. Will have to finish my thread intro post tomorrow probably.

Have a good Saturday however you will be spending it :)

Jo xx

Well, i've been avoiding this thread like the plague, but now i think its time i stood up, raised by hand and said 'I am Fran, and i have a Nice'n'Spicy Nik Nak crisp problem'.

I've always been overweight, so for me i don't know what it is like to feel thin, or at least slim, which i think makes it harder. Also, its difficult to change a lifetime of the same thing.

My current weight is 14 stone 6 pounds (thats 202 pounds, how awful!) Of course my target weight would be something silly like 9 stone, (a stone is 14 pounds) but i don't want to set my standards to high! :D So maybe i will say, i want to lose 7 pounds a month, thats half a stone. Does that sound too aggressive? I know the heavier you are the more you will lose in one 'go'.

I'm going to try and join the gym when cash flow permits, but i'm also going to try cycling around a bit more and maybe digging out the old Davina McCall workout DVDs. We have a stepper thing too so i will try to have a go on that at least every other day, and see how many steps i can do.

From now onwards i am officially cutting out bread, which is my biggest weigt-gainer food. I lose weight best on lots of meat oddly, rather than lots of pasta and rice dishes. I'm going to try to stick to things like salmon and new potatoes with salad, or beef steak or chicken.

It feels so nice to be able to just write down all my 'plans' but in a way that someone will actually read.

I'm very scared, i started so many diets that have never gone anywhere. I must believe in myself!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

pinksalamander wrote:
Well, i've been avoiding this thread like the plague, but now i think its time i stood up, raised by hand and said 'I am Fran, and i have a Nice'n'Spicy Nik Nak crisp problem'.

I've always been overweight, so for me i don't know what it is like to feel thin, or at least slim, which i think makes it harder. Also, its difficult to change a lifetime of the same thing.

My current weight is 14 stone 6 pounds (thats 202 pounds, how awful!) Of course my target weight would be something silly like 9 stone, (a stone is 14 pounds) but i don't want to set my standards to high! :D So maybe i will say, i want to lose 7 pounds a month, thats half a stone. Does that sound too aggressive? I know the heavier you are the more you will lose in one 'go'.

I'm going to try and join the gym when cash flow permits, but i'm also going to try cycling around a bit more and maybe digging out the old Davina McCall workout DVDs. We have a stepper thing too so i will try to have a go on that at least every other day, and see how many steps i can do.

THIS is the great thing about this THREAD.. You are able to look at where "YOU" can make a difference.. Love this thread - its made me get up and DO something when I was not entertaining the thought -AS welll as made me, think of doing SOMETHING for myself that I would not have entertained previously.. So I felt slightly "self-indulgent" in the begining" but am now thinking "why did I not consider myself first" and having alll sorts of freedom in my minds eye (working it out to my actuall life, but still feeling more empowered (sp?) for it.

Another great benefit of this thread is that i might not actuallu forget i am on a diet, which happens alot. Like now, i compltley forgot that 'today is the day' for me.

Steady weightloss means weight is more likely to stay off and also that you feel less deprived of food. "Everything in moderation" might be better for mental and physical health than those "Lose five pounds in 5 days because you are starving" diets.

This weight history is rather long. Feel free to skip to the 'CURRENTLY.....' section near the bottom.

I'm very tall (6ft 2")and was quite slim until the end of my first year at university. I gained a weight on a typical student diet. That summer I I acknowledged the depression I'd had since I was 16 (directly related to my Mum dying then). Prozac made me feel too unwell to eat much while my body got used to it, so I lost the stone (14 pounds) I'd gained.

However acknowledging the depression and seeking help for it did not make it magically go away. For the next year, my weight gradually crept back up by 12lbsthen stayed stable. It was in the next year (my second attempt at year 2 of my degree course that it really climbed. Put together trying to releive depression with lots of nice food and a student diet involving lots of takeaway meals, convenience meals and cheese toasties and its a recepie for weight gain. How did I afford it? Well unlike many students, I rarely drank ;)

In August 2002 I hit my highest weight and finally got the motivation to do something about it. I lost about 11 pounds through genuinely trying to eat healthily. In the September I became severely depressed which limited my appetite. I tried to stick with eating healthily and weight fell off me quite quickly. By May 2003 I was 10 stone 4lbs. I stayed that weight for months untilOct 03 except for a short dip down to 10 stone/140lbs right before I went back to university in Septto complete my final year. I suppose Igained back what Americans call the 'Freshman 15' except I was a lot closer to graduation.

CURRENTLY....
About 11 stone 4 (158lbs) at 6ft 2". Not overweight but I want to be thinnerand fitter soneed to makebetter food choices and get more exercise.

Not eating much today only because I have a sore toothless hole in my gum.

I really should have planned out my food better!

To be honest, my diet is already crap, so when i say what i've eaten, it may seem really awful, but its better than what i have been eating!

Breakfast - none i couldn't find any!
Lunch - prawn salad and watermelon
Dinner - Cottage Pie

I need more healthy snacks around the house. Tomorrow is school so i am dreading what i will eat then. I'm going to try to go to Sainsburys every lunch and buy a mixed salad. They have a salad bar so i can get some nice pasta along with a small pot of fruit for puds!

Latest posts

Back