Today is the day.. anybody wanna join in?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bump:bump:bump:bump:bump

how has everyone been doing? it is friday, and that means weigh in day!!!

i have been sooo bad this week, eating basically whatever i want, and well, have managed to gained back a pound!!!!

jcl_24 wrote:
CURRENTLY....
About 11 stone 4 (158lbs) at 6ft 2". Not overweight but I want to be thinnerand fitter soneed to makebetter food choices and get more exercise.

Not eating much today only because I have a sore toothless hole in my gum.

At 158 and 6.2 sounds awfully skinny.. Becareful and try to make sure your not trying to lose "depression" by controlling your weight.. Ihad a bit of go with anorexicia when I was in myteens/20's and showed up again in my 30'sand know how easy it is to "control your mood" by controlling your weight. I may be completely wrong but am just concerned..

I don't think I've lost a pound since this thread but have felt much better w/myself in doing more in my life (getting out and trying to push myself).. So YaY thread!

Julie,
Rest assured I am not extremely skinny. I've weighed less than I do now and yes, wanted to get lower, but my eatingnow is normal plus extra chocolate. It's the "extra chocolate" I would like to trim down the quanitity of in particular.

Down about two pounds so far. I do well for a few days then slip back into old habits. Consistency is the key to exercise and healthy eating I gather, just need to out it into practise!

On the plus side, I've been getting some exercise trying to mow and shear my family's wildy overgrown, quite large back garden into shape. An hour of that is as effective as a gym workout I can tell you :)

Stick with your goals all, you'll acheive them.

Jo xx

TARGET WEIGH IN DAY COMIN UP ON JULY 15TH!!

$25 RO DONATION IN YOUR NAME AND A $25 WAL-MART GIFT CARD TO THE WINNER!!!

HONOR SYSTEM PEOPLE!!

well, i am not even going to weigh in for this friday, auntie flo would be visiting, and my weight is always up this time of the month

I gained 1....

But I did lose 5 in the first week so i guess its kinda making up for that.

And we all know i'm just saying this to make myself feel better... :D

Although, i have a new 'passion' to want to lose weight. There is this little Boutique clothes shop in town called Taboo. They have such gorgeous clothes. For the next month EVERYTHING is down to £10 or under! I just bought a fantastic little chiffon frilly dress, it would have been like £45 in Topshop or £35 on ASOS and it was only £9.99! Its a bit tight, so i need to lose some chubb so i can go and buy all their lovely clothes!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I just made this at a friends house and thought i'd share it on here. It was so tasty, and i think its pretty healthy. Salmon Fishcakes with Red Onion and Lemon Salad. The amount of some of the ingredients will depend on how many you are cooking for.

Ingredients:

Salmon Fillets
Potatoes
1 Egg
1 Lemon
Round Lettuce
1 Red Onion
2 Tomatoes
Pepper, Salt
Half a cucumber
Olive Oil

1. Peel and chop potatoes. Cook on hob until soft enough to mash
2. In the last 5 minutes of cooking the potatoes (which take around 20 minutes depending on how small the pieces are) steam salmon fillets in a metal colander over a pan of boiling water.
3. Once done, mash the potatoes (you can add a little butter if you are feeling naughty), and remove the skin from the salmon.
4. Flake the salmon, mix with the potato, along with some very finely chopped red onion (only a small amount needed), 1 egg, lemon zest and pepper to taste.
5. Preheat oven to 180-200.
6. Roll the mixture into small balls, drizzle a little olive oil on each side, and also spread some on a baking tray. Place each fishcake on the baking tray.
7. Sprinkle with pepper.
8. Cook in oven for 30 minutes until the outside starts to brown.

While you are cooking the fishcakes you can prepare the salad, which is the two tomatoes, the leftover red onion, round lettuce and sliced cucumber. You can use a quarter of the lemon over the salad (or more, depending on how big the salad is). Serve it with the fishcakes when done. You can add some dijon mustard or sour cream to dip the fishcakes in or you can squeeze the remainder of the lemon over the fishcakes.

I have to say this meal was so lovely, i don't usually like salad, but the lemon over it made it just so tasty. It doesn't look much on the plate but it seriously fills you up.

Plus i should add that this entire meal, which made 8 fishcakes, cost less than £5 in the supermarket. I got the recipe of the Sainsburys website. The salmon was the most expensive at £2.50 but everything else was so cheap.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Hey Zin, has the target weigh-in date been moved or did you forget about the people that actually tried to get weight off before July 15th. I wish I could say I have lost enough to participate and cross my fingers to win. I just don't have it in me to remain consistent this time around. In need of more inspiration: I know what I want, but just don't see it as an obtainable goal. :(Not sure what to do anymore....

myheart

I've actually lost 2.5 lbs since we started - which I'm actually surprised at. I'm not the "winner" here but am VERY happy Zin that you started this thread that got me off my 43 year old butt and got moving again.. Perhaps I can actually regain the "mini-skirt" figure that alluded me the last year..

I'm down 9.8 pounds. Not bad - not what I'd hoped for though.

I think though with working - instead of losing weight like I'd hoped...I'm building muscle....

or something like that.

well, i am more then happy to say that i am 13 pounds lighter then before!!!!!

didn't lose the full 20 pounds i wanted, but i will drop it, i think by the end offall i can lose 27 pounds which would put me at my target!!!

I've only lost 2 pounds since my starting point...:(

I need to get more serious. Me and my grandpa have been walking 2 miles everyday for the past two weeks. I hope this helps because we are gonna keep doing it.

Latest posts

Back