Thought I'd resurrect the RO pregnancy thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becknutt wrote:
The initial 1 hour one. I hope I don't have to do thelonger one!
Sending good, 1-hour glucose test wishes your way! :) Hopefully, you don't need to go in for the other one (I don't know how that works, but hopefully you can stay away!). :) :clover:

DeniseJP wrote:
Congrats! My babies are 19 and almost 18 and I miss the "baby days."

Denise

Really? My 17 month old has been waking up between 5-5:30 most mornings this week.

Just kidding though because they are precious, although exhausting.

kherrmann3 wrote:
Becknutt wrote:
The initial 1 hour one. I hope I don't have to do thelonger one!
Sending good, 1-hour glucose test wishes your way! :) Hopefully, you don't need to go in for the other one (I don't know how that works, but hopefully you can stay away!). :) :clover:
Thanks! I did not have the test at my appointment today, but tomorrow morning I have to go into the lab to have it done. They ordered me not to eat any sugar in the morning. No juice, no fruit...so I guess I'm left with toast for breakfast. :?Probably a good thing, I've been eating toaster waffles for breakfast. That has been a major craving the past week or so.

I ran into a photographer this morning and she was offering free newborn shots for moms expecting baby girls, if we allow her to share them in her portfollio. I thought that sounded great and when I went to sign up she told me she was also looking for a family to allow her to shoot the birth. (Nothing graphic, just photos of the event.) I'm not sure how I feel about those photos being shared. I did ask her to email me some samples done by other photographers but just showing the type of shots.

Has anyone ever done this? Advice?

I have not done it, but I have shot for family members and friends under this scenario.

Typically those types of pictures are what you would see in the movie scenes where a woman is giving birth (not any of the graphic ones, don't think "Knocked Up"). Since it's a very private, personal event, normally the photos are simply candids. Whether they are inside the delivery room or not is your call, of course. I would mostly expect pics of nervous dad, mom smiling gallantly. People waiting anxiously in the waiting room, someone coming out and shouting "It's a *gender*!" The parents' first picture with the new baby, new baby with gramma and grandpa, siblings, Godparents, good friends, the doctor/nurses/midwives/what have you. Baby being weighed and their feet printed. Mom being wheeled out of the hospital, parents being instructed about car seats. That sort of stuff.

Is the photographer working on a project with a set sort of vision? The nature of what she needs for her project will naturally influence what the pictures are of and how they are shot. She should have a pretty good idea of what she wants, and she should be able to tell you what kinds of photos she would like.

One of my sisters was going to have her hippy-friend do pictures like that for them. Sadly, my nephew came a week or so early, and her friend was out of town on funeral leave. The pictures that her friend had done previously were lovely. I saw two or three sets of pictures from previous families she had photographed. I think, if the lady doesn't freak you out (and you can tell her when she can come in the room, etc.), it would be a good idea. :)

SunnyCait wrote:
I have not done it, but I have shot for family members and friends under this scenario.

Typically those types of pictures are what you would see in the movie scenes where a woman is giving birth (not any of the graphic ones, don't think "Knocked Up"). Since it's a very private, personal event, normally the photos are simply candids. Whether they are inside the delivery room or not is your call, of course. I would mostly expect pics of nervous dad, mom smiling gallantly. People waiting anxiously in the waiting room, someone coming out and shouting "It's a *gender*!" The parents' first picture with the new baby, new baby with gramma and grandpa, siblings, Godparents, good friends, the doctor/nurses/midwives/what have you. Baby being weighed and their feet printed. Mom being wheeled out of the hospital, parents being instructed about car seats. That sort of stuff.

Is the photographer working on a project with a set sort of vision? The nature of what she needs for her project will naturally influence what the pictures are of and how they are shot. She should have a pretty good idea of what she wants, and she should be able to tell you what kinds of photos she would like.
Thank you for the advice! The samples she sent me were very much like you describe, and I suppose I could tell her ahead of time that I would rather she takes pics of everyone else than me! Maybe a before and after and thats it. I generally don't like having my picture taken anyway, but I would love to save that moment forever.

Becky i think that would be a WONDERFUL idea, i wish i would have had professional pics of the birth, they are great things to look back on. As long there are no Hoo Hoo shots,lol.

Yay!! Another girl!! :pinkbouce:

I've been nervous lately about mine being wrong...I have NOTHING that could possibly be considered gender neutral. It's ALL pink, pink, and more pink! But I hope 3 seperate Dr's telling me it's a girl, I'm safe.

naturestee wrote:
Congrats! I can't wait to find out about my little bugger!

I'll cross my fingers for a GIRL!! Wouldn't that be great if we all had girls?? How far along are you now? I paid $50 to find out at 15 weeks, and then used the Dr's ultrasound at 20wks as confirmation.

Is anyone going to do the 3d/4d ultrasound? I wish I could afford it! I got a sneak peak of my girls face when I was in the hospital last week (I hada sinus infection, and ended up having a terrible reaction to the antibiotics.Baby is fine! They ran MANY MANY tests) and it was fantastic to see what actually looks like a baby now. Perfect little nose, little lips, she yawned when we were watching her. One of the tests they ran was an in depth ultrasound where they had to see eachpart move twice. Each arm, leg, etc. and the spine had to flex twice, head move twice. It was really an experiance. I tried to get the tech to tell me if she was still a girl, and he wouldn't. He said the hospital is not allowed to tell you gender even just a guess because they were sued in the past. Can you believe someone would sue the hospital because they told them the wrong sex? That seems absurd to me! It's all a guessing game. He told me that Brittany Spears sued a Dr. for that also. I guess her 2nd was supposed to be a girl. She sued for $2 million to replace all the girly things with boy items. They didn't give me a printout picture this time either...which was disappointing but at that moment I was just happy to hear she was ok! Things were really nervous because the meds had made her so drowsy I wasn't feeling movement.They gave me a differant antibiotic and all is well now.

I'm almost 17 weeks. I'm curious but no big rush. I'll be getting the big ultrasound done soon anyway!

Oh, and I'm going maternity clothes shopping with my mom this weekend. It will be nice to have clothes that fit, I just hope I can find enough shirts that fit a G cup!:shock:

How are you guys doing with weight? I didn't gain any until the last few weeks which made my doctor suspicious (I eat lots, I swear!), but now I'm up about 2-3 lbs since the beginning of September.

Babies are sooo cute!
I mentioned the word "baby" to my hubby the other day and that was it!
he like pretty much ran away from me lol

oh well....
But i really do want one SO bad!

Latest posts

Back