The Stee's Stable

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They ate a little more last night, and are giving me the butt as much as they can. My imitation of Fey:

"Ugghhh, I feel awful! Wait, is that pumpkin? MaybeI can handle just a lick. Okay maybe a fewmouthfuls. I really feel bad- but is that oats?Mmmmm. Got any more?":p

The vet gave them a 12 hour painkiller and wanted us to call him ifthey seem really bad after it's gone. As much as I'd like togive them more, I probably won't. It'll be more stress onthem then it's worth, unless they really need it. But theyseem okay considering.

naturestee wrote:
"Ugghhh, I feel awful! Wait, is thatpumpkin? Maybe I can handle just a lick. Okay maybea few mouthfuls. I really feel bad- but is thatoats? Mmmmm. Got any more?":p

:laugh: That's adorable!

Glad to hear they're doing well.

-Carolyn

Your bunnies are SOadorable! I'm glad the surgeries went well and they'realready eating. Must be all those goodies you're temptingthem with. :)

They're doing great! Thanks forasking. They are now allowed to play like normal. Ihad been only letting them into a tiny part of the room while I cleanedtheir cage. Well, Sunday night Fey decided she was sick of itand jumped the 26 inch plywood barrier... and landed right next toMocha! *eek!* Luckily I was right there and Iscooped Fey up and popped her back in her cage before anythinghappened. Naughty girl, she wasn't supposed to be jumpingyet, and that was a lot of jump for a little bun!

How 'bout some pictures then? These are all post-spay on the Ladies.

fabfc2.jpg

Fey: Lemme alone! A lady needs her beauty sleep!

fabfia.jpg

Sprite

fabgww.jpg

Sprite loves me! She's actually letting me pet her a little before she runs away!:D

fabh42.jpg

Fey in a mid-air binky. Can you see what I mean about too much jumping going on around here???

fabhg0.jpg

And a nice side profile of Sprite. She seems too arched for a hotot, doesn't she?

Hello all!

I'm just letting you know that I'm probably not going to be aroundmuch. James and I are pretty much having our lives turnedupside down- mostly in a good way. I start a new job onSunday. I finally got a job in a place where I actually wantto live, instead of in the middle of Milwaukee. The drivetime, ghettos, and basic big city yuckiness were getting tome. James will be starting a new job too, but it's only parttime so he will be working three different part-time jobs at the sametime. Oh, and my job is 12 hour long 3rd shift. SoI'll have more days off, but when I work I'll come home dead to theworld.

Now that I'm working in an area where I want to be, James and I arebuying a house. I'm so excited! We close (get thekeys) on December 30th, so it's like a late Christmas/ early birthdaypresent for me. We were planning on waiting till spring so wecould have a bigger down payment, but this was too good to passup. So we are, as James says, going to be "college poor" inJanuary from paying rent and mortgage at the same time. Andthe buns will finally be able to play with us in the living room,making it so much easier for us to spend time with them. Ifwe can get them completely bonded, we might try letting them have therun of their bedroom while we're not home and letting them play in theliving room while we are home.

The beasties are all doing well. They're a little frustatedbecause I haven't had as much time for them lately. I'm goingto start bonding all four of them together sometime in the next week ortwo. House stuff, gun deer season, and Thanksgiving have allcombined to prevent me from starting yet. James is, as Itype, out hunting with his family on his dad's farm. I'drather just eat it, thank you very much.

Angela

Woohoo Angela,

Congratulations on the new job, new house and new life, it sounds soexciting. I hope it all works out for you, things may take a while 'tilyou get into a routine a little bit but then you'll do fine, you'llfloat through.

Take care of yourselves and the bunnies and everyone and most importantly enjoy it!!:D

I just downloaded some pictures from a week ago,when Fey was still well. It was laundry day, and the buns hada blast digging and playing in the clean clothes and blankets.

hwk45d.jpg

Sprite likes to push her front feet down and use her hind legs to scoot all over the bed.

hwk4kx.jpg

The pre-chinning sniff from Sprite.

hwk4t0.jpg

Fey digging at the bed.

hwk66a.jpg

Fey: I told you not to take pictures of me without my makeup! (That eye has almost no black around it).

hwk6ko.jpg

Loki says "Huh?"

hwk6r7.jpg

Happy dig-but!

hwk747.jpg

Mocha looks stuck.

hwk76a.jpg

What- I wasn't digging!

Well, we're in our new (and first!:D) house, soit's time for pics of the buns checking everything out! Idon't have any of Fey and Sprite yet. The buns weren'tallowed in the living room in the apartment, so even the furniture isnew to them.

k0lp2h.jpg

k0lpgj.jpg

Ah yes, new territory for me to pee on. Um, claim.:embarrassed:

k0lq52.jpg

For humans: movies. For rabbits: menu!

k0lqg0.jpg

Mocha's new hangout.

Congrats on the new house....isn't it awonderful feeling? We bought ours last May....of course -those mortgage payments can hurt at first if you still have rent to paytoo!

I hope the buns like the house as much as y'all do....and that you get time to spend with them in spite of your "new" job..

Peg

Yay! I've been hoping for an update from you for a while :). This is such a cute one of Mocha:

k0lqg0.jpg

Congrats on your new house. Can't wait to see how Fey and Sprite like it. Did you ever get them bonded again?

Congrats! Isn't it fun to watch your buns discover new territory?

I can't wait until we buy our first house!

After unpacking, you will have lots of empty cardboard boxes for more bunny playplaces.

Yeah, I'm having lots of fun watching themexplore- they're so cautious! Mocha is totally in love withthe couch. She spent half an hour on it last night, justrunning back and forth and looking around.

Jordiwes, Fey and Sprite are not yet bonded. We pick them upand hold them together in our arms to make them snuggle, but I'mnervous to put them on the floor yet. I'm waiting forSprite's fur to grow back from her spay so it'll protect her skin in afight. I don't think Fey would have gotten hurt so badly ifshe had all her fur protecting her. Fey's fur is almosttotally grown back now. Waiting for fur to grow on Sprite isworse than watching grass grow!

Latest posts

Back