The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww I think we need a picture of Howard! ... I can't quite picture him and I really really want to see this adorable-ness!

Our neighbors had rabbits too... That now live loose in the back yard. So at least your neighbor is taking proper care of him.

:O

I think he needs to come live with me then. Definitely. Him and Kerensa. .... Bunnynap list has been updated. :p

Seeing nethies makes me want one so badly, one of my first rabbits was a ND and she was such a character. Little spitfires! But two is definitely my limit, so. Ho hum. Maybe one day.

Ha, my limit continues to increase! I don't look at Petfinder or Craigslist anymore because no good can come of it. But if Howard ever needs a new home, we'll be there for him. He was seriously adorable, if that isn't clear yet. He was a bit high strung like Dwarfies seem to sometimes be but he was quite sweet. My first bunny was a sable marten Dwarf so of course I have a great big soft spot for them!

Oh yeah and I joked with her about letting Howard and Kerensa meet. The babies would be unstoppable in their cuteness! She actually wants them to have babies now but of course I'm not going to do that :) It is cute to think about though.

Forgot something else! A classmate of mine this summer said her roommate had the cutest bunny named Howard and that she didn't take good care of him :( She said she took care of the bunny instead of the actual owner and that the roommate was about to move out. I wonder if it's the same Howard!

Okay, how funny is this- I talked to my classmate today and it IS the same Howard! She even had some pictures of him on her cell phone. She was very happy to know that Howard got a good home and said her friend ditched Howard so she could get 2 ferrets instead :( Poor little man.

Seriously, though, how likely is that in a town of 30,000 people? It's like with Ned... We saw him on Petfinder and Paul said no, but about a month later we got a call from a friend asking if we wanted a bunny that his other friend didn't want. That bunny was of course our Neddo.

Whoa that's super weird!! But the world has a way of working that way, that's for sure. I once saw a really old, HUGE man rat in a horrible baitshop, and I had felt so badly for days for not getting him... When I took my rabbits to this lady while I was in college, she showed me her other pets... Including the very same man rat! And this was two months after I had seen him in the baitshop.

Now I just really really need pics of Howard, Shiloh. :p

Cait, I'll try to get some pictures if we bunnysit him or something. I'd feel pretty weird traipsing over there with a camera and asking to take a picture :D The owner expressed an interest in letting Howard play in our bunny play pen (in our yard) next summer. There's a couple inches of snow on the ground but it isn't too cold yet, perhaps I'll invite Howard and his owner over so Howard can play in the snow! Then get pictures then, muahaha :D

SnowyShiloh wrote:
How silly is this, I'm still thinking about Howard! He was SO CUTE! With his stumpy little ears and his wiggly nose and his chocolatey color... I held him for a good half hour and he was just so adorable. Kind of antsy but a sweet boy for sure and very licky. It's nice to have a bunny loving neighbor!
Are we going to hear on the news about a bunny napping in Alaska?

You might, Dave! He was soooo cute! For some reason having 7 bunnies seems like a LOT more than 6 though, I don't know. I doubt the landlord would be happy but who knows. So weird, on the one hand I WANT HOWARD and on the other hand I really hope that doesn't happen because we would have a pretty hard time finding a new apartment if the landlord didn't accept us having so many bunnies.

8 is a lot! 7 is a lot! I would say don't. :( We are thinking of kids and moving. Yea the bunnies are the biggest issue which is why we stopped fostering, and are not adding more till whatever we currently has passed. The lizards are easy to move and easy to care for. The dog is just the one. Bunnies require more time and attention. :(

Cait, you would looove him. Such a cutie pie!

My bunnies are so funny. When I put food in Kerensa's bowl, she's apparently incapable of just eating out of the bowl like a normal bunny. Instead she has to hop frantically all around the bowl, trying to find the PERFECT angle of attack before she'll eat! I don't know why she does this. Thought maybe her ears get in the way, but they don't drag in the bowl or anything. Silly girl!

So last night I was feeding everyone and had just put the food in Kerensa's bowl. She was doing her regular crazy food dance and I was kind of teasing her for being dumb as I opened the door to Ned's cage. He was pretty eager about dinner and fell out the door after I opened it! Then this afternoon he was trying to bite a toilet paper tube I gave him the other day (I'd stuffed it with hay) but instead of grabbing it by the end, he was trying to bite the middle. Of course his little mouth is too small so it was just like chomp... chomp... chomp... about 30 times before he figured out that he could pick it up by the end.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
My bunnies are so funny. When I put food in Kerensa's bowl, she's apparently incapable of just eating out of the bowl like a normal bunny. Instead she has to hop frantically all around the bowl, trying to find the PERFECT angle of attack before she'll eat! I don't know why she does this. Thought maybe her ears get in the way, but they don't drag in the bowl or anything. Silly girl!
Gabriel does that. :biggrin:

Kerensa's not the only one then, Ali :D At least he kinda seems to have an excuse because of the head tilt!

Speaking of head tilt, Nedders is doing great. No sign of head tilt. I'm so glad he's better and didn't have any permanent tilt. Obviously we'd still love him the same either way but I'm just glad he's fine. How sad looking would a tilted one eared bunny be?

Also, I got Howard pictures :D The neighbor brought him over to play in our bunny yard. Here he is, he is SO CUTE!

IMG_7333.jpg

You can kind of see it in this picture, he has some white hairs on his lips. Makes it even harder to resist smooching him:

IMG_7330cropped.jpg

Diggin' in the snow:

IMG_7338.jpg

Washin' his face after all the diggin':

IMG_7341.jpg

His owner may be going out of town on Saturday and I may get to babysit Howard for a whole week! Her boyfriend will be staying home but she doesn't know if he's up to taking care of Howard. I love Howard and we have the perfect place to put his cage if he stays with us for the week.

Isn't he adorable?! He's even cuter in real life and a slightly lighter brown color. If we babysit him I might have a really hard time giving him back :D And he really had fun in the snow so I don't think he actually wants to move to California :D How in the world could two previous owners have gotten tired of him?! He's so cute and so sweet. His owner said he's MUCH better with the litter box too since I told her how to set it up!

Latest posts

Back