The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much of an update! Paul and I are visiting my family in Seattle right now and the bunnies and birds are being cared for by my friend who is a vet tech. We'll be home on Monday. I miss the bunnies like crazy and can't decide who to hug first! Rory is my best snuggle buddy but he tends to be mad at me when I leave so I may have to wait a few more days to hug him :D

We're back home! It felt like I was gone for a long time. Mabel was sneezing some this afternoon but didn't have a runny nose, but Kerensa and Phoebe Mae did/do have slight runny noses. It was pretty warm today and both girls were acting hot and are both suddenly molting so I think the runny noses were likely from being warm. We opened up all the windows and put a fan in the door to cool down the living room and they seem to be doing better.

Nedder is pretty much the same except while he was gone he unfortunately decided he hates his medicine. This is bad because you have to fight to get him to take it which is highly unpleasant for everyone involved and the medicine gets everywhere. It needs to all get in HIM! Poor guy. I feel like a huge meanie making him take it :(

My friend and her boyfriend who were bunny sitting are completely smitten with Maximus. Apparently Phoebe Mae and Kerensa were very shy and didn't want to be petted by the strangers but Max was all over them. He's such a friendly bunny! His testicles also descended while I was gone so it's time for a neuter soon!

I accidentally left my carry on bag at my mother's house and realized it was missing when we got to the airport (miscommunication, Paul packed all the bags in the car except my carry on and I thought he had put it in already). My camera was in the carry on. My mother is going to mail the stuff to me but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I can take pictures!

We had a good trip but I'm glad to be back home with my bun buns :)

Agh! I miss my camera! It's so weird not being able to take pictures, especially of the bun buns. The babies have grown and I want to share!

Nedders is clearly doing better than he was a couple weeks ago. He seems to be at about 95% as far as the tilt goes which is good. He has about 10 days left of his current antibiotic and 2 more Pen G injections (just got one on Wednesday night) so we will see what needs to happen after that. Good news is the other bunnies seem fine now, no runny noses or anything. I think I was right about it being from the heat (and when I say HEAT I mean like 78 degrees!). Also Paul and I figured out that if we set Ned on a towel on the table and Paul holds onto his butt/back legs, we can get the medicine into him much faster with less waste and less drama.

Awww! I'm sure the buns are glad that you're back home too! I wanna see some pictures of those babies as soon as you get your camera shipped back to you!

And 79 degrees?! I cannot WAIT for our Phoenix, Arizona winters of that temperature. These 118 degree days are killing me! Trade-ja! :D

I bet it gets cold there, though! My husband and I agree that we would both rather have miserably cold winters and nice summers than have miserably hot summers and nice winters. Yuck! This heat sucks! We've never lived anywhere where it gets extreeeemely cold either though, so who knows what we would *really* prefer. ;P

Meg

Meg, I've experienced the joy of both extreme heat and extreme cold as I lived in the middle of Texas for 4 years. I really like Alaska but you have to be in the right frame of mind to live here. In the winter, it's not just the cold, but also 8 months or so of snow and ice and lots and lots and lots of darkness. I think the snow and darkness are harder to get used to than the low temperatures. Alaskans fully embrace the summer and sure do appreciate it, let me tell you! I've found that the best way for me to get by is to consider the cold-dark-snow to be Alaska's default state of being and the summers as an extra, pleasant surprise bonus. Makes it easier :)

My Rory is bouncing around right now. I swear, he is the most perfect bunny! I love everything about my boy, everyone should have a Bobo to love :) Paul disagrees and says he's ugly and hairy.

Our lease is up on our apartment. We've lived in the same place for 4 years now and would like to just keep on renting it until we're ready to buy a house, which would be about 3 years from now. The triplex was sold to someone else several months ago and when I called the apartment manager a few days ago, she said they had to talk to the owner and see if they want to raise the rent or if they need us to move out (like if they have a relative who wants to live in our unit or something). Haven't heard anything back yet. With 6 bunnies, I worry we would have a hard time finding a new place to rent. I was all worried for a bit that if that happened, we couldn't find any place we could afford that would accept the bunnies! But if that happened, I would go back and work at the grocery store while in school and we would use the money to pay for the extra rent. I hated working there and it would be stressful with school but better to be able to keep the bun buns.

Everyone please thing good thoughts for Nedder Bug! His symptoms have been gone for a week now and tonight is his last dose of Azithromycin. He got his last Pen G shot on Wednesday night. I'm really hoping he kicked the ear infection and will be all better now!

Everyone else is doing well. Finally got my camera back from my mom and tomorrow I plan to take the binks out to play in the yard, will definitely take pictures!

And last of all, I started a cooking blog. Here is the address: http://cheesewithnoodles.blogspot.com/ I'd love it if anyone would pop in!

For those who haven't checked out her cooking blog - let me tell you - IT ROCKS!!!

We definitely need more pictures of the buns...

I'll definitely post more pictures of the bunnies this week! You won't believe how big the babies are. They're about the size of Kerensa now. Of course their shapes are very different from hers (as Paul described it, "they're longer but not as round"- don't worry Kensa, the roundness is adorable on you!) so we should weigh them today and see how they compare.

And thanks for the positive endorsement of my cooking blog :D

Wowzers! I just weighed Kerensa and the babies. The babies turn 16 weeks old tomorrow. Kerensa weighs 2 lbs 12 oz, Macie weighs 3 lbs exactly and Maximus weighs 3 lbs, 2 oz!! Is that kinda big for 16 week old bunnies?! Maybe they're rexes and not mini rexes...

I entered my ultra handsome Rory into a Bunspace photo contest! Go vote for Bobo :D http://www.bunspace.com/contest_vote?contest_id=91

This is the picture:

IMG_0628resized.jpg

The theme is Flat Bunny. In my completely biased opinion, he is the obvious winner :D

Done and done! Go Rory!

Excellent cooking blog btw! That's one of the reasons i am so excited to move, for the new kitchen! xD Will have to give your recipes a go. ^.^

As promised, pictures of (some of) the bunnies! It was a BEAUTIFUL day today and 3 of the bunnies went outside this evening. Tomorrow the others will get to go out. It was the first time Max and Macie had been outside since they were 7 or so weeks old. They didn't go outside since then because they both had slightly soft poops that time because they ate grass the entire time! This time they did nom on the grass but they also did binkies. It's funny, Max is more hyper but Macie did more binkies and bunny 500s. And then they both let me pick them up fine to take them back inside but Kerensa made me chase her around for a while before I could grab her! Kind of out of character :D Gal wasn't ready to go inside apparently.

Without further ado:

MaxMax at 7 weeks:
IMG_6122.jpg

At 16 weeks:
IMG_6910JPGresized.jpg

Action shot:
IMG_6915.jpg

Macie at 7 weeks:
IMG_6123.jpg

At 16 weeks:
IMG_6949.jpg

IMG_6947.jpg

2 headed, 6 legged monster bunny:
IMG_6928.jpg

I think this one turned out really cool:
IMG_6930.jpg

Sweet Kerensa:
IMG_6955.jpg

Wennie in action:
IMG_6952.jpg

Oh, Cait, if you met Kerensa you would try to sneak her out stuffed in your shirt! She's so cute in person. She isn't very photogenic but is utterly adorable in real life. Even people who don't care for bunnies love her! She's a pretty sweet girl, too. Not as lovey dovey as Tallulah but sweet :D Apparently she was really shy with the pet sitter when we were gone which was surprising because whenever we open her cage she runs over to be petted!

Thanks Dave :D

Time for a Neddie update. He got his last dose of medicine 1 week ago today and his last Pen G shot 9 days ago. I stare at him many times a day to see if there's any sign of the head tilt. Probably making him feel self conscious with all the staring! Good news is so far he seems fine. I'm still cautiously optimistic but hopefully I'll have a better idea if it's gone for good in a week or so. He got the Pen G shots once a week so theoretically it would have worn off around 3 or 4 days ago. I really hope Ned is better for good! I call him Nedder Better a lot so hopefully it sticks :D

And Kerensa scared the crap out of me a little while ago. I was doling out grapes and she put her wee paw on the door of her cage when I came over. Her wee RED paw!! And then I opened the door and her mouth was red too! And I looked around and there was a red lump under her water bottle! OH NO! What happened?! Well, I gave her a strawberry shaped (and colored) wooden chew toy a few days ago and she apparently finally got around to chewing it. And standing on it. Point is, she is fine and I am happy :D

Back