The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay Ned!!! :D :D I'm happy he's doing well off the meds! Here's hope he's a cured fellow. :)

And that would have scared me too if I'd seen that on my bunnies! Silly Kerensa.

We can pass her between us, so Shiloh won't know which continent to look. This seems like a good idea.

I mean... Don't go looking in California or Australia, Shiloh. Those are silly places to look for a missing Kerensa. Just downright silly... :p

Neddie is still looking good! He's actually still shedding like mad which makes him look very forlorn (I call him my ragamuffin) but his head is not tilting.

Speaking of forlorn, all of the bunnies have different reactions to vacuuming. Ned's is pathetically adorable. I vacuum out their cages sometimes (not the litter boxes, but stray doots and fur and stuff) and Ned's cage looks like the inside of a cotton candy factory lately because he sheds so much. When I vacuumed yesterday, I opened the doors of his cage and had to do a double take because he was so well camouflaged huddling on a pile of his own fur with his head stuck behind the litter box! I picked him up and put him in his litter box so I could vacuum and the poor guy flattened himself down with his ears up and his eyes wide. I should get a picture some time, they only way to describe the look is "pathetically adorable." He looks like a scared teddy bear!

Max Max is the second least fond of the vacuum. He tries to hide under things and runs around. Macie's uneasy around it but not as scared. Phoebe just acts like it kind of annoys her, Rory can't really be bothered and will sometimes hop to a different level if I prod him enough, and Miss Kerensa seeks out the vacuum cleaner. I have to actively keep her away from it. This is the same bunny that was terrified earlier in the year when she looked through the window (her cage is by the window) and saw Paul, otherwise known as "evil monster of doom" walking around outside and would only be consoled when he came back inside and petted her.

Oh yeah! Yesterday I forgot to write what I actually came here to post! Yesterday morning Miss Macie sat on my lap for a good 15 minutes. She beat her old record by about 14 1/2 minutes. She sat on my lap with her head shoved under my arm while I petted her. We've had the babies for 2 1/2 months now. Am I ever going to stop saying "You're SO SOFT!!!!" every single time I pet Maximus and Mabel?! Poor Paul is getting kind of tired of it :D

I can't decide what to do! I want to buy a photo mug. Can't decide if I should get one with 14 pictures of my bunnies or one with just the adorable picture of Max and Macie sitting in the mugs. What do you guys think?

Bobo got 32nd place in the Bunspace photo contest. Not bad considering how many entrants there were but I maintain he would have got way more votes if I had known about the contest earlier and entered him sooner! The first place bunny won because it has splayed legs so looks like it got squished. I know bunnies don't care but that seems really insensitive to me... he wasn't trying to look flat, it's just how he always looks :tears2:

Cait, I thought so too!

Last night I had a bad dream :( Anyone else have bad dreams about their bunnies? In the dream I only had Kerensa. Pet bunnies were suddenly banned by the government and they were gathering up all the domesticated rabbits to torture them to death. I went into hiding with Kerensa and some other bunny lovers but we were on the verge of being found. I knew they would torture my baby so I was trying to quickly decide on the least painful way to kill her myself so she wouldn't suffer in their hands. I sleep with a stuffed moose (no laughing!) and I woke up hugging him and petting him and crying because I thought he was Kerensa. Very glad she is not in danger of being tortured and I don't have to pick a way to kill her and spare her that misery!!

I've had so many dreams of Toby being run over/stepped on/eaten... pretty much every terrible thing that could happen, I've dreamt of. It's awful, but apparently kinda normal for us RO folk :p

Ned is still SO HAIRY! Oh my gosh. I'd forgotten how terribly he sheds. I take him out in the yard to brush him and when I'm done it looks like 5 million dandelions released their fluffy seeds all at once. Great news is he's still tiltless :D Pretty sure I'll be checking him for signs of head tilt every day for the rest of his life but I think he kicked it :nod:highfive::agree:party0002::clapping::pinkbouce::yahoo::pinkelepht:

Pardon the bajillions of emoticons, I'm just so very happy about it!

Yay Nedders!! :D

Also I've had dreams like that about my pets, kids, SO, houseplants... So it's very normal when you care for something to have a little anxiety about it's well being, and that carries over into dreams/nightmares quite well. Sometimes that's the only time you know you have any anxiety over it!

I think you're right, Cait. I had a nightmare about my first rabbit Cinnabun when I was a kid. That was 15 years ago and I still remember it perfectly! For some reason every couple of months I have bad dreams about my rats, even though they've all passed away. It's always that I forgot I had them and they had tons of babies and their cages were filthy and I'd feel so guilty.

The granddaddy of bad pet dreams was one I had the night Tallulah died. I dreamed I was riding on the back of a whale and it was the middle of the night and the water was black. I was holding Tallulah's dead body in my arms when the whale plunged down below the surface of the water and as we went under, Tallulah clawed my throat open and I bled to death. Isn't that absolutely terrible?! Did not exactly help me get over her death!

She's been gone 3 1/2 years and I still miss her like crazy. As much as I love the other bunnies, Lu really screwed up my ability to love my pets because I haven't been completely head over heels in love since her. The exception is Rory but I already had him and already loved him with all my heart when Tallulah died. When he dies I'm going to flip out, not my Bobo!

I'm so messed up! And don't worry other bunnies, I love you too!

Mabel definitely wins the best belly award at our house! Whenever I go to say hi to her, she stands up on her back legs with her paws on the side of the cage. This reveals her perfect round little white belly, complete with BLACK SPOTS! None of the other bunnies have spots on their bellies. I always poke her in the belly and tell her how cute her tummy is :D It is irresistible!

My bunzos have a new rabbit neighbor! A couple moved into the unit next to ours (the middle of our triplex) and the girl was fascinated by our bunnies. Today she came over and knocked on our door holding the cutest chocolate colored Netherland Dwarf named Howard! He is seriously adorable. She said he's 3 years old and she got him from her boss. She had lots of questions about his care so I referred her to this site, then went home and typed up a 4 page care sheet for him. She doesn't know much about bunnies yet but is very nice and likes him a lot and I can tell she really wants to be a good bunny mom. I showed her how to calm him down, how to clip his nails, and gave her a bunch of hay, a toy and some treats. We also told her that if she decides she can't keep him or something we will take him in a heartbeat :D Hopefully that doesn't happen but good to know he'll have a home if it comes to that. She is his third home in three years, poor little dude.

How silly is this, I'm still thinking about Howard! He was SO CUTE! With his stumpy little ears and his wiggly nose and his chocolatey color... I held him for a good half hour and he was just so adorable. Kind of antsy but a sweet boy for sure and very licky. It's nice to have a bunny loving neighbor!

Latest posts

Back