The Adventures of Mr. Cookie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds pretty much exactly like what happened to the Tip after her IV treatment. She started to eat a little...but within about 14 hours she was eating like a monster again.

Getting the personality back is good, thouh. Means he's not in too much pain. And hay is the best thing that he could eat...so....it's good that he's eating it!

And I had a momentary mind-slip of what type of bunny he was. I was like he's cute and cuddly...REX!

Kisses to Cookie!

qtipthebun wrote:
That sounds pretty much exactly like what happened to the Tip after her IV treatment. She started to eat a little...but within about 14 hours she was eating like a monster again.

Getting the personality back is good, thouh. Means he's not in too much pain. And hay is the best thing that he could eat...so....it's good that he's eating it!

And I had a momentary mind-slip of what type of bunny he was. I was like he's cute and cuddly...REX!

Kisses to Cookie!

Thanks... He has been 24 hours now since his iv fluids and is still sleeping a lot and just nibbling every now and again... But as long as he is consistently nibbling I guess it's good... He does get a little energy and will walk around his pen like 3times and then flop exhausted poor boy...

He is def not himself, He BIT my hubby yesterday! Which has NEVER happened! He's never bitten anyone... He went into his cage to clean up the green smoothie that cookie spilled and cookie ran over to him and just bit his hand! :confused2:
It was crazy weird... he didn't hold it against him... But let him know that if it happened again when he was better, they'd have a problem ;)

And I think Rex buns are so cuddly! I'm hoping when the time comes for Mr.C to pick his wife, he picks a Rex ... Their fur is so soft! :)

Little C monster update: well today he has been really REALLY grouchy I thought maybe he was in a little extra pain? So I gave him a little pain med, but just half the reg dose... Didn't really seem to help the grouchiness just made him sleepy lol hubby went out today and got all kinds of different kind of hay... Since he really isnt eating much else I thought if he had a variety maybe he will eat more.... So he currently has a big Timothy basket stuffed with orchard grass, some crazy tasty timothy hay, some Timothy hay with dried flowers, and some alfalfa... He has eaten a bit more... But now he is just sleeping... He's been leaving lots of cecals everywhere... Man they stink! Lol I've never smelled them before because he always eats all of them... We just checked his belly and all looks just like it did yesterday when the vet said it looked good... So I guess it's good! Pretty swollen and red but no more so than yesterday... We have also been through 5 different crocks for water! And he has dumped everyone.of.them. He has no interest in drink the water... Just throwing it everywhere... I didn't want him to have to reach and stretch to use the bottle but he doesnt seem to want the crock in there...

I know it's only been 36 hrs since his surgery (even tho it feels like at least a week) but I'm tired... And miss my happy go lucky bunny... Wish I had a magic wand and he would just be better already! So hard when the kids are sick...

LakeCondo wrote:
Is one of the crocks big enough to put a brick in?

No none of them were that big... I'm afraid he'll get in it, if it's big enough... For some reason he seems to like being wet? Every time he dumps the crocks he immediately flops in the spilt water... Which of course leaves him pretty wet and I end up freaking out and running there drying him off before he gets sicker... He's a weird-O...

We do have a few big steel bowls from when we had a bigger dog, I guess we could give it a try... If he starts swimming, I promise to take a video before I freak out!:big wink:

Smart idea about the different hays. I did that with Neville giving him Timothy and Orchard his first few days of illness. That's all he would eat.

Can you give him his bottle but not make him stretch? It seems that he hates the crock and once his bottle that he's used to drinking from. Also could he be laying in the water because it cools his swollen belly. I know it must be a pain because I would be afraid him being wet could bring on a cold, but maybe that's why he's flopping in it?

Poor thing. I wish I had a magic wand too. I would send it to you so that you could use it. He reminds me so much of my Dobby. Know you must be tired as well as Mr. Cookie. Really got a raw deal from a botched neutering before he met you. Now he's paying the price and you have to see him going through it.

Stay strong. Wishing Mr. Cookie a needed rest tonight and a much better day tomorrow.

K:)

Well he still has his bottle in there... And I moved it so it's lower... But he tried it once yesterday and squealed :( so I guess it hurt... and he has not tried again (that i have seen anyway) and so they only water he has been getting (other than what he is licking off his wet body) is from his super wet veggies... I did try something else a little bit ago... One of my small stone ware (heavy) pots! I haven't seen him drink anything yet... But he hasn't tipped it :) I hope he will drink from it... Just until he is better and then I'll happily remove it and never put a dreaded bowl in his domainagain LOL and he is probably flopping in the water cuz it feels good... I thought that too... Only prob is, I'm not suppose to let it get wet! Thankfully he has only managed to soak his side and back the 3 times he's flopped in a puddle today... So his belly has remained fairly dry... I've been giving him warmth with towels fresh out of the dryer... But perhaps he would like his frozen water bottle as well... Maybe I'll put it on the opposite side of his cage so he can get some cool on his belly if he wants without getting wet and then cuddle in the warm towel too...

And yes! If you find that wand please send it my way! This boy is wearing.me.out.

Well it seems to be working.... He didn't tip the pot all night and my hubby saw him drink a good bit out of it this morning! :D he also finished all his veggies I gave him before bed! :D :D

Hes still not eating pellets... But he took a raisin from me this morning! And a piece of banana! First sweet in days!

And right now as I type he is trying to chew his way out of the xpen... I think he is getting a bit stir crazy in there...BUT! He will just have to deal! Cuz I am not chancing him ripping those stitches! NO WAY!

My hope for today is that he will resume pellets and I won't find anymore cecals being left behind! I have to go back to work tomorrow and would feel so much better if he is dng both those things!

So glad to hear that Mr. Cookie is doing so much better. Congratulations on him eating the veggies and interested in sweets!

I think the pellets will be next. It took Neville a good 4 days to really start with the pellets, but now the last 2 days he's eaten all of them.

Hopefully he starts for you today so that you can go to work tomorrow not worrying.

So I just went in to clean up dinner and there is definitely a dent in his pellets!!! (a very small dent but a dent nonetheless!) and there haven't been any cecals left, that I can see anyway! Still tiny "dry Cumb" poops... But he must of eaten his cecals or slipped them to the dogs LOL cuz I don't see any :) woohoo :)

And I am returning to work tomorrow but my sweet hubby is still nervous about leaving him so he is going to stay home with him for one more day! I love him and his love for our pets :inlove:

So thrilled about the small dent of pellets. Sounds like our Neville when he started back eating them. Baby steps.

ALRIGHT Mr. Cookie!

And your hubby is so sweet. Glad to hear someone will be with your sweet guy one more day.

But absolutely thrilled so hear that this sweet guy is rebounding after such a rough time.

Sounds like he's on the mend. Glad to hear it! For Tip, as soon as she started eating veggies, she was fine again. I hope Cookie is the same way.

Well it's been 5 days, I'm so happy we are on the other side of that nasty surgery! He is a different bun this morning! He is eating alot of hay, veggies and pellets (not as much pellets as usually, but almost!) making a royal mess and HE TOOK A CARROT from me this morning! He loves carrots and this has been my measure of if he still doesn't feel well... He has refused carrots and even grunted at me for offering them lol for the last 5 days! And this morning I offered him one... He sniffed a long while and then took it very gently... Dropped it... Sniffed more... And then grabbed it and ran off and ate it :D

I'm so glad to have my boy back! Now I can't wait for him to be able to come out and be a house rabbit again... What's everybody think? A week? 10 days? 2weeks? I don't want to risk ANYTHING! The vet said after a week, to use my discretion...

Oh I have also noticed alot less poops being left around his pen! And he appears to be a bowl drinking bunny now... Or should I say a pot drink bunny lol since he is using my ceramic pot as a bowl ;) he hasn't touched his bottle since he tried day 3 and it hurt... Which is just fine with me! Whatever he wants :)

Well it's been 5 days, I'm so happy we are on the other side of that nasty surgery! He is a different bun this morning! He is eating alot of hay, veggies and pellets (not as much pellets as usually, but almost!) making a royal mess and HE TOOK A CARROT from me this morning! He loves carrots and this has been my measure of if he still doesn't feel well... He has refused carrots and even grunted at me for offering them lol for the last 5 days! And this morning I offered him one... He sniffed a long while and then took it very gently... Dropped it... Sniffed more... And then grabbed it and ran off and ate it :D

I'm so glad to have my boy back! Now I can't wait for him to be able to come out and be a house rabbit again... What's everybody think? A week? 10 days? 2weeks? I don't want to risk ANYTHING! The vet said after a week, to use my discretion...

Oh I have also noticed alot less poops being left around his pen! And he appears to be a bowl drinking bunny now... Or should I say a pot drink bunny lol since he is using my ceramic pot as a bowl ;) he hasn't touched his bottle since he tried day 3 and it hurt... Which is just fine with me! Whatever he wants :)

Hurray.

About when to resume normal activities, you don't want him doing any jumping for awhile. So let him stay somewhere for a few days where he can't jump up on something & he'll soon be all ok.

Absolutely GREAT News! So glad Mr. Cookie is coming around. I would take it slow with your boy. Mine were out in a week but they didn't even come close to what poor Mr. Cookie went through. I'd wait the required week but then for another week, only an area where he really can't jump up on anything.

I'm so thrilled for all of you! Nasty time will be a thing of the past real soon.

Thank you both! I'm so glad he is on his way out of this... There were a few moments there when I didn't think he would make it at all!

And I agree... 2weeks it is :) I don't have any way of keeping him from jumping once he is out... We live in a 3story town home and our sofas are pretty high... And the floor plan is pretty open... He is currently in an xpen so I'll prob just let him stay confined to that until he is ready to run all over again :) I would just let him out in the kitchen but he has been known to try and jump up onto the chairs (which are pretty high!) so I don't wanna chance it... Ad with this boy there will Be no "little bit" of time out lol once he is out for the first time HA it'll prob take him all day to wanna go back! So 2weeks it is... I'm thinking we will probably have to re-acclimate the dogs to him again... They are very sweet between the xpen bars... but since he hasn't been out in so long, best to be safe...

Latest posts

Back