The Adventures of Mr. Cookie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMommaD

Reaction score
We have Had our little cookie for exactly 3 weeks today. We are madly in love! He is so precious! We happened upon him in a pet store where he had been abandoned... He is approximately 18 months old and we think a Silver Martin (but that's just a thought, I'd love to hear what you all think he could be!) we have used a traditional cage for him since we got him but I hated putting him in there while I was at work and felt bad that he was SO desperate to get outta there when we got home, that TODAY the hubby and I made him a new enclosure with an xpen and some other fun things! He is SO happy, :biggrin:

Here's his new home!

54995669.jpg

881ce1f0.jpg

e5d05e06.jpg

We are thinking about possibly adding another xpen at some point to make it bigger but for now, he so much happier, and so am I! :biggrin:

Thanks!and well when we found him it said his name was Oreo, which we didn't like but we did agree we looked like an Oreo cookie... And he is also SOOOOOO sweet... Just like a cookie :)

What a lucky rabbit to have such a nice new home. You might be able to add a shelf if you've got a 45` angle between pen sections to put it in. Just get a cooling rack [meant for cooling cookies, so appropriate for Cookie], securely add carpeting to it, & fasten it on two sides of the pen with lots of ties.

Someone using a water bottle would know better than I, but I think the bottle needs to be moved down a bit.

Thanks Nancy! And you are SO rit only absolute necessities! Lol

And LakeCondo - that is a great idea about the shelf! We did get him a small cat thingy this evening that he can climb in and on... But a he'd prob love a shelf too! As far as the water... Yah I think any other bun would probably want the water bottle lower however mr. Cookie likes to "sit high" when he drinks... And if it's to low he won't drink but rattle the cage and head butt the bottle til I move it lol... He would probably like it even higher but I'm leaving it where it is unless he starts complaining lol

Here is his area with the kitty thing... And we also went to home depot and had a 8 ft 2\4 cut into 1 ft pieces for less than 2.50$! Awesome! This guy loves to chew on some wood! Lol but his on than my walls & baseboards lol

66334b1b.jpg

6bba0438.jpg

And I tried to move some stuff out to give him some more open space but he started thumping at me lol he is certainly the king!

Oh my Mr Cookie has a lovely new home. He must be tickled pink.

Do you think he miss looking out the window though?

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and stories about Mr Cookie.

Susan:)

I did think after we moved the bench that he would miss looking out the window.... SOOOOOO we moved the bench into the living room in front of our bay window so when he is out running around he can look out the front windows all he wants! And we may end up getting him a shelf in there so he can see out...

Our beautiful boy! (please ignore the wire, we need to rearrange the living room now that the Christmas tree isn't up anymore... We also need some of that stuff to put around the cords... But we are lucky he doesn't really bother them and if he starts to we say "no, no!" and he stops :)

36361f67.jpg

d1ffd14f.jpg

1f9dd6a8.jpg

Oh he is adorable.

I'd still be very careful with the cords. They can bite into them so fast and really hurt themselves.

If you have an Ikea near you they sell cord covers, not pretty but they work well.

Susan:)

Yes we are going to rearrange tomorrow and these cords will be well out of reach! & we don't have any ikeas anywhere near us, unfortunately because I love them! I think the closest one is like 3 hrs away! Any suggestions on other stores that might sell them? Cuz we do have a few in the kitchen that should be covered...

Office Depot or any other office supply store should have them.

Also, I thought I'd modify my suggestion about a shelf. If he's really energetic on it, he might be able to tip the pen over, so you'll have to decide about it.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will be checking out office depot :)

As far as the shelf, we will probably get him a free standing "shelf" at some point.... Maybe a stool with some carpet arises to the top? Im also worried though he might try to jump out too if we give him anything too high... The xpen is 48 inches high... So I don't think he would... He's not a very high jumper (well not so far anyway)

I have to do a double take every time I looked at your Mr. Cookie. It's like seeing my Dobby. They are awesome color pattern aren't they, those Martens.

Love what you and your husband did for his new home. He has lots to do to keep him occupied while you aren't there. And love the idea about the Bay Window. Dobby and Kreacher like to sit on the ledge of our living room windows and look out.

Regarding the cord, any office supply or even WalMart would have something to cover those wires.

Looking forward to continue reading about the Adventures of Mr. Cookie.

K :)

ZRabbits wrote:
I have to do a double take every time I looked at your Mr. Cookie.  It's like seeing my Dobby.  They are awesome color pattern aren't they, those Martens.  

Love what you and your husband did for his new home.  He has lots to do to keep him occupied while you aren't there.  And love the idea about the Bay Window.  Dobby and Kreacher like to sit on the ledge of our living room windows and look out. 
Regarding the cord, any office supply or even WalMart would have something to cover those wires. 
Looking forward to continue reading about the Adventures of Mr. Cookie.

Yes I love love his color pattern... So gorgeous and unique! I had someone tell me that silver martins are pretty rare? Only usually used for showing? They were very shocked that HE had been abandoned... Have u heard that before?

And yeah we love his enclosure... Hubby says it looks like we are starting a zoo... A few more animals and we should charge admission LOL

BertNErnie wrote:
Oh I love the hay rack box thingy you got there!

Thank you! We actually just changed his hay situation... I have some hay allergies, and our dogs like to eat the hay (which causes them to vomit constantly lol) so we have it like this now...

b53a42de.jpg

He's not a huge fan but hopefully he'll get used to it... It seems it will be a tad more tidy :)

Never heard that Martens were rare. I know they are shown. They are like the Dutch. Trying to get that perfect pattern. People love to get the perfect pattern shown.

Someone really didn't know how well the pattern of Cookie is. Shame. But mostly how sweet tempered he is. That's the shocking part of this poor boy's abandonment.

But he's where people see that sweetness and truly relish it.

Win/Win situation all the way around!

Latest posts

Back