The Adventures of Mr. Cookie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like he's nice and settled now that you are back from Scotland. Missed his sentry post to watch where he rules.

I think you are smart with waiting. I think Mr. Cookie, Charlie and the rest will enjoy another friend in the house, but you definitely have to have the time to help introduce the newbie and keep the "boat" from overturning.

Yes it is peaceful and enjoyable when all the fur babies get along. Look forward to hearing more stories of your fur babies and hope you let us know when you are ready to "rock the boat". I'm really curious to see who Mr. Cookie picks.

K:)

BIG CHANGES happening around here!! :D :D

Found out yesterday that my hubby will officially be working exclusively from home FULL TIME come June 11th!!!!! Ekkkkkk I am so flipping excited!!!! There are no words! :D he has been taking about this being his career goal for YEARS! So beyond proud of him!!!!

So this means I get to go shopping for office furniture :D I love shopping ;) lol AND... It also means that MR.C is gonna be moving up to the "penthouse" ;) into the office with my hubby! Which means we will have lots more room to make his house even bigger and add a second level! Ohhhh I'm so excited!!!!

My job will also be ending as of June 15th, which financially makes me a little nervous BUT I have been miserable there so mostly I'm just really excited to have lots of time to spend with my little family this summer until I find another job! :)

I've never been one that has liked change... But THESE changes are super exciting! Woohoo :)

So we met with our new pet sitter yesterday! She.is.awesome. Bonded & insured. She used to breed bunnies for pets :D she also has about 15 other clients with rabbits. She is so knowledgable and we just felt so comfortable with her immediately! The dogs loved her and cookie came right up to her for scratches :D

We just feel so awesome with this new arrangement, and are so excited for our weekend trips coming up this summer! Knowing that our babies will be well taken care of :D

Sounds like you really have someone who will give you true peace of mind so that you and your husband can enjoy the summer. Good for you.

Hoping you and your husband really have a relaxing, enjoyable summer. And the babies get to enjoy a new friend, who you know will definitely be their for their benefit.

And hope you share pics of that relaxing and enjoyable summer? lol

Thanks Karen! :) and I will def share pictures :) we have a family reunion at the end of this month in Christianburg, VA, we are going to Deep Creek MD for the week of July 4th as that's our anniversary :) *but we are taking all the pets with us to deep creek as it's my inlaws house, so they can come :) * and then we might go to the beach sometime and then in early august we are going to Reston VA for the weekend for a professional photoshoot, with one of my favorite photographers :D we won a shoot with her about 2 months ago! So excited for THAT!

Yep looks to be an awesome summer :D

And an even better summer now that we have awesome pet care! :D

Well after working on the office/cookie room all day! We did it! Mr.C is now living in the penthouse!!! :D he is currently living in the same enclosure he had, in nearly the same exact layout as he had downstairs, I thought this might ease his stress in moving to a completely new place! Which to him this room is, he has only been in this room a few times, when he sneaked in when I forgot to close the door lol he seems to have settled right in :D

Here in the hubby's office corner! *notice the clunker tv LOL he has such a cushy job that he can watch movies or "the game" while "working" LOL I'm jealous* hehehe ;)

52cb908f.jpg

And Mr.Cookie's corner :) slightly bigger than hubby's of course ;)

786f60e7.jpg

972f6448.jpg

And he must have been pretty comfortable, because he went right in his house and flopped :D

His cute little (big) feet :D

7eaa9d5c.jpg

In other news, I have 2interviews this weekend and one more week at my job! I CAN NOT! Wait to get out of there! Very excited about what is in store for our future :)

It looks great! What a lovely way to start a new beginning for both Mr. C and your husband. Congratulations on the interviews, fingers crossed and hang in there, it's almost over.

Smart move keeping it all the same way until he gets used to his new location. Then you can change it around, just for stimulation. My tribe really likes when I move them around in different areas. Though it's in the same room, they get different views. It takes them a bit to get used to it, but by the pic of Mr. C's cute feet, he's already ok with the move.

Laughed when you pointed out the tv "clunker". My husband has one on while he's working. I think it helps them think. lol

Again, congratulations, really Great Start. Wishing you all the luck.

ZRabbits wrote:
It looks great!  What a lovely way to start a new beginning for both Mr. C and your husband.  Congratulations on the interviews, fingers crossed and hang in there, it's almost over.  

Smart move keeping it all the same way until he gets used to his new location.  Then you can change it around, just for stimulation.  My tribe really likes when I move them around in different areas.  Though it's in the same room, they get different views.  It takes them a bit to get used to it, but by the pic of Mr. C's cute feet, he's already ok with the move. 
Laughed when you pointed out the tv "clunker".  My husband has one on while he's working.  I think it helps them think. lol
Again, congratulations, really Great Start.  Wishing you all the luck.

Thanks, K :)

And yes we will be leaving his house this way for a few weeks and then I'm going to start constructing him a nic cage/enclosure with different levels and such... The space in the office is odd shape and we will make better use of space with a custom cage :) and he will also be able to lay in the sun and be up high to look out the window :)

I can't wait to see him in the morning, his first next to the window :)

I'm must also admit, I'm really LOVING! Having my kitchen back... Hehehehe I did a big deep clean of everything and moved all the furniture back... It looks SO big now lol and clean :D

And yes the tv... That would be so distracting to me, if I were working LOL but not these men! Lol hubs saying he is going to watch all the movies he likes that I don't! Hahahaha we only have one other tv in the house, and I'm not into "bloody" type movies like with alot of fighting and such... So he will be watching all that with cookie, while he "works" lol

Can't wait to see Mr. Cookie's new enclosure. And please hope you take a pic of his first morning greeting the Sun. He'll really enjoy looking out the window. Plus the sunlight will be good for him.

Glad to hear you now have more space and a kitchen back. Know how much I missed my kitchen table.

Have to laugh you bring up "bloody horror" movies. Watched a "B" rated one today. Not a big fan, but those "B" rated ones are always good for a chuckle.

ZRabbits wrote:
Have to laugh you bring up "bloody horror" movies.  Watched a "B" rated one today.  Not a big fan, but those "B" rated ones are always good for a chuckle.

Oh my hubby's isn't really into the horror "bloody" movies. I was referring more to the war type or movies with alot of fighting, battling...etc. His favorites are braveheart, 300, saving private Ryan...etc. All of which I have seen once... But that's enough for me! I don't handle death and alot of blood..etc in movies. I have a weak stomach and get nightmares quite easily lol I'm a wimp! Yeah, I own it ;) lol

LakeCondo wrote:
I noticed the window. What a lucky rabbit to have one.

That's what I thought, I woke up early yesterday morning to go in and open the shades so he could see out into the morning... I was expecting excitement or something... Nope, he sniffed a little and went back to his food lol what a Divo! ;) lol

He was probably not acting excited just because I was there waiting for it! Brat! :rollseyes hehehe lol

He has been loving it upstairs tho, and today he and the hubs are hanging out all day :) he's gonna be a tired boy tonight! :)

Well it's been nearly a month since I've written! Wow! We have been so busy around here :)

My hubby and cookie are really enjoying thier time together everyday in the office. Cookie will flop in his enclosure as close to his papa as he can and he will give cookie scratches as he talks to students :) I'm so envious he gets to have such an awesome work environment! The hubs has also picked up a night job loading trucks for fedex in our town... It's pretty good money and since I've been out of work for about a month now... The extra cash helps! I have a new job caring for newborn twins, but it won't start til sometime after the 16th of July.

We had a lovely weekend at the end of June in VA visiting family. And the pups and cookie had a great time with their new pet sitter. And we just got back yesterday from a week long trip to our house in deep creek, we went for our anniversary and had a wonderful relaxing time :) I still can't believe we have been married for 6 years! I love that man, more than my life! Cookie spent the week with our pet sitter, we were going to take him with us... But with the temps being as high as they have been we decided to let him stay home... The house up there is a fairly new log cabin and it has AC but it doesn't cool off like our home here does... So instead if risking it, we thought he would be safer at home :) and from her reports and they way he acted when we got back, he had a great week too! :)

Cookie has been spending quite a bit of time with my brother lately. My brother is 18 and on the austism spectrum. He has a hard time with social skills like talking conversationally and being in groups of people... But when he is with cookie? He can actually converse... I had my first real convo with him a few weeks ago while sitting in the floor and petting cookie he talked to me about a girl in his class that he thinks is pretty :) for a moment, his delay was gone and he was just my teenage brother! IT.WAS.AMAZIMG. makes me cry to just think about it :) he and my step dad live kind of far away so he doesn't get to come that often, but we are trying to figure out a schedule we he could come at least once a week, so hang with cookie :) his therapist has also suggestion us bringing cookie to one of his sessions, and N is super excited about THAT! :) so I guess cookie is becoming an unofficial "therapy bunny" :)

I enjoyed reading your blog and the latest update. I like your husbands office and Cookies enclosure is awesome!

How sweet that your brother thrives so well with your animals. I've heard of how autistic people can thrive so well being around animals. Truly shows how fantastic contact with a pet really is.

Congrats on your new job caring for twins! Wow. By yourself? Kudos to you :) lol...my son by himself can be overwhelming to me sometimes...haha

agnesthelion wrote:
I enjoyed reading your blog and the latest update. I like your husbands office and Cookies enclosure is awesome!

How sweet that your brother thrives so well with your animals. I've heard of how autistic people can thrive so well being around animals. Truly shows how fantastic contact with a pet really is.

Congrats on your new job caring for twins! Wow. By yourself? Kudos to you :) lol...my son by himself can be overwhelming to me sometimes...haha
And I've been a nanny for almost 15 years and I have cared for up to 6 kids under 5 at one time... So newborn (none mobile) twins? Piece a cake :big wink:

Back