Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipp wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Nice dreams to have - thanks for sharing - but nowhere near at all what I was looking at doing - nor would I even ask that they do this.

I was in no way suggesting you do this nor was I meaning to take away from your contribution. I was simply explaining IMO the difference between retail and 'rescue' -- or adoption and sales. Sorry if I offended you.

sas :rollseyes
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Pipp - no offense taken- they are grand dreams but not sure how they would work in this small town.

I was just telling a friend that a trip to the closest vet is $20 in gas....to the vet I prefer is $50 - $60 in gas (plus a 6 hour round trip drive).

Now if we could get a vet here in Del Rio that would treat rabbits - your ideas would be great.

Short update before I finally get my butt to bed.

The older babies seem to be doing ok. (It would help if I'd stop drinking their medicine by mistake...took it tonight while on the phone with Ali... because I wasn't paying attention).

The three flemmie girls got to play outside today - free running in the yard while some of the lionhead girls (and Milina - our lop) got to play in the dog kennel.

Have I mentioned that when Art came home - Milina tried to melt her way through the bars to get to him and get his attention?

I've come to realize that Art & I have a major difference in our marriage and it may cause problems if we're not careful. I'm an "up-eared" gal....and he goes for the lops. Every lop we have - he just adores. They adore him too.

Finally - gotta share - I think I've decided to go to the Flemish Giant National show after all. Eric is going to take time off and help with the driving.

While I won't get the money in time for the show - I'm picking up mystery shops that will pay me on April 20th (via. paypal).

I've picked up 10 bank shops ($100) plus I'm trying for three cable company shops ($45) and four pawn shop shops ($40) plus a few others. I'm waiting to hear back on the timing for some of them.

I HAVE to share this. As some of you know - I've been feeling pretty lousy lately - been taking it out here on the forum and other places. (I do have news about that)....

Robin showed me a comic strip that reminded her of the way I've been feeling lately....I hope you enjoy it.

[align=center]
duty_calls.png

[/align]
The website addy is http://xkcd.com/386/

She says if you mouse over it on the site - the alternate text says:

[align=center] What do you want me to do? LEAVE? Then they'll keep being wrong!
[/align]
Now for those of you who know about my stupid practice lately of playing "musical pills" with my celexa (and others)....after the doctor got done fussing at me - he wants me to try to go back on these pills (since they worked before) at the dose I have for a minimum of a week before we try anything else. I'm to take them FAITHFULLY like I used to.

So....I should be leveling out soon - I hope.

He didn't lecture me - too much - just a bit (cause he knows it is almost impossible for me to make myself go see a doctor to begin with and he's the first one I'll willingly make appointments to see).

More later in the day I hope...

Meatloaf & babies (their cage got cleaned yesterday but you wouldn't know it to look at it sometimes). - plus I just realized I didn't switch out their food bowl for a clean one..I'll do that this afternoon.

[align=center]
IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

[/align]

Me...and my.....daddy?

You betcha. Mercury is an awesome daddy when the kids are playing at this age - he reminds me so much of Tiny when I see things like this.

[align=center]
IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Look at the HUGE feet on the baby on the far right....
IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

[/align]

I love this one:

IMG_0386.jpg

Daddy gets some groomin, and one of the babies hides its head under dad's big ear.

IMG_0389.jpg

Look at the HUGE feet on the baby on the far right....

:shock:WOW!!

Bunnies in boxes....we buy bottled water by the case...this is the bottom of the case...

Sophia
[align=center]
IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

Dallas & Austin
IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

[/align]

I can't say what....and I can't say when....because I'm sworn to secrecy and because I want to wait until ... well...can't even say that.

But I can say this...

:pinkelepht::runningrabbit::yes::phone::party::happyrabbit::bunnybutt::woohoo:bunny18:party0002::lalalala::lalalala::lalalala::lalalala::lalalala::lalalala::lalalala::lalalala::lalalala:

Ok...enough said.

You'll understand later.

Oh - I so forgot to share this.

I was talking to Ali today about my girls...and it seems like since their talk with "Auntie Arlene" who discussed with them their litterbox habits...things have gone from :litterfew: and :sweep to :litterhealthy:.

I'm so proud of my girls.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Are the bunnies coming home soon?
I wish I could say yes...we haven't made their reservations yet for a date.

We'd budgeted $200 to fly them home - because at first I was thinking of them as the size of 4 month old flemish that could share a carrier.

Turns out its $200 X 2 to fly them home.

I sure am glad for a good friend like Alicia who is willing to pet sit them.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Hmm is this news realted to you?
Sorry gotta wait - less than a week - I hope - but gotta wait.

It is related to me - but NO - I am NOT pregnant.

At least - I hope not.

I'm 49 years old...If I were to get pregnant - you'd be seeing this...

:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:

I will say in less than a week I hope you'll understand.

Till then - I'll drive everyone else crazy too since I'm crazy.

That picture of Sophia ina box is awesome...she looks SO content, snuggled in the box, laying in a little sunbeam...

BTW, my hubby does NOT do well with the, "I have a secret! I have a secret!" method. So now he will drive me crazy until you spill it!lol :p

Latest posts

Back