Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"bull fritter" = "apple fritter" (Latin)

The term used to describe a chewy, delectable apple cinnamon pastry fresh from the Tim Horton's oven when your mouth is full of said delightful flakiness :). Goes down great with a large double-double of Timmie's finest.

"Mmph-mmam wan' mo'bull-fritter--mmmph-mmm""

:biggrin2:

There is a quote about "Don't Mess With Texas" - its also sometimes said "Don't Mess with Texans".

Nyx is refusing to leave this state (except to go to shows and be beautiful) because she believes in the state motto.

That is - as long as it applies to her only. Like - she thinks its fine to mess with Zeus....or the other rabbits.

As long as she is left alone.

OOoops...forgot to tell y'all.

I'm back on my meds (regularly) and it has already started to make a difference.

For instance - I was SINGING today (and I DO NOT sing well) as I was driving home from work....and just feeling....

happy.

It was an amazing feeling.

TinysMom wrote:
There is a quote about "Don't Mess With Texas" - its also sometimes said "Don't Mess with Texans".

Nyx is refusing to leave this state (except to go to shows and be beautiful) because she believes in the state motto.

That is - as long as it applies to her only. Like - she thinks its fine to mess with Zeus....or the other rabbits.

As long as she is left alone.
There's also another saying..."It's good to be the King!" Or in this case, "It's good to be the Diva!"

Well - it is a five part secret. I do parts one, three and five and someone else does parts two and four.

I did part one the other day and will probably go ahead and do part three today even though part two isn't done yet.

Hopefully part five will get done late Saturday so I can tell about the secret on Sunday.

But because the secret depends upon things outside my control....I can't guarantee anything.

I almost forgot to share.

I was on the phone with Ali last night and I lost it and started laughing and laughing. I was like, "Of course this would happen while the camera card is out of the camera..." but I went for the camera anyway.

It seems like Nyx wanted to get into the food - but we'd blocked it with a trash can.

I'll let you figure out what happened from the pictures.

I will add that while I was grabbing the camera - she dug in the trash and found the banana peel. The funny part was she couldn't figure out how to jump out and eat the banana peel because of the babies that were around.

Oh and she has a message for Daisy...she says she's one-upped her cause she found something GOOD in the trash to take with her....now she's challenging Daisy to do something better than this. (Watch out Dave!)

[align=center]
IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

[/align]

mistyjr wrote:
You got any photo's of your LionHeads?? :pinkbouce::pinkbouce::biggrin2:
Not recently - I may try to take some later this weekend if I have the time.

I wish you folks could experience my flemish (and the lionheads) the way I do. They are all so unique and funny in their own ways.

Lately - whenever Mercury has been let out to play - the babies have been out playing. They go in his cage - follow him around - groom him - and basically some of them don't leave him alone. Its like he is their HERO or something.

So I thought I'd give him a chance to get some playtime without the babies.

Right.

As Mercury would say right now, "Humans and their STUPID ideas..".

He kept running over to their cage (which is at floor level) - then looking at me - then nuzzling at them through the bars - then looking at me.

I came back to my desk and he started running back and forth between me and the rabbitry....nudging me - running back in near their cage.

I finally gave in and let them out.

He's so happy now. He really loves having them around (at this age).

It will be much different in a month or so when he starts to see the bucks as bucks...but right now - they're all still "babies" to him.

Well - I went ahead and did part three of the surprise. Waiting to hear about part two but was able to do part three now anyway.

Part four is out of my control...well...four "a" I can control...but four "b" I can't control.

Also - I got my business cards - I'm SOOO psyched!

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Ok I'm so lost. What was secret 1 and 3?? And where can I find them?
I really should've just shut up....I was just SOOO excited at the time.

Basically - the secret I have....winds up having five parts to it - some of which I can control (parts 1,3 & 5) and parts of it I can't control.

I've done my part for parts 1 & 3....from what I understand - part two is now done.

So now I wait for part four....and then I can do part five.

But the secret will be revealed on Sunday....Lord willing.

Oh...and Dave....um....I decided to make things interesting...so I let Karen know.

Wanted to see if she can still keep secrets after all these years...:biggrin2:

(It was Nyx's idea...she said it was Daisy's idea of revenge for using the trash can as a trap...).

And of course - how could I argue with Nyx??

Latest posts

Back