Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should have it shipped here so it can wait in the room for her.

TinysMom wrote:
I think Athena is ready to start weaning her babies - she seems to think that its been getting harder now that they are older...and she wants the Nap of Luxury Bed that she found on Walmart.com

Tell me - don't you think this is a bit much even for an awesome mama like her..?

NapofLuxury.jpg

Besides...if I got her one...then Nyx would demand she needed one too - then the boys would each want one for their cages for when they entertain the girls...

I told her she'd have to settle for a couple of extra baby carrots...

You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men????

Well - looks like Athena didn't share my timetable for the babies.

They were all chasing her around last night during playtime on the floor and ganging up on her and she was getting REALLY upset with them.

So I picked her up and looked at her.

She doesn't have milk and has weaned them on her own.

I'm going to be formula feeding a few of the smaller ones for a week or so anyway just because I feel like they could use the extra help.

:banghead

Ok - I gotta fess up - since Zeus lives in our bedroom - and loves sleeping in something soft like that...I could see myself breaking down and getting him one in a month or two if they're still on sale.

But that's cause Zeus is.....special.

TinysMom wrote:
Ok - I gotta fess up - since Zeus lives in our bedroom - and loves sleeping in something soft like that...I could see myself breaking down and getting him one in a month or two if they're still on sale.

But that's cause Zeus is.....special.
Lol

TinysMom wrote:
You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men????

Well - looks like Athena didn't share my timetable for the babies.

They were all chasing her around last night during playtime on the floor and ganging up on her and she was getting REALLY upset with them.

So I picked her up and looked at her.

She doesn't have milk and has weaned them on her own.

I'm going to be formula feeding a few of the smaller ones for a week or so anyway just because I feel like they could use the extra help.

:banghead
:shock:

OK - so I went looking at pet beds on amazon.com to see what people buy.

Here are the ones I saw that made me sorta laugh...Nyx wants the third one.

41NGGV00JHL_SS400_.jpg

41Q6BY53VZL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

41WH8ADV8PL_SS500_.jpg

51ItnN8xYIL_SS400_.jpg

From now on I'll try to do thumbnail images ...but had to share these..

Oh Gosh Silly babies pestering Momma so much she shut up shop completely and has no more milk lol!

Hopefully things continue to go well, Have you any homes sorted out for the smaller unshowable bunnies?

Thumbnails of the babies in their new cage (I still need to put down the wood pellets and then spread hay over that and get their food bowl and litter box set up, etc.)

[align=center]

[/align]

paul2641 wrote:
Oh Gosh Silly babies pestering Momma so much she shut up shop completely and has no more milk lol!

Hopefully things continue to go well, Have you any homes sorted out for the smaller unshowable bunnies?
I know that one baby may have a home with one of my son's co-workers....not sure about that.

Since they're only 7 weeks old - are slow to mature and can live together for another 5-6 weeks (per Juan) and I have some rabbit shows to go to in March/April - I'm not overly worried about them right now. I'm not in a hurry as it is the smaller ones who will be going to pet homes and I want to give them extra time here to mature so I can see their personalities, etc.

More photos to come later today.

Flemish babies can be adorable - but they're not known for being cooperative in photo sessions.

These are not in order of "best to worst" but just in the order I picked them out of the pen to do photo shoots. The memory card ran out of space before I could do all of them.

BUCK #1 - 2 pounds 6 1/2 ounces

Doe #1 - weigh 1 pound, 14 1/2 ounces

Buck Two - 2 pounds 4 1/2 ounces

Doe #2 - more impressive than she looks here - 2 pounds 8 ounces

Buck #3 - Floppy - weighs 1 pound 7 1/2 ounces - he can hold his ears up when he wants - he just prefers them to be down

Doe #3 - weight 1 pound 5 1/2 ounces

Cyrano's last photos - I look at these and as I told Ali - I ask myself, "How could I have thought he'd make it????"

DSCF6279.jpg

DSCF6275.jpg

DSCF6274.jpg

DSCF6273.jpg

DSCF6272.jpg

DSCF6271.jpg

looking at Cyrano's pictures brings tears to my eyes. How could you not adore the little critter and wish against the odds that he'll make it.

Cyrano was just one of those bunnies who is "larger than life". He had so much personality. Like Sabine says, how could you not look at him, and hope he'd make it?

I hope you're not beating yourself up about half-way convincing yourself that he'd live. You know, if you had just said, "well, he's just going to die", it would have been harder to give him all the love and normalcy that he had. At least, I would have had a hard time with that. I'd feel myself kind of pulling away, so I wouldn't get hurt when he did pass away.

But you didn't do that!Of course you wanted to believe he'd live. Love brings us so much hope. Cyrano knew he was so loved, and it gave him the will to be a "normal" bunny while he lived. It was a wonderful gift that you gave him!

I know you got hurt...when we love big, we can get hurt big. I guess that was the price of his extraordinary life. But just think about how much he impacted so many of us around the world!! WOW! That'sa lot of influence for a teeny, little scrawny-cute, 10 ounce bunny. We ALL were pulling for him.THANK YOU for giving him the permission and safety to be himself...I was blessed, and so were many, many others.

Latest posts

Back