Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may not be on for a while - Art came home and Cyrano was in distress. He's lethargic and I can't get him to drink or eat and he can't stand up.

I'm not handling this well at all.

About an hour earlier I'd been taking pictures of him and weighed him (10 ounces) and he was running and playing.

I will update later....most likely in the RB area.

Oh no, no, no! Keeping my fingers crossed for Cyrano! :(

paul2641 wrote:
Oh NO I'm sorry for you Peg I know he was a third child to you.
Oh my God - I was holding myself in ok till I read this - you are SOOOO right Paul. My "babies" are 25 years old now and the whole family was calling him our "baby"...

I knew he probably wouldn't make it past weaning - but after weighing him today and seeing how he was catching up to the next smallest runt - and getting fur - I had such hope.

I just sent Ali a text (she's at work) that I'm going to be unavailable for a bit and my phone is going on silent.

I just can't talk yet - I don't want to talk yet.

I want to bury my head in the pillow and forget today ever existed.

:bunnyhug::bunnyangel:dear peg, i am so sorry. dear little cyrano has touched the hearts of many of us.

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

donna xx

I think the hardest part of all this - is that an hour before he died - I weighed him and took photos. When I saw he was almost 1/2 the weight of the runt - I was going, 'Way to go Cyrano...you can make it after all. I'm so proud of you.'

I put him back down in the pen and he flicked me off - and then turned around and winked at me.

A few minutes later - I was letting the dogs in - so I made sure to put him IN the dishpan with some other bunnies (inside the pen) so he wouldn't escape through the pen bars.

We don't know whether another bunny jumped in and gave him injuries - or if it was just his time to go. Art came home - looked at the babies in the pen and picked him up saying that he was laying funny and having problems.

I couldn't be near him near the end...it was too hard. Art snuggled with him in our bedroom. When I finally got up the courage to make myself go be there....he had passed. I wasn't sure because Art was still rubbing his ears and talking to him...but he was gone.

I finally really had started to believe he'd make it.

I'll do his RB thread later - when I can pull myself together and do his pictures and stuff. I did look at his last photos - he was so cute...

:bigtears:
I am so, so sorry Peg... :hug:
He was an amazing little guy... a real lovable, funny character.
One in a million.

Latest posts

Back