Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry - just read of Cyrano and was so humored by your post and then to read he passed - just broke my heart. Glad he was able to be known though - silly bun, brought a smile to my face - so his life wasn't for not..

Hugs from me.

The odds were so bad. So bad.

But we let ourselves get attached anyway. As much as I told myself to stay distant, I still got that little 'rush' with every update. And the loss, no matter how 'expected', is still devastating.

You could have just kept him at arms length, tucked into a corner, not shared his photos, antics... allowed him to slip away like we really knew he would. But as tragic as his loss is, we got to watch his small sweet life, and it was great.

Some types of pets live a long time, others not long at all. We have to accept the idea that these little guys won't be around very long, but we can still enjoy the time we have with them. Every day was a blessing.

Thanks for sharing, Peg and Cyrano.

:sad:

I'm doing a bit better today - not overly well - but somewhat better.

Ali keeps telling me time and again "everything happens for a reason". Usually I agree with her - at times like this - I struggle to agree.

I was sitting in the recliner last night crying - when a story came to me (thanks to LuvaBun who asked me a few days ago if there would be more stories of Tiny's activities since he crossed the bridge 2 years ago). In the midst of the story - I came to understand the situation a bit more.

I believe Cyrano was given to me - to all of us really - to show us that even those "defective" bunnies or those bunnies who appear to have no hope to live - still have a lot to give in their short lives. Cyrano gave us love - he gave us laughter - and he gave us hope - even when we knew we shouldn't have it.

The next post is dedicated to Cyrano - who taught me that - and to LuvaBun - who cared enough to ask about getting more stories about Tiny. (It is the rough draft only - and it is FICTION).

Cyrano couldn't believe it. A few minutes ago he'd been teasing mama and flirting and running in circles and now he was in such pain he didn't even want to keep his eyes open. What had happened?

Then he looked up and knew the answer.

"You're here again. I told you the last two times I'm not leaving mama. She needs me. Go away."

A single tear dropped beside him as the big black rabbit looked down on him. "It's time to leave Cyrano. We talked about this last time. You knew the time was coming."

Cyrano gritted his teeth in pain, "But mama brought me out of it the last two times. The first time she realized I was starving and she fed me formula and then the last time she got that forum thing to send up prayers. She can pull me through again. I can't leave her now. Tiny - she just started to have HOPE that I could make it."

A sigh escaped as the reply came, "Yes little one, I know of that hope. I was watching as you played. I watched as she told you that she finally thought you could make it."

Cyrano felt a spasm of pain go through him again. "But dad isn't here. I want to say goodbye to dad too."

Tiny looked down at Cyrano with understanding in his eyes. He remembered how it felt to have dad hold him those last few seconds and how much he loved dad's touch.

"Do you think I didn't know this little one? Dad is coming up the walk now and will be here soon. He will check on you as soon as he walks out here. Just rest for now."

And of course as Cyrano waited, dad came home and checked on him. While he fought to stay, dad and mom were watching over him and finally dad wrapped him up and took him to the bedroom to keep him warm. Mama couldn't even watch anymore because she was near hysterics.

Cyrano looked up at Tiny again. "I don't want to go. I want to stay. I'll take the pain if you'll let me stay. Mom's crying and its going to break her heart."

Tiny opened a hole in his chest so Cyrano could see his heart. It was broken into pieces - but part of it was held together by a piece of a human heart.

"I don't understand," the little one cried between whimpers of pain.

"You will take a part of her heart with you and she will always hold you in her heart. She's strong and will be ok."

"But you don't know my mama. She needs me."

Another tear dropped beside the little bunny. "Yes, I know her. I know her very well. She was my mommy and she loved me too."

"Why must I leave now? Why can't I grow old with mommy?"

"There are two reasons. The first one is your time on earth here is done. You taught the humans the lesson you were supposed to teach them."

"What was the lesson?"

Tiny smiled as he said, "That even 'culls' have love to give and hope for a life of their own. You taught them that even flawed bunnies have perfect hearts and you showed them that an ill bunny can live a life of joy and bring joy to their lives."

Suddenly - Cyrano gasped as one last pain hit him. He closed his eyes and could feel that he wasn't in pain anymore. He opened his eyes and looked and he was ABOVE his body - watching as daddy rubbed his ears and said goodbye. He saw mama open the door to come back in and heard daddy tell her he was gone. He cried as he saw her break down and weep about coming in too late.

Cyrano couldn't help but cry as he watched his mommy. Tiny watched him for a minute and then nudged him.

"It is time to move on my little one. We need to give them their time of mourning and you need to go to the bridge."

"Is it really green there and pretty and do bunnies binky all day?"

"Oh yes little one. Wait until you see it. We have a bunch of friends waiting to greet you too. There's Miss Bea and GingerSpice and Samantha and Herman and Puck and Raph and SugarBear and Tio and Flash and so many other bunnies from the forum. They have been following your story and cheering you on and they have a big party planned for you."

Cyrano looked down at mama one more time as dad held her close. "But wait - you said there were TWO reasons."

Tiny sighed. He really wasn't ready to get into this now. He had wanted to wait a bit and let Cyrano adjust to the bridge.

"Lets talk later," Tiny said.

Cyrano stomped his foot even if they were in midair. "No, I deserve to know now - before I leave."

Tiny grunted. The stubborn ones were always the hardest to get to leave...

"Ok. Its because you're kind and compassionate and have a sense of humor and have known the bond of a human."

"Yeah...what does that mean."

Tiny lifted off and motioned for Cyrano to follow as he said, "I need an assistant. Now come little one. We have adventures ahead of us."

:missyou, little bun...

Thank you for the story Peg... I'm sitting here, a whole bundle of tears.
An amazing benediction to Cyrano's wonderful life.
:rainbow:

:tears2:

This is the first time I ever cried after a bun on the forum died, it is funny how I have become so attached to him through your updates and photos.

Cyrano- You were a special little bun and touched the hearts of so many on the forum, I just wished you could have stayed longer. You showed more character and love then so many bunnies that live long lifes, and it is obvious you were put on the Earth for that reason. If we feel this sad over your passing, I can only imagine what your ''Mammy'' and ''Daddy'' feel, they loved you so much and you obviously loved them too. You were no ordinary bun, and were too beautiful for this world. I hope you are happy and pain freewhere ever you are, and have met all our past bunnies.

Your a beautiful, shining star. Gonna miss you little guy :rainbow:

Peg- I'm so sorry for your loss, you gave him a great life and he knew how loved he was.

On a good note you have a nack for fiction Peg, Maybe you should consider getting into writing fictional books for children, Why keep that amazing imagination of a young little girl(Even if it ain't in the youngest of bodies) Trapped and unused, Share it and write a book!

As I've already said I am extremely sorry to hear that your baby Cyrano died.

I'm so sorry to hear Cyrano died. He was my favorite too.
I loved the story of his passing. Maybe it wasn't really fiction, it could well be true. Or maybe I just want to believe that. It is a beautiful story all the same. It has me in tears, and that doesn't happen often.:bigtears:

R.I.P. baby Cyrano, and have a grand time at the bridge. If you meet White Chocolate, send her my love too. :pink iris::hearts:

Lots of love and hugs to you ane your family, Peg.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
:missyou, little bun...

Thank you for the story Peg... I'm sitting here, a whole bundle of tears.
An amazing benediction to Cyrano's wonderful life.
:rainbow:

:yeahthat: :tears2:

Words fail me right now, PegI am so sorry for your loss, Cyrano was one of those real special buns that come into our lives when we need them. His impact on me was far beyond his size.

Dave

TinysMom wrote:
"Why must I leave now? Why can't I grow old with mommy?"

"There are two reasons. The first one is your time on earth here is done. You taught the humans the lesson you were supposed to teach them."

"What was the lesson?"

Tiny smiled as he said, "That even 'culls' have love to give and hope for a life of their own. You taught them that even flawed bunnies have perfect hearts and you showed them that an ill bunny can live a life of joy and bring joy to their lives."

:hug: So true, Tiny! We don't have to be perfect, to love and be loved.

Goodbye little Cyrano! We love you.

:missyou darling little bun. look out for an otter rex when you are hopping around the bridge - he will play with you.

sorry peg, i cant think of any thing to say right now - cant type thru tears.

xx:hug:

That was such a beautiful story Peg...brought tears to my eyes

I'm so sorry

I'm about to head to bed cause I'm not feeling good (been off my blood pressure meds - yeah - feel free to nag me privately sometime next week to make sure I get back on them..)....but I wanted to share a couple of things.

First of all - we went to the feed store today where we picked up my Valentine's Day present - a brand new cage (that we'd ordered) for the new bunny girls. It turns out that it is bigger (and more expensive) than the last one...but that's ok - it is the same size as Nyx's (designed for a dog up to 130 pounds).

While we were getting food I kept thinking about how we're going through food faster than usual (trying to figure out how much to get for this payday) when it dawned on me....DUH....

We're feeding ELEVEN more little flemmies...that are growing to be big flemmies (free feeding).

I guess I should get prepared to take out another mortgage on the house to pay their food bill (I am joking). But I think we're going to be increasing our feed for a while.

The babies have learned to jump in the food bucket when Robin is carrying it around feeding everyone (if they're having playtime). I keep hearing, "Get out of the bucket.." as she picks one out - only to have two more try to jump back in.

Next week we'll probably start the weaning process....where HAS the time gone? I'm a bit worried about Crosby/Calamity Jane...I picked her up tonight and while she has some size - she doesn't have enough weight for her size. Her fur is also sorta funky and has been that way for a bit. I'm going to work on supplementing her with a bit more food and maybe some vitamin E because of the way her fur feels.

The smallest buck is hilarious and I have got to say that this is probably the one baby I'm going to have the hardest time letting go of. He is a little kiss-bunny and he loves to cuddle. I gave him some formula tonight (just to play around a bit) and he was so funny - he appreciated the fact that I made him up some formula. Afterwards he snoozed in my arms and then woke up and gave me kisses. (He was laying on his back - not quite tranced but close to it).

Because his ears lay to the side instead of having him hold them straight up - Robin and I have been calling him "Floppy" - but tonight I was calling him "Floppy LoveBug" as I held him. I'd say his name and he'd give me kisses - as soon as he'd stop - I'd say his name again and the kisses would start all over again.

I'll try to bring myself to upload photos from the other day because I did get a couple of photos of him that day. He is going to make someone an AWESOME pet. I wish it could be me - but I have to focus on keeping the best rabbits for breeding and let the rest go. But this one - yeah - it will hurt. I hope whoever adopts him might join the forum or something.

Also - I called Continental today to work on arranging the flights for the girls...and it sounds like I'm going to have to pay to fly them individually vs. together. I'm checking into it a bit more...but that is going to add an extra $200 to the cost.

Ali and I have been talking - I might fly one girl here first and then the other girl a couple of weeks later. I don't know why it never dawned on me before that because of their size - they would be unable to fly together in the same carrier.

I think Ali & I have come up with the barn name for one of the girls - and some ideas about naming the rabbits.

But my computer is giving me fits- so I'll share more later...

I think Athena is ready to start weaning her babies - she seems to think that its been getting harder now that they are older...and she wants the Nap of Luxury Bed that she found on Walmart.com

Tell me - don't you think this is a bit much even for an awesome mama like her..?

NapofLuxury.jpg

Besides...if I got her one...then Nyx would demand she needed one too - then the boys would each want one for their cages for when they entertain the girls...

I told her she'd have to settle for a couple of extra baby carrots...

TinysMom wrote:
I think Athena is ready to start weaning her babies - she seems to think that its been getting harder now that they are older...and she wants the Nap of Luxury Bed that she found on Walmart.com

Tell me - don't you think this is a bit much even for an awesome mama like her..?

NapofLuxury.jpg

Besides...if I got her one...then Nyx would demand she needed one too - then the boys would each want one for their cages for when they entertain the girls...

I told her she'd have to settle for a couple of extra baby carrots...
I see the boys as more of Futon types.

Roxy cannot believe that you have not got all the ladies in your herd one of these beds. she also suggests that you hire a private plane for transporting your bunnies - they could then relax in style with carrots and nibbles whilst watching tv.;)

Latest posts

Back