Taken on a new Bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How on EARTH did I miss this!????

Congratulations to Jan on her beautiful new friend!
Congratulations to Shadow on gaining a lovely bunwife :)
Congratulations to George on finding her (really) forever home!!!

and big big big THANKS to Saviour Stan, who was fated to be there, at just the right moment in time:hug:

What a wonderful, heart breaking story!

I know, I can't believe I missed it too! She is such a beautiful bunny, and I'm so glad she has a chance to live out her life with a hus-bun and family to love her. It's so sweet how she shows her appreciation to you! This is a great story, and Stan and Jan (and hubby, sorry missed his name), you guys are heroes for giving her this chance!

Oh and the pic of Jester is ADORABLE

Thanks, Autumn and Claire :)

Just a quick update. The past few days have been a little cooler, so we took Shadow and George out in the garden together. I have to say, they both had a ball :). George ran around exploring, did a few binkies and ate lots of grass, and Shadow is happier than he has been since we lost Pernod last year. I have never seen him binky as high, or as much. Watching them brought such a smile to my face.

We did get a few photos, but have to upload them yet.

Jan

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Awww that's so sad. She looks so scared in that last picture, like she knew the end was near but Stan swooped in and saved her! You are Superstan for sure! Who needs Superman?

Great to hear her poopy butt is clearing up! I really hope she doesn't have intestinal problems and it's just the fiber... And as for her name, I really doubt she wouldn't recognize Georgia if she knows George. It's the exact same name but with an extra syllable on the end. George has it's charm though and Georgie's really cute. Georgette? Hehe.

Maybe she will like Georgette?

What a great story... she is beautiful...

Denise

Aww...sounds like George and Shadow had such a wonderful time!!

I've been enjoying the cooler temps, too. Loved the thunder last night...and I'm hoping the forecast is right about the predicted thunder showers tonight! :D

It sounds as though Shadow and George had a blast out...it brought a smile to my face just to hear how happy they both are.

George sure did hit the big time when you took her into your life....you have given her such a happy time in the short amount of time that you have had her.

Looking forward to seeing those pictures...I want to see happy little bunnies;)

Congratulations John and Jan! How lucky you are, and newlywed, proposal cheer to Shadow and George. It's good to have friends. :)

Stan, the story you reported of bunnies that need more care, especially when the shelter has their hands full, reminds me of Karla's situation. She sat on the floor waiting her lethal injection Jun-5-05 when I walked into the room. Fleas, and a bald spot on her cheek.

Woo hoo. :pinkbouce::yes::great::love: to you BigKids for being receptive to one more furchild ~

~ and the great life George'll have as you take care of her weight loss, binky desires.

Alfalfa richness will assist in the poopy butt episodes.

The picture story was awesome, Stan. You put in a lot of time to share your volunteer experiences in pictures. I am grateful you are do dedicated to helping.
Getting the word out at the shelter about Jan and to avoid " the euth decision.

:sunshine::brownbunny:hugsquish:

Adding you to the people-clone list. ;)

What a wonderful story. How lucky George is now that he has found you!

I recently adopted a beautiful bunny on Canada Day from the Edmonton Humane Society. There was a gentleman there who took pictures of the whole thing. I am wondering if that was Stan by any chance? I was so busy crying over how much the gentleman cared for the bunnies that I forgot to ask his name!

Hi AmandaPike21! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! :D So nice to meet you. It was so busy at the shelter and I forgot to ask your name too. ;) After you left, I should of gave you some food to take home with you, because the stores would of been closed because it was so late.

Here is a picture of Eddie.

110zjex.jpg

Youhave to tell us all about him in your own blog. Everyone is going to be so jealous how cute and gentle Eddie is. There is alot of information here and so many people onlinethat can help.

Stan :)

OH MY GOODNESS...Eddie's so cute!!

*runs over to check to see if AmandaPike21's got a blog yet*

And JAN...I must see more pictures of your lovely pair! Can't tell you how happy I am that they're so happy together!! :D

Congratulations, AmandaPike21 - Eddie is gorgeous. I'm so pleased you got one of the EHS bunnies :)

Rosie, I have some new pictures in my blog - I'm pleased to say that all the bunnies seem quite happy at the moment :)

Jan

Thanks Stan! Eddie had lots of food, we picked some up at the pet store there in the building. I have new pictures of Eddie and he is super happy. In addition to his own collection, he has been claiming toys all over the house such as my cat's crinkle tunnel, the dog's big fluffy bed, one of my purses... he plays with and loves everything! I am so glad to have him!

:party:Happy 1st Gotcha Day Georgia! :big kiss:

1149_051420_520000000.jpg

June 2009

It was 1 year ago Jan and John adopted George (her former name)from the Edmonton Humane Society.

Today she is one of the happiest bunnies who gets to share her time between Shadow and Jester.

14y3lsk.jpg

April 2010 i47.tinypic.com/14y3lsk.jpg

Thanks Stan :)

Yes, our Georgia girl has been with us for a whole year!!! I wasn't sure whether we would have her that long, when the lump was discovered, but she is doing great :). She has slimmed down, and, for a 7 year old bun, has loads of energy. She often does Bunny 500's from the Bunny Room, along the landing, into our room and back again.

Although she is bonded with Shadow, she has also made friends with Jester, and spends an hour or so with him in the evening. I think being doted on by two males does her the World of good ;).

I will get some photos taken and update this in the next day or so.

Jan

Happy Gotcha Day Georgia! You're looking good.

I think you can chan.ge the caption to Lucky Girl now.

Latest posts

Back