Taken on a new Bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my goodness, Jan! I'm so happy to hear how things are going between George and Shadow!! :D

I can't wait until all of our Fantastic Four are altered, and I can attempt bonding and get the surprise of who loves who! :)

I'm SO HAPPY to hear her health has already improved so much. That's a relief...I was worried and thinking about her a lot. I hope things continue on toward a wonderfully healthy George!!

:jumpforjoy:

I think this is wonderful. My buck named Harriet thinks there is nothing wrong with a girl named George...

George is beautiful! Congratulations to both of you for finding each other. And great job, Stan, for getting her a little more time.

I'm glad to hear her poopy butt is clearing up. My Nick had a major case of poopy butt when he was taken from the shelter. He still has problems if he gets too many treats, but for the most part, watching his diet controls the problem.

I love the name George for a girl. She seems like such a sweetheart.

LuvaBun wrote:
Like Stan said, it was a hard decision as I wasn't really looking for another rabbit. Having said that, I don't regret it for a minute.

What a relief. I was so worried if youdecidedwith your heart instead of your head and would regret it. I would of felt so bad.

So hereare theevents onthe fateful day that decided George's future...

June 4, Thursday.

George is in the holding cage, under observation by the vet.
She isoff the adoption list and held in the back room.

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

This isher infected area, where she was shave.
There is still an accumulation of dirt and fecesstuck on her bottom.

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

By theend ofthe day,while returning George to her holdingcage, the Vet Techcame in the rabbit roomlooking for her.

4gqcld.jpg

She was about tosedate George and take her to the Vet who wasgoing toeuthanize her.

They had decided that her age, medical condition, and the numbers of rabbits coming in,George would be put to sleep. I pleaded to them not to, and that there might be someone whomay be interested in her. I phoned Jan, but there wasno answer, andI was only able to leave a message on her answering machine. The Tech wentto speak with the Vet,who cameback to me and told me that they would hold her for another day. Then Janreturned my call, but she couldn't decide at that very moment. Because Jan called,theVet decided to give George even more time, and if she improved, shemay go back for adoption.

So many things could of gone wrong, if I wasn't there that day,if Imissedfinding outwhat was happening to George, if the Tech didn't come into the room while I was there, or if Jan didn't call back, if ... George wouldof been euthanized, and be gone.Fate sure works in wondrous ways.

she is a gorgeous bunny! it's such a nice story that she was saved and has a nice new home. look forward to hearing more about her as she settles in.

her colouring blends in very well with the colour of the floor in some of those photos haha

Awww that's so sad. She looks so scared in that last picture, like she knew the end was near but Stan swooped in and saved her! You are Superstan for sure! Who needs Superman?

Great to hear her poopy butt is clearing up! I really hope she doesn't have intestinal problems and it's just the fiber... And as for her name, I really doubt she wouldn't recognize Georgia if she knows George. It's the exact same name but with an extra syllable on the end. George has it's charm though and Georgie's really cute. Georgette? Hehe.

kherrmann3 wrote:
Thank goodness for "SuperStan"!
:baghead

No, really it should be "SuperJan" who stepped up and took George from her final hours and given her a new lease on life, a beautiful home, and ahandsome bunny mate (Shadow).

Thanks, everyone:)

It's so sad how close George came to being euthanised :(. When I see her running around, and flattening herself for nose rubs, and think how it could have been .... it's horrible!

She had a tiny bit of poop on her butt this morning, but nothing much. The fur is growing back where she was shaved - a cute white belly :D

This morning I was at work. John took all 3 into the basement - Shadow and George on one side of the room, and Jester on the other, with the x-pen between them. They both totally ignored George and spent the time trying to nip each other through the bars :rollseyes. George lay under the bed, probably thinking how dumb males were :p

John also decided to re-organise the room where Shadow and George are. He has put those rubber, interlocking mats (like Jen and Minda have) all over the floor. I have cleaned the sand box and will put it back in later on. It will be easier to keep clean, especially if George remains un- litter trained.

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
(p.s am I the only one who thinks she has a look of Pebbles?:D)
Jess, she is a lot like Pebbles, only a much bigger version - especially her ears :). The shelter had her down as a Dutch cross, but I don't see it at all, and neither did the vet.

I really must start a blog for all my babies. I didn't feel much like blogging after Pernod went to the Bridge, but as that is coming up to a year ago, perhaps it's time I did!

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
I really must start a blog for all my babies. I didn't feel much like blogging after Pernod went to the Bridge, but as that is coming up to a year ago, perhaps it's time I did!

Jan
Oh, I think so, too. I had a hard time blogging about anything after our loss, too. It's hard when all you're thinking about is sadness. I hate talking when all I've got to say is negative.

I would love to read your blog, though! :)

Thanks Rosie :)

George is doing really well. She is a lot more active. In fact, when she is in the basement and it's time to take her back to the cage, she has John and me running around all over the place. For one chubby bunny, she sure can move :D. There have been no major poopy butt problems, and she has started eating the occasional Timothy pellet, and munch on more Timothy hay :). She still isn't litter trained, and I doubt whether she ever will be at this stage!

Yesterday, I felt quite happy to leave her and Shadow out upstairs together. She went on a major explore, and he just followed her everywhere. He is being such a gentlebun with her:). He still sleeps in our room, but often I find him laying outside her cage. I spent time downstairs with Jester, so all was good.

Jan

First things first, she is one gorgeous bunny. (I'm partial to agouti-colored bunnies with upright ears, so I'm a lil' biased, but still...;))

Secondly, when I read the following note...
By theend ofthe day,while returning George to her holdingcage, the Vet Techcame in the rabbit roomlooking for her. She was about tosedate George and take her to the Vet who wasgoing toeuthanize her.
...the tears started falling. It's hard to think of such a beautiful, sweet bun losing her life like that....

I am sohappy/relieved that you adopted her. Beatiful George has won the Bunny Lotto, I think. :D

Jenk

Latest posts

Back