Ringo and his Ongoing Story of Hope

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LuvaBun wrote:
He's a determined little thing, isn't he :D

I love how when something (inluding fingers) gets anywhere near his mouth, he's like "Ooohh food" :D

Such a sweetheart

jan
Oh yea. Never hard. It is like ok not food.:)

I am sitting here laughing at Ringo attacking the bag of craisins :laugh:

And here I thought my Billy was feisty...
Ringo's got him beat hands down :blueribbon:

I want people to see that a bunny can continue to live a full life despite the tilt. It doesn't make him less perfect. It doesn't make him less happy than other bunnies. It just makes him special.

I also don't want people to think that I believe EVERY rabbit with head-tilt can live with it. I think that you have to give your rabbit a chance to overcome it. I do know that it isn't just you fighting, you willing the bunny to live. It is the bunny fighting to live. You make a team, you work together to get through the tough days.

Sometimes like when I started this you feel so overwhelmed. So scared, so hopeless. In those times seek out those who understand and lean on them till you get through. Sometimes those moments are short other times it is long. Just know that you will get through the muddy water and see the sunshine again.

Maybe growing up with a brother who is bipolar and watching my mom fight every day for him to get through. To make people see that he wasn't different that he was still a kid. She fought and taught us that when something is worth fighting for you fight. To choose our battles wisely. I chose my battle. Ringo is still a bunny, he just needs a little help.

Choosing him as my battle there are still skirmishes. Like him not getting neutered. There are risk in that but one we let slide. Him getting a little more food than he should. Well in the bad times I rather him have more weight he can afford to lose than weight he can't afford to lose. I pick and choose my battles when it comes to him.

Ok this may be long but not finished I just have to get to work. I will continue later. I think soon I will write out the beginning of this. What it was like before I came to the forum.

JadeIcing wrote:
I want people to see that a bunny can continue to live a full life despite the tilt. It doesn't make him less perfect. It doesn't make him less happy than other bunnies. It just makes him special.

Oh how true this is.....my head tilt bunnies have had wonderful happy lives other than their bad episodes. I would get discouraged during their bad episodes and think, "Should I give up???" but then they would fight to get better. Each time I've lost one though - it has been because they decided to give up - they were tired or they had other issues. Otherwise - my head tilt bunnies have fought to live and enjoy life.

I also don't want people to think that I believe EVERY rabbit with head-tilt can live with it. I think that you have to give your rabbit a chance to overcome it. I do know that it isn't just you fighting, you willing the bunny to live. It is the bunny fighting to live. You make a team, you work together to get through the tough days.

Amen. And the good days - make the bad days seem worth it.

I think too - that at least for me - I have a different bond with my head tilt bunnies. Its a stronger bond - they're more affectionate with me - more appreciative of what I do for them. My relationship with them is just so different from my relationship with my other rabbits (all of whom I love).

Sometimes I think I wish I could start a sanctuary for wry neck bunnies - but then I think of all the work it takes when they enter a season when its bad and scary - not sure I could take it if I had more than one bad at a time...

Sometimes like when I started this you feel so overwhelmed. So scared, so hopeless. In those times seek out those who understand and lean on them till you get through. Sometimes those moments are short other times it is long. Just know that you will get through the muddy water and see the sunshine again.

And the sunshiney times feel SOOOO good after the bad times - because not only does the rabbit appreciate them - but you do too.

Ringo is still a bunny, he just needs a little help. I forgot to mention - wry neck bunnies tend to be manipulative too...so while they're a bunny - they're a bit more than just a bunny. They're a MANIPULATIVE bunny....

I can't seem to get to the last page of this thread for some reason so I hope my reply works :shock:

I LOVE those videos! Poor Ringo being separated from his beloved craisins!! :p I love your laugh as well, it's very infectious! :D

He is such a special bunny, and I'm so happy to see him doing so well like this :) :hug:

mouse_chalk wrote:
I can't seem to get to the last page of this thread for some reason so I hope my reply works :shock:

I LOVE those videos! Poor Ringo being separated from his beloved craisins!! :p I love your laugh as well, it's very infectious! :D

He is such a special bunny, and I'm so happy to see him doing so well like this :) :hug:

It worked!

He is uh umm very food orientated, Why thank you. I think.:shock::p

Thanks so are we.

This is our thing from Sept-May are his best months. When June comes he starts to get bad by July he isreally bad and needs meds. Sowe may be starting him at the end of May before his bad months start. He does not deal with the change of weather at ALL.

Reading your experiences is like a flashback for me. I first joined this board when my Holland Lop, Pudge, was diagnosed with EC. Her head tilt went from slightly noticeable to constant rolling in two days. She too had good months that were usually in the cooler months.

I devoted a room to her as she could not stand to be in a cage. The confinement seemed to make her rolling worse. If she could run in a big circle around the room she didn't roll as much and seemed happier. Unfortunately, my litter trained bunny no longer had the ability to make it to her litter pan. This meant that I had a ruined rug that I shampooed quite often.

Unfortunately, Pudge is no longer with us. Her stretches of good days became few and far between. My once happy bunny started grunting and stomping her feet, which told me it was time to let go. It'll be a year in February that I had her put to sleep. I knew it was the best thing for her, but it didn't make it much easier for me.

I hope you have greater success than we did. Head tilt is a bugger and I'd love to see someone spend some more time/money on finding a cure. I wish no bunny or bunny owner had to go through the ups and downs of this problem. My prayers are with you and your little one.

YAY! That's such great news Ali! I'm so pleased he's doing well.... :D

I guess at least if you know he has these cycles, you can be a bit more prepared for it. I know it wont make it any easier but maybe a bit more comforting...

:hug: to you and Dingo! :p

Latest posts

Back