Ringo and his Ongoing Story of Hope

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
You are an awesome headtilt bun mom! Probably, one of thee best ever! You are their Angel.:)

I loved the videos! So sweet to see them together.;)

Give them both hugs and nose rubs from me!:)

Nah just a sucker.

I will try and take another soon.

I will.

One thing I should mention is we plan on always having a special needs bunny. :)I hope it is head-tilt.

One thing I should mention is we plan on always having a special needs bunny. :) I hope it is head-tilt.

Knowing first-hand just how draining it can be (both physically and emotionally) to have a special-needs rabbit, I'd like to nominate you for bunny mom of the year...to have a rabbit who turns into a special-needs animal and care for them is so special, but to make a decision in devoting your life to always having a special-needs rabbit really does take someone who's pretty awesome. My hat's definitely off to you...:hug:

Bassetluv wrote:
One thing I should mention is we plan on always having a special needs bunny. :) I hope it is head-tilt.

Knowing first-hand just how draining it can be (both physically and emotionally) to have a special-needs rabbit, I'd like to nominate you for bunny mom of the year...to have a rabbit who turns into a special-needs animal and care for them is so special, but to make a decision in devoting your life to always having a special-needs rabbit really does take someone who's pretty awesome. My hat's definitely off to you...:hug:
We aren't special he is. He has a way of making things seem just right.

angieluv wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Bassetluv wrote:
We aren't special he is. He has a way of making things seem just right.
That's because you :heartshim!!
You ARE special. :)

:embarrassed:

He is sleeping right now.

Off pills for a week and he is doing good!

Someone asked me somethings and I thought I would put my reponse here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it would be great if she bonded with someone. They say it does alot to help them. I plan on (once Apple is spayed) to have them do more play dates.

When it comes to treatment I have to say the first thing is to see exactly what is causing it. Zithromax combined with Pen G is great for pasteruella. Not sure what it would do for EC.

The one thing I have to say is watch her. Learn what works for her. I have come to learn that each is different.

Teresa (she had it briefly) was very very sedate. She was more the typical head-tilt bunny than Ringo. She never rolled. (but refused food--added that just now.)

Ringo even at his worse when no one was sure if he would make it continued to eat. Yea I had to help him but not because he didn't want to but because he was having trouble eating. Ringo rolls but gets up and shoves things in anger.

Apple's head-tilt is because of an injury a whole different ballpark. She isn't thrown off balance by being held like most. She doesn't have good days and bad days the way he does. But if she takes to sharp of a turn with little room she will flip but get back up running.

Keep her area as open as possible. One so if she rolls she won't be banging into things. Two so that she has more room to run, which is the best for her. The more exercise the better.

This is them together. Sorry it is dark.

They are so cute together. :inlove::inlove: I didn't know they were both intact though.

Yup. Every time we discuss getting Ringo fixed because he is healthy he gets sick. Apple we are waiting till we can be home with her. We were originally looking at November but some unexpected expenses cropped up. So it will be January/February.

Ringo has had more good days than bad and that helps. He also gets alot of playtime with Apple.

She is so good for him. I am truly blessed.

Recently we had to have one of our family dogs to sleep and it showed me that we really are doing what is right for Ringo. As long as he continues on this path he has a long life ahead of him.

I think that Apple has helped him alot. I tell you I really do believe that bunnies like Ringo and Apple have a purpose.

I'm so glad he's doing better. That makes me so happy to hear :)

I think it's great that him and Apple get along so well too. The videos of them together are just so lovely :)

We :hearts Ringo!!

Sweet Meadow Organic Herb and Timothy Hay

I am thinking that would be awesome for Ringo. I am looking into it for him. Anything that can help. I couldn't order it for everyone but for him yea. Ok so Apple would get some. ;)

JadeIcing wrote:
Sweet Meadow Organic Herb and Timothy Hay

I am thinking that would be awesome for Ringo. I am looking into it for him. Anything that can help. I couldn't order it for everyone but for him yea. Ok so Apple would get some. ;)

Yuuum, that stuff looks nummy :biggrin2:!

So on a positive note Ringo got a bag of the herbal hay and seems to like it.

On a negative he has had some bad rolling episodes. Yesterday and today have been bad days. Now mind you he will be rolling in his pen, pick him up put him outside his pen to play...Not once will he roll. It is like nothing was wrong. NOT ONCE!!:?

Latest posts

Back