Ringo and his Ongoing Story of Hope

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, just emailed but it looked like it might not have gotten through, so if I repeat myself, I apologize. I am new, just discovered this wonderful site. My bunny Twinkles started showing symptoms Dec 26th. Got him to the vets the first thing next day. Just wanted to let you know that Pipp and Randy have been incredible helping me with this. Randy recommended I ask my vet about a new drugcalled Convenia, a type of antibiotic injected onceevery 7 days. I wonder if it might not help with Ringo.

Please look up Head Tilt, Jan16th ? and read what they have said. Love to your precious Ringo!

Kathy

You are my inspiration!!! My Twinkles is going through all of these ups and downs right now and knowing you have had success keeps me going. The worst is when Twinkles has a bad day after I thought he was progressing. I can't help thinking I might not be doing the right thing for him. Then I look at your story and relax a bit.
Ringo and all your bunnies are so lucky to have someone that loves and cares for them as you do!
Kathy

So he sneezed today. When he sneezes my heart stops. I have him on my lap now. His nose is wet and looks like slight discharge. So now I will go get his kit and check him over.

So nose is just wet. Ears a little messy not much at all. So I will start him on a 3week run of meds and if hes not better off to the vet. (Yea I do call her at this point she knows I know what he needs so he goes in when I think it is best.) He stresses out on drives so we avoid them at all cost.

How is Ringo today? What's the weather like where you are? I have found that Twinkles seems a little worse when it's cold outside. I have taken to setting the heater up a couple of degree's whenever it's cold.
All the best!
Kathy

bpotter2 wrote:
How is Ringo today? What's the weather like where you are? I have found that Twinkles seems a little worse when it's cold outside. I have taken to setting the heater up a couple of degree's whenever it's cold.
All the best!
Kathy

Hes been napping today. He does worse in the heat. I'm telling each one of these buns are so different.

Practice7.jpg

How's Ringo? Hope he is doing well.
Twinkles had a great 2 weeks then had a bit of a relapse. He has been not too bad since, though. He actually sat with his head almost straight the other day! His down eye has opened half way.
Kathy

bpotter2 wrote:
How's Ringo? Hope he is doing well.
Twinkles had a great 2 weeks then had a bit of a relapse. He has been not too bad since, though. He actually sat with his head almost straight the other day! His down eye has opened half way.
Kathy

Ringo is ok. The flip flopping weather is throwing him off. We were considering starting meds tomorrow. Still debating. We wanted to wait till April.

Glad Twinkles is doing better.:)

How is Ringo? Is he better?
Twinkles continues to improve. It has been a very, very long process but he was doing binkies out on the porch, racing around like a little monkey these last few days. His tilt is still around 25% but holds his head straight when he sits.
Bon Bon has been very active as well. She was chasing Twinkles out on the porch and doing binkies. We could not get her back in the house. She went out twice yesterday, once in the morning then again at 2. I asked Twinkles to go get her [he somehow understands what I say to him, uncanny] and he went out and tried 4 different times. She just hopped around him and refused. It was a gorgeous sunny, breezy day. We had to coax her in at around 8 pm! Then she did a couple of bum wiggles before chowing down her dinner. She has become quite the little princess ever since she recovered from her abscess and surgery.
Sending love to Ringo!!!
Kathy

Ringo has been doing good. We didn't start him on the meds because the weather has been so cool. We don't want to start him to soon. We need to start at just the right time.

Twinkles sounds like he is doing great.

Thought I would update. Ringo did a two week rounds of meds because we could see he was having several bad rolling bouts. We are happy to report that he has started "playing" with his "friend" again. :D

Latest posts

Back