Resolved-Pernod isn't Eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26234zs.jpg

Having some Orchid hay for the first time. :) That is another type of pellets I left for Pernod to try.
If she doesn't like it, Shadow will have it. He will eat anything and everything. :D

27xp4qr.jpg

Looking for more food. :D

Beautiful pictures, Stan! She and Shadow are so cute together.

Im so glad to hear and see how alert she is and that shes eating the hay and greens.

Keep fighting, Pernod! We all love you so much!

Aww i loved the pictures!

Jan..i'm so happy to hear that Pernod is feelingmore cheery now..that's just happy news :)

Cheryl

Stan, you are a very kind and caring person - I've always known that, but it's so wonderful to hear of someone being nice because they want to. So many people are just too busy anymore to care.

Jan, I'm so glad she's feeling better. She is so cute with her "picture" on the feed bag LOL!

When I read a thread like this, where people come together to help and support each other and their bunnies..... it really warms my heart and makes me realize the true blessing this forum has been for so many.

Awww, I'm so glad Pernod has perked up, I've been so worried about her. Just any sign of progress warms my heart. I've been thinking of you and Pernod every day wondering how she was doing, and I'm so happy she's at leat eating and coming around a bit.

((HUGS))

Nadia

Awww, I'm so glad to hear that Pernod is feeling better! The fact that she's so alert and eating a lot more must be a good sign...

I love the pictures that Stan posted as well, with her posing next to the bag of food, with the bunny that looks just like her? Too cute! :p

I hope you're doing ok too Jan, with all this stress! :hug:

Thinking of you all,

Jen xxx

Aww Stan, thank you so much for posting the pictures (as well as everything else :hug:
Bo, you are so right - Stan is just so kind.

Well, Pernod has good and not so good days. She is a lot perkier, and takes a lot more interest in what is going on. We have unpacked a few more boxes of stuff from the UK (only about another 70 to go :shock:) and both she and Shadow have been nosing around them, seeing what they can explore. She has also been in the garden a lot (the weather has been gorgeous) and she has been eating grass and laying in the sun. Her runny nose is so much better - not much discharge at all :)

On the not so good side, one day she will eat more readily than other. She always likes her salad and green veg and she was starting to eat a bit hay, oats and papaya tablet. Then the next day, she won't touch them, but will have a strawberry or grapes. On Friday, she actually had 4 pellets (ones I bought from home) but hasn't tried them since. I am still syringing Critical Care.

I have to say here, that those of you with Special Needs bunnies have my deepest admiration. I am finding it really tiring looking after one sick bun, what with syring meds into her 5 times a day, syringing Critical Care, cleaning her nose and paws and trying to get her to eat other things. I also try to spend time with Shadow so he doesn't feel left out. As Stan said, Shadow would eat anything, and tries to get the medicine before Pernod does :?. I have to put him in a separate room when I am trying to feed her.

I find myself looking at her when she is laying outside, and I get so upset because, with the pasteurella not being so bad, she doesn't really look ill (except for being so skinny), yet I know that there is this problem with her liver. That whatever the antibiotics do for her, they may be little else can be done for her other problem. I guess when we go back to see Dr Goble this week, there may be some news on what we can do. Until then, I just keep on loving her!

Thanks for thinking of us!

Jan

So glad to hear that Pernod is showing signs of hope! Can only imagine the stress level you have been dealing with -- the move, unpacking, getting everyone settled in, bun coming up sick... Glad to hear of at least a little ray of sunshine. Please keep updating on Pernod (and the unpacking - lol)..

Jan, I' so glad that Pernod is in stable condition and that, at least, her pasteurella issue is getting much-much better. Pernod's photos is something that, I believe, everybody following your thread needed to see, i.e. Pernod looking healthy and happy...so, THANK YOU, Stan, not only for the great pictures, but mainly for being such a kind person and doing all the things you do for Pernod and Jan.

Shall be looking forward to hear more good news in the forthcoming days.
Marietta

Well, I'm happy to report that Pernod had a really good day yesterday :). She and Shadow were outside for about 3 hours, and she ate a lot of grass and dandelions. She also had a lot of fun running around exploring.

When we went back inside, she ate a whole strawberry, some oats AND 6 pellets (UK ones). That is 6 more than she has eaten in weeks :). She also ate her greens and her (syringed) Critical Care. The three of us (me, Pernod and Shadow) had quite a cuddle last night too :)

Even better news - the pellets Tracy sent from the UK arrived today (thank you, thank you, thank you). Just as well as the ones I brought over have just about gone. Mind you, they were so well packaged, I needed scissors to get at them :D.

Her nose is just about clear, though she does occassionally not exactly sneeze, but gets rid of discharge. I can tell that there isn't as much as her front paws are no longer sticky.

So, we go for a check up on Thursday, and hopefully things will look up for us. I'll let you know.

Jan

So nice to hear Pernod had a good day, and eating something besides her critical care. Hope sheeats more ofthe pellets Tracy sent.

These pictures are from May 7, when Pernod was not eating and disinterested in anything.
We sawDr Simmonds at the South Side Animal Hospital, as Dr Goble or Dr Steele were unavailable.

dlqhrm.jpg

Pernod weighing in at 1.92 Kg.

262v42x.jpg

How poorly she looked.

2mfz1jt.jpg

She didn't want to come out of her cage at the Vets office, and was not interested in any treats.

Hey Jan - how are Pernod's days going? Still off and on?

Nadia

Well, Stan took Pernod and I back to see Dr Goble today. Pernod has been good since Monday - I think her afternoon outings in the garden make a huge difference to her, and she eats lots of grass.

Dr Goble was really pleased with her :). She had told me not to clean her nose for about 18 hours before our appointment, so she could see how much discharge from her nose there was. And ... there wasn't any :D. It's 90% better than when we first went. And although there is still a lot of gunk in her ear, the consistency of it has changed. So, they flushed her ears out today. Her right ear (which is the one with the problems) bled a little, but she said it wasn't anything to worry about, unless there any changes later on. As she is still on the Sulfatrim, there are no extra ear drops for her.

I was a little disappointed that she hasn't put on any weight, as she has been eating more, but then, she hasn't lost any either. And this afternoon and this evening, she has been wonderful (perhaps the ear flush may have helped). She ran all over the garden, and, best of all has tucked in to the new pellets that tracy sent :). So much so, I haven't syringed any Critical Care, as she has eaten more in pellets than the amount I syringe.

So, all in all, pretty positive. Again, thanks to Stan for taking us - he gotr some good pictures too, though some of Pernod being examined are a bit unlady like :p.

I will keep updating as things go on.

Jan

Yikes, I've spent all day thinking it was Wednesday today! :shock: Long weekend fallout I guess.

Glad to hear she's feeling so chipper!!

:hug1hugsto you, pats to Pernod. :pet:

(and for Stan and Flashy: :big kiss::bouquet: )

Latest posts

Back