Resolved-Pernod isn't Eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan! that's YOU! in the picture too isn't it!?! :hug:

I'm so glad Pernod is doing well right now! Kisses for her from me!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Jan! that's YOU! in the picture too isn't it!?! :hug:

I'm so glad Pernod is doing well right now! Kisses for her from me!

:embarrassed:
Errr, yes, that's me!!!

Thanks everyone! yes, I'm so happy that she is just about her normal self now :).
Shiloh, not too sure about the recommended weight, I should really look it up. But Skyler is just a youngster yet, so he probably has some weight to gain. i think it's just that Pernod has always been ' well built' that I worried about her being so thin now. But she has always eaten a lot, and used to even go through the rubbish bags looking for food :?. Perhaps with her being older, she may not want as much food (she's at least 6 1/2 years old.

I will let you know how our next vet visit goes :)

Jan

edited to add - I just did a search and ARBA weight for Dutch rabbits is between 3.5 and 5.5 lbs with 4.5 being the ideal :)

Jan...just read this update, and I'm so glad she's coming along so well. :highfive:What a relief it must be to see your girl lively and happy again. :bunnydance:Keep us posted, please!

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and that spunky little girl! So glad to hear she is on the up and up!

:party0002:

We don't go to the vet until Thursday, but I thought I'd let you know that the other night Pernod was found with her head in the pellet bag, stuffing her little face
smile.gif
:). She isn't very hungry in the morning, but afternoons and evenings, she's eating like a little piggy. Hopefully, she will have put some weight back on (fingers crossed :))

Jan

Hope Pernod is doing well. I just wanted to say that Dutch are fine weighing 4 pounds. I have a 3 1/2 pound buck. Anyways, you should keep in mind what Pernod's "healthy" weight was, you don't want her to loose too much. Have you tried to give her some oatmeal baby food (the Gerber kind that comes in a jar)? Oats are a good weigh to put on weight. Just don't overdo it, little at a time.

To me, she looks fine, doesn't look skinny. Glad to hear she is eating some.

Sharon

Sharon, thank you so much for that - I'm pleased to know that 4lbs is OK. Pernod used to be 5.5 lbs, and did need to lose a little weight. I guess it's just because I got used to her being a ' solid' little girl ;).

She gets a few oats as a nightime treat, and laps them up now, although when she was really ill, she wouldn't look at them (one way I knew something was wrong). I have to say that she has ALL of her attitude back, and is in to everything again. I never thought i would say it, but it's a relief to have the Diva in her back to normal :D

Jan

Im so glad to hear our girl is doing ok! Ive been thinking of you guys and I'll be praying for her continued improvement :)

Give her kisses from me and the dutch boys. ;)

naturestee wrote:
...Luna is about 7 (!), and Myheart's Patrick if I remember right is closer to 4 lbs.
I was going to respond to the question about Dutch weight, and then I saw this. Luna only feels like she is seven pounds (she isa big-bottomed girl). She is actually a tiny bit over 5 pounds, but should not gain any more weight. I think Patrick is about 4.5 pounds, but don't quote me on that. He is a bit more trim than Luna, but he tends to cruise around the house a bit more. I hope this helps...

myheart

"I thought I'd let you know that the other night Pernod was found with her head in the pellet bag, stuffing her little face"

That ^^^ made me smile. Very good news she has got her appetite back :sunshine:

Jo xx

Latest posts

Back