Pick Your Pellet...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mygrl2k3 wrote:
Ipay 6.00 for a 10 lbs bag but i just dont think two bunnies would gothrough 50 lbs of food fast enough. I know you can freeze some but justnot alot of freeze space either.

Cristy
For 1, 2, or even 3 bunnies it would be fine, no problem fora 10 pound bag to last a while... but I have 32 rabbits with 3 of them*hopefully pregnant*. 50 pounds of food lasts me a week atbest.

I just buy what the feed store in town has.:?No one around here sells anything but that and Hartz whichI refuse to feed because of high sugar content. The stuff does have theminimum requirements for rabbit nutrition though and it's the stuffthey have been fed since they started eating pellets at a few weeks oldso at least it's consistant and they like it.

brandy: i dont think martin is a bad brand, fromlooking at the ingredients etc.. i just wish that we had a largervariety up here. i'd like to try the oxbow, or purina brands! i knowpurina rabbit food isnt available at all up here, and i'm stillchecking around for oxbow but havent found it.

Im starting to feed my buns a Fori-Diet Kaytee bag, it only has the one colored pallet in, anyone know if its any good ?

I feed my Blue Seal Bunny 16. Thatswhat I use for my show bunnies and almost everyone I know who can getit uses it. It's been fed to many GC'S buns that my friendhas, and I have been using it for 14 years. Its recommendedby many ARBA Judges inculding my Uncle. I have used Purina inthe green bag before, and I hate it, I makes my bunnies really sick.

When I raised rabbits, I gave them Purina.. (green bag..)

Now, since I only have one... Keehani gets whatever they have at the grocery store in the little 5 lbs bag... he he..

She doesn't mind, though... that girl'll eat ANYTHING!! lately it'sbeen the sides of her litterbox... hmph... I give her all these toysand toilet paper tubes... and she chews on her litter box... Ah well...

DownEastFarMiniLops wrote:
I have used Purina in the green bag before, and I hate it, Imakes my bunnies really sick.
That's kind of like saying Wonder Bread is a terrible product, becauseyou bought some that was moldy or stale, and it made you sick.

It sounds like you may have gotten some of their product that may have gone bad.

Did you contact the facility that sold it to you? Improper storage orfreshness can be an issue. I have one small supplier in my area thatI'm really not to keen about, but it's close by. I only buy acessories(bottles, bowls, etc) because of the good prices. But he doesn't sell alarge ammount of pellets. In fact I marked a bag in the store about 6months ago and the bag is still there.

Did you contact Purina? They have one of the more extensive qualityassurance programs for retail products. They also have good customerservice policies.

We have been using Purina products as long as I can remember (more than14 years, but I won't say how many more ;) ). In fact Purina was one ofthe few retail manufactures of animal foods at that time.

Here's a link to the HRS data comparision of pellet foodhttp://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-4/pellet-info.html

My buns get Kaytee Timothy Complete.The ones who are still growing, get Mana Pro mixed with Mazuri (Iremove the seeds).

Jen

Right now MeatHead is eating Big Red with Manna Pro that Dan gave me.

I will be switching MeatHead to BlueSeal show hutch along with Mannapro once I order them and stock up for the winter this year. We aregoing to get hit and I want to prepare.

My buns food has changed. They all noweat a mix of Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe and Purina in the greenbag. But when the new TSC opens just down the street, we willswitch to Manna Pro if they don't carry Blue Seal because most of themin my area don't. On the advice of a few breeders, Sampson,Anissa and Delilah (Flemish), Corky (Flemish Mix) and Cedric (EnglishLop) get 1 Tbsp. of Calf Manna daily.

Jen

I am feeding Dante' Blue Seal Bunny 16 rightnow. He loves it. I will probably switch him to Rabbit 15 when he getsa bit older. Many breeders seem to have high praise for the Blue Sealproducts. And it's very economical.

Latest posts

Back