Pick Your Pellet...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

What brand of pellets do you feed your rabbit(s)?

-Carolyn

I use purina.. its in a green bag. My bunnieshave a much prettier coat and now that i am measuring out their foodLuv no longers has a dirty butt. I am feeding them 1/4 cup of pellets.is that enough? They are about 7 lbs i beleive.

Cristy

lanna21974 wrote:
I *think* I recall someone posting that the larger breedsrequire less feed? I feed my bunnies an ounce of feed per pound of bodyweight....approximately 1/3 cup....but theyre netherland dwarfs....2 to3 lbs.

Lanna

Larger rabbits have a slower metabolism and require less feed per poundthan small rabbits. So, the "oz. per pound" ruleonly applies to the smaller breeds.

Pam

When refering to a smaller breed. Do you mean thedwarfs who weigh 2 to 3 lbs and mine who weigh about as much as a smallcat. There are so many sizes of Rabbits. I wouldnt call minesmall but not a big breed like the cute adorable Flemish Giants who arebigger than some dogs.

The bag says 1/4 for smaller breeds and 1/2 cup for larger breeds, is1/4 not enough?? I dont want to go from over feeding to underfeeding.

Cristy

My vet recommended Timothy pellets as opposed tothe alphafa(sp?) She said if I could not find them local to buy themonline at oxbow.

No matter to them what I feed them. They know when it'stime.In the morning they get fed when the dogs do and atnight they get fed when the guina pig does. Even if theystill have food in thier dish they get all excited when they see mefeeding the other animals.

I feed Purina Rabbit Chow (green bag). 1/2 cup per rabbit.

I used to feed Oxbow Bunny Basics/T, but at the supplier Iwas getting it from, it was costing me $39.95 for a 50 pound bag... WAYto expensive! That was one reason for switching to PurinaRabbit Chow... $10.40 for 50 pounds. I have noticed however,their condition has improved greatly being on Purina thanonOxbow. But that's just me.

I pay 6.00 for a 10 lbs bag but i just dont thinktwo bunnies would go through 50 lbs of food fast enough. I know you canfreeze some but just not alot of freeze space either.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back