Pebbles is sneezing again.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, we did the shower thing. It worked okay, but the steamer worked much better. We bought one of those vicks steamer things (it was cheap-like ten bucks) and the vicks vaposteam that goes directly into the water of the steamer. You can also buy eucalyptus or something to go into the medicine cup of the steamer, but I think the other works better for maximum steam.

I would turn the thing on and point at Max's pen. A lot of times he would just go lay down next to it. It really helped.

Get well soon Pebbles!

My little Peter rabbit started sneezing a few times a day about two months ago, and the vet told me to buy some children's liquid Benadryl, but I haven't given it to him because the sneezes are infrequent and his nose is dry.

Best of health to Pebbles!

Pebbles is better today. Her nose is drier and not as gummed up as before. She is breathing easier. And I haven't caught her sneezing yet.;)
But she did poop and pee all over her cage. :X

It was too late last night to try the steamer or shower thing.

What seems to work is my peppermint mist. It is pure peppermint, and a little shot is very powerfulwhich covers the whole room. It certainly clears my sinus. I just have to be careful not to get it too close or too strong around Pebbles.

Here are the pictures of Pebbles visit to the Vet Clinic yesterday.

4umz22w.jpg

66onk85.jpg

You can see some discharge from her nose. Her right nostril was the worse.

4qrolds.jpg

Waiting patiently for the Doctor.

The clinic is the South Side Animal Hospital. This is where Cocoa sees her Vet, so I decided to give it a try.

4mb7h2e.jpg

4yq8goh.jpg

Doctor Heather Steele is the rabbit expert here.
Their fees are very inexpensive and there is no charge for a check up after the medication is finished.

53pzb07.jpg

Over all exam and general assessment. Very alert and active in exam room.

674gsbk.jpg

Listening to the stomach.

4rbrhhj.jpg

Listening to the heart.

5ysniut.jpg

Listening to the lungs. Mild wheezing bilaterally in cranial chest.

It was nice of the vet to let you take pictures. At least it gives folks an idea of what an exam looks like.

My girl Goobie is experiencing the same symptoms with the sneezing. She blew a big mucous plug out of her nose the other morning. Otherwise she is eating, drinking, pooping and being her usual bratty self.

I came home from work today and she was in the midst of a sneeze attack. I called the vet to make appointment for tomorrow evening. I think she may have something stuck up her nose but better to have it checked out.

pla725 wrote:
It was nice of the vet to let you take pictures. At least it gives folks an idea of what an exam looks like.

I don't mind sharing my pictures with everyone.If it can help someone else, that's great. I do ask before I take pictures. I did mention the forum to the Doctor, but I forgot to write the link down for her. I'll have to do that when I see her on Pebbles check-up.

What a difference a day makes. Pebbles hasn't sneezed or even wheezed at all. Iput her in the basement run for the first time since Spice and Reese (MBB's bunnies) was here, and Pebbles promptly reclaimed her run. She chinned every thing including me. :p

I hope all goes well with Goobie, and the vetto prescribeatreatment to subside her sneezing.

Oh wow, I didn't realise how sick poor Pebbles is! I sure hope it wasn't my bunnies stressing them out so much that caused some of it. :(

You're sure getting a taste of the vets in the area. You'll have to fill me in on which one you like or which ones you like for certain types of problems!

I hope Peebles feels better. Goobie sendsa get well message.

Goobie is doing well despite her sneezing issues. The vet gave her a good exam. She (the vet) prescribed Baytril 2x daily for 14 days. She felt that she has a URI. She also said that I can use Benadyril prn. The dose is 1 ml per pound (weight).

Accidently hit the send button twice. DOH!

I'll put it to good use though.

As far as the exam went with my vet, the vet tech did the initial work up. The vet did check Goobie over and asked me questions. I did comment about the hay being dusty this year. The vet tech said her horses were sneezing too from the dry hay.

Pebbles thanks everyone and everybun for their concern.

Two days now, and not a sneeze echoed in the house. I let Pebbles outside today, she explored and ran abit, then found a nice cozy spot to lay in the sun.

Pebbles loves her medicine. She can't get it fast enough, as she bites on the syringe to get more.

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
I sure hope it wasn't my bunnies stressing them out so much that caused some of it.

The Doctor said it could of been a number of things.Shementioned allergies,hay dust or a cold draft in the house.When Pebbles started to sneeze, I moved her away from your two bunniescausing more stress. It is a vicious cycle, when you get stress, your immune system weakens leading to more stress.

The South Side Animal Hospital is accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Their fees were the least expensive in all the vet visits I had. Theytake appointments for me to bring Pebbles in, and they told me that they can make time if I neededcome in sooner.

Doctor Steele diagnosed Pebbles andsuggest a course of action for treatment. I was able discuss other medicines like Zithromax with her. There was time in the exam room to talk and take pictures, and you don't feel rushed. All your questions were answered. In the pictures, you can see the waiting room is mostly empty, as the appointments is spread out far enough for each patient.

This is thesecond day of antibiotics, and I haven't notice any more sneezing. There is still some moisture in the nose, but it is drying up. Earlier today, the doctors office called to see how Pebbles was doing.

GladPeebles is doing much better. Seems like you have a good vet willing to listen to you. That is important.

I wish Goobie would take her medicine without a battle royale. I put the Baytril in a piece of banana just to see if it would easier on both of us. She is eating it.

BTW I took Peter my mini-lop with me to the appointment to keep Goobie calm. Peter is sweet on Goobie and vice versa. However, the little princess is not ready to give her up her independence and the castle. Taking Peter with me worked. Goobie didn't try to climb me or the vet techlike a tree.

Little Heidi has sneezed a bit and I think it's from moving into the cool house from outside in the heat. We tried to make it slow, but I think she still got a little stressed.

Bo did the same thing when we brought him home.

Latest posts

Back